Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 04:00 PM   #16
DLPDreams
I am like a child in a sweet shop, all hyper on sugar

Just a thought, some of the restaurants do an 'express' menu (sometimes! I knew I wanted to eat from it in June in Blue Lagoon but it wasn't advertised, so I asked and they brought me the menu). It is really good value, 2 courses and is served and you can be finished in under 40 mins (and we were, although we hung about with drinks etc). I'm sure you would love the Blue Lagoon - it has a nice atmosphere and would be a nice place to eat if only there one day, but don't want to spend all your time sitting around in a restaurant.

If you have a look at the Blue Lagoon menu reviews, I posted on there when I came back in June .

ETA - if you are going when not many counter service places are open and the park is busy (it will be on dec 1st as it's a sat) then honestly, you could end up queuing for 25 - 30 mins just to order and might have difficulty finding somewhere to sit! So, actually, 40 mins max at the Blue Lagoon is quite good.

Last edited by DLPDreams; 10-03-2012 at 04:13 PM.
DLPDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:21 AM   #17
Meril
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie_Cat View Post
Toad Hall don't sell pizza...they sell fish (and chips) and chicken burgers
The last time I went there was (but hat was some years ago, I didn't return there as that had been a bad experience)
Meril is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 02:01 AM   #18
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkandonaldfans View Post
Seems a shame that there are not great places to eat!
It is, but the table service places make up for it. I'd second what DLPdaft said about asking for the express menu at Walt's (first choice) or Blue Lagoon (second choice).
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:53 AM   #19
Mum to Belle
Thinks she may know someone who has a planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ware Bears View Post
It is, but the table service places make up for it. I'd second what DLPdaft said about asking for the express menu at Walt's (first choice) or Blue Lagoon (second choice).
My thoughts exactly!!
Mum to Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:58 PM   #20
katiesam
Mouseketeer

Are the Express Menus available online anywhere?
katiesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:08 PM   #21
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiesam View Post
Are the Express Menus available online anywhere?
Walt's was this one - it is still Steak - Fish -Risotto that I do know but the veg might have changed

And this was Blue Lagoon - they no longer have them on display outside the restaurant and at the reservation desk neither so I don't have any latest photos Next person who eats there could maybe take some of the menu that they get given once seated

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:10 PM   #22
katiesam
Mouseketeer

Thanks again Carrie
katiesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:18 PM   #23
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiesam View Post
Thanks again Carrie
No pbs I try to update menus as they change so check the sticky and ask if you don't see one. They will change again slightly no doubt in Nov

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:12 PM   #24
Gwendolen
Mouseketeer

Smile

Carrie I am going 11th nov so I will have iPhone ready to get all menus! I will take pics of everything we have, and menus available
Old 10-05-2012, 07:14 AM   #25
JohnnySharp2
No man stands as tall as when he stoops to help a child. Thank god Joshua has a very tall dad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ware Bears View Post
I agree Elaine, and we really enjoyed Blue Lagoon earlier this month, never ever thought we would get Joshua in somewhere like that.
However, the cost is extremely high, it cost us 93 euro's for the 3 of us.
I suppose just dining there once on a trip is sufficient though, and you could also argue that fine dining in the UK would cost as much and you could also argue you won't be able to wave at people going by on the Pirates Of The Caribbean too! So cost is what you are prepared to pay I assume.

I find Toad Hall the exception as far as Counter Service goes as it's fairly good value for money and the fish n chips pretty good (bearing in mind where I live Friday every week of the year is 'chippy for tea!).

Last edited by JohnnySharp2; 10-05-2012 at 07:20 AM.
JohnnySharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:53 AM   #26
DLPDreams
I am like a child in a sweet shop, all hyper on sugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySharp2 View Post
I agree Elaine, and we really enjoyed Blue Lagoon earlier this month, never ever thought we would get Joshua in somewhere like that.
However, the cost is extremely high, it cost us 93 euro's for the 3 of us.
I suppose just dining there once on a trip is sufficient though, and you could also argue that fine dining in the UK would cost as much and you could also argue you won't be able to wave at people going by on the Pirates Of The Caribbean too! So cost is what you are prepared to pay I assume.

I find Toad Hall the exception as far as Counter Service goes as it's fairly good value for money and the fish n chips pretty good (bearing in mind where I live Friday every week of the year is 'chippy for tea!).
Yes it is a little more expensive but as you say, you are paying for the experience. Tbh when it is cold outside (as it will be), it is nice to have a warm, clean table to eat at and sit down, if quite a few CS places are closed (which may, or may not be the case) then it can make it hard to get tables, and likely most people won't want to take it outside due to the weather!. Plus, I think 19.99 euros for a 2 course meal with coffee is reasonable, especially when you factor what you end up paying for CS anyway sometimes in DLRP (and how long you queue, they really DON'T get fast food in DLRP!).

If we can fit it in, we will probably do one express lunch instead of CS as you don't get that much more food. I just have a horrible feeling quite a few CS places will be closed and the park will be heaving (Sat 1st Dec as per OP date), that always creates issues with somewhere to eat/queues etc. Book a table and have an express meal, and you are sorted.

DLPDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:14 AM   #27
kizzabel
Eating poisonous apples since '86

We had the express menu at Walts back in may and I couldnt fault it. It was perfect, didnt have to wait or que for ages and for what we got we found it was great value. For CS I like Toad Hall but am going to try Victorias as the menu seemed a bit different and I think we may try Hakuna Matata for a change next trip also. Markethouse Deli has a good selection but its like the never ending meal in our house as we always seem to end up eating there!

Previous Trips:
2010: Santa Fe - March ** Newport - May 2011: Cheyenne - March ** Sequoia Lodge - November 2012: Hotel New York - May - Honeymoon ** Dream Castle - October 2013: Hotel New York - January ** Santa Fe - October 2014: Disneyland Hotel - May

Upcoming Trips:
2014: Disneyland Hotel - November 2015 Kyriad/Cheyenne - March
kizzabel is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: