Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 07:53 PM   #16
Mary09
Mouseketeer

Most of the lines just aren't designed well for it. It's usually not the typical chains/switchbacks, where you can just discretely duck under when your hubs gets to a nice edge spot. A lot of the lines begin outdoors and then run a long ways indoors. It's hard to find your group, or even know when they're getting close to the end.
Mary09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:31 PM   #17
lwilkison
Mouseketeer

line holding...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kll856 View Post
Going to DLR for the first time with two little ones. Thinking about lines and strategies, wondering if it's generally acceptable to have one person save places in a long line. So if my husband waits in a line that's say 45 minutes, while the kids and I go get some ice cream and come back and meet him in line when there's only like 10 minutes left - is this typical, or is it annoying, or even disallowed?
The only time I ever "held" a spot in line was when my DD was 2 yrs old and the sun was blazing and there was no shade or breeze for a meet-n-greet with Rapunzel. My husband and my DD waited close by in the shade and I was in the front of the line so they did not push past anyone...they just joined me at the front of the cue. I asked the few people behind me if it was okay (before my husband brought our daughter back) and if anyone would of had a problem I would of left the line but I normally do not do it.

It is part of the Disney experience and the lines are made to be amusing when you look around.
lwilkison is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 10:44 PM   #18
xipotec
Grinning Ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaw
Lol yeah i remember that thread too.
Before that too many to list
!

SOME IMAGINATION, HUH??? - Mickey Mouse
xipotec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:04 PM   #19
HollyL
Mouseketeer

To be honest, I don't like that at all, unless if was for some kind of emergency....child didn't feel well and had to throw up, etc. Can you imagine if everyone that had little kids (at least 50% of the people there) did this? It would be a major cluster. If I have to stand in line with my small children for the entire time, why would I be okay with other people going about their business and then coming back once the rest of their party is almost to the front of the line. Not cool.
I do respect that you came on here to ask about that though. People may not say anything, but they might give you the stink eye, and send nasty vibes your way.
HollyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:25 AM   #20
DisSarahK
Missing Mickey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwilkison View Post
The only time I ever "held" a spot in line was when my DD was 2 yrs old and the sun was blazing and there was no shade or breeze for a meet-n-greet with Rapunzel. My husband and my DD waited close by in the shade and I was in the front of the line so they did not push past anyone...they just joined me at the front of the cue. I asked the few people behind me if it was okay (before my husband brought our daughter back) and if anyone would of had a problem I would of left the line but I normally do not do it.

It is part of the Disney experience and the lines are made to be amusing when you look around.
Yes, the Rapunzel line is the only line that we've ever done this in too--and the people around us agreed that it was a good idea and soon all the people behind us were doing the same thing. All the children were soon either off riding the carousel or they were siting in the shade if their only parent was in line in the hot sun.

DisSarahK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:13 AM   #21
MICKEYFIL
Mouseketeer

It is all a matter of circumstance. With two little ones of my own, I can tell you that we wouldn't stand in line for forty minutes or more for anything less than the pope or the queen. My children do not have the staying power and quite frankly the agony of trying to keep them in place would not be worth the possible joy in the end. We just got back from DL and never stood in line for more than 15 minutes and even those lines were frustrating trying to corral kids that didn't understand why we were not on the ride yet.

I would suggest if you little little kids to stick to the rides with short line ups and be prepared to repeat the same ride over and over again (we did Winnie the Pooh 7 times in a row with two minute line up and a 1.9 year old not able to understand why we had to wait)
MICKEYFIL is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: