Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 08:58 AM   #31
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleeH View Post
You all do realize that to fix the Yeti, they would basically have to dismantle the majority of the mountain, right?
I believe that you are mistaken.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:05 AM   #32
Hannathy
When I stop laughing I will answer you

The Yeti will be fixed when the accountants decide it is worth the money to fix it, plain and simple.

It is completely a monetary thing. If it worked at the beginning it can work now but they don't want to spend the money to fix it. There is no other reason.
Hannathy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 09:36 AM   #33
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
That darn creature has been broken for so many years that I can't imagine there are that many people who have actually seen it working.
I was lucky enough to have gone about a month after it opened, so I actually did get to see the Yeti! It's not just a myth...it really does exist!! And it scared the crud out of me! I do miss it... it really did add alot to that ride.

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : First trip to Universal
sydneysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:40 AM   #34
kimmiecub
Earning My Ears

I love EE, but I honestly don't care whether or not the Yeti is working. You see it for a few seconds and then you're gone. I've ridden EE both pre and post a working Yeti. I couldn't tell the difference . The dates of when it went down,and people here on the Dis, are the only way I have of knowing that it was working the first time I rode it. I know it matters to a lot of people, and I wouldn't really be upset if they decided to close EE to try and fix the Yeti, but I personally would rather Disney spend the money else where. HS could use a healthy dose of TLC.

kimmiecub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:25 AM   #35
PSUGuy
Bill From PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmiecub View Post
I love EE, but I honestly don't care whether or not the Yeti is working. You see it for a few seconds and then you're gone.
I've also ridden pre and post and the only time it bugs me that the Yeti is crippled is when I watch one of those Disney documentaries on the Travel Channel or wherever in which they tout this feature and show it working. I know it's not Disney itself promoting a false feature, but it's still irritating.

Bill From PA

PSUGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:36 AM   #36
Reddog1134
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmiecub View Post
I love EE, but I honestly don't care whether or not the Yeti is working. You see it for a few seconds and then you're gone. I've ridden EE both pre and post a working Yeti. I couldn't tell the difference . The dates of when it went down,and people here on the Dis, are the only way I have of knowing that it was working the first time I rode it. I know it matters to a lot of people, and I wouldn't really be upset if they decided to close EE to try and fix the Yeti, but I personally would rather Disney spend the money else where. HS could use a healthy dose of TLC.
Are you SURE it was working the first time you saw it?

It's been my experience that people who recently "saw a working Yeti" realize they were mistaken when they watch footage of the Yeti actually in "A mode".

When people say "I think it was working", my response is "if it was working, there would be no doubt in your mind".

Last edited by Reddog1134; 10-04-2012 at 12:09 PM.
Reddog1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:21 AM   #37
PIRATEGIRL007
DIS Cast Member
OMG! I am about to jump up and down!
real technical words, aren't they!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddog1134 View Post
Are you SURE it was working the first time you saw it?

It's been my experience that people who recently "saw a working Yeti" release they were mistaken when they watch footage of the Yeti actually in "A mode".

When people say "I think it was working", my response is "if it was working, there would be no doubt in your mind".
Agree. Very few people that saw B Mode Yeti realize that was not what it was supposed to be. Alot of times someone will say I saw it work in X Month and Year. Umm no you didn't. You thought you saw it. If you did see true full working A mode you know the difference. Even after all these years I can still remember how much better it was and when I ride EE now it makes me sad when I realize most of those on my train never saw what it was intended to be.
PIRATEGIRL007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: