Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2012, 09:21 AM   #1
Julie521
DIS Veteran

Any recent disneymooners?

Hey everyone! My fiance and I are going on our disneymoon in September. I was just wondering if anyone has recently done the same. Not that I am expecting anything, but curious to see if anyone has gotten and special extras during their trip with cast members knowing your on your honeymoon. I am a little disappointed that the Just Married buttons probably won't be around once I finally get there, and I just can't bring myself to spend ten dollars on them through ebay or anything.

Julie521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:48 AM   #2
Clareathon
Earning My Ears

We had our wedding/honeymoon there in December and we wore our wedding ears everywhere (and the "Happily Ever After" buttons). We got the following from cast members:
1) a king-bed room with a water-view upgrade (Grand Floridian)
2) free champagne and a signed photo from Mickey and Minnie on check-in day (in the room)
3) no less than nine fastpasses for rides at Magic Kingdom (from Chip and Dale, given to my husband when we entered the park)
4) LOTS of "congratulations!"

So you do get some perks, but don't be disappointed if you don't get free stuff everywhere you go! It's the little things that make it fun.
Clareathon is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2012, 10:09 AM   #3
Julie521
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clareathon View Post
We had our wedding/honeymoon there in December and we wore our wedding ears everywhere (and the "Happily Ever After" buttons). We got the following from cast members:
1) a king-bed room with a water-view upgrade (Grand Floridian)
2) free champagne and a signed photo from Mickey and Minnie on check-in day (in the room)
3) no less than nine fastpasses for rides at Magic Kingdom (from Chip and Dale, given to my husband when we entered the park)
4) LOTS of "congratulations!"

So you do get some perks, but don't be disappointed if you don't get free stuff everywhere you go! It's the little things that make it fun.
Thanks!! It is good to see some things are still happening!! I am going in truly not expecting anything. But I think it would just feel.. great.. to have someone recognize how happy we will be on our honeymoon I don't think I will be able to get futureDH to wear the ears, but I did make us a couple cool t-shirts to wear!! One says "just married" on it, the others are "Mr." and Mrs." shirts.

Old 02-08-2012, 10:51 AM   #4
Clareathon
Earning My Ears

Even if he doesn't wear the ears, you can still wear them! When we got the fastpasses, I actually wasn't wearing my ears because the headband hurt my head after a while but Husband was wearing his and got the fistful o' fastpasses!
Clareathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:12 PM   #5
Julie521
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clareathon View Post
Even if he doesn't wear the ears, you can still wear them! When we got the fastpasses, I actually wasn't wearing my ears because the headband hurt my head after a while but Husband was wearing his and got the fistful o' fastpasses!
Excellent I have that issue with headbands too!! I cannot keep them on too long. I am getting very excited, and just hope as the year goes that the magic of "just married" around the park doesn't fade.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:49 PM   #6
sambycat
DIS Veteran

also, i think there are just married buttons, just not necessarily the cinderella ones. also, the what are you celebrating ones are still out there and really, just lots of people saying congrats is pretty awesome!

sambycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:12 PM   #7
Julie521
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambycat View Post
also, i think there are just married buttons, just not necessarily the cinderella ones. also, the what are you celebrating ones are still out there and really, just lots of people saying congrats is pretty awesome!
i heard that as well. i guess i will just have to wait until i get there and see!! i've heard they are trying to become more politically correct. which i absolutely understand and agree with, but its still disney and would be nice to get these things I like talking to people and meeting people too, so I think that having those pins are good conversation starters.

Old 02-08-2012, 11:43 PM   #8
Julie521
DIS Veteran

anyone else??

Old 02-11-2012, 03:46 PM   #9
minniebride
DIS Veteran

We also got married and had our Disneymoon in December. We wore our Just Married pins everyday and we were receiving congratulations from CM's and other guests every 15 minutes it seemed like!!

We stayed Poly CL & the nice women from the CL front desk sent us real flower lei's (not the plastic flower ones) to our room. The Poly housekeeping made us adorable & unique towel animals every day of our stay (ranging from a bride and groom to kissing swans to monkeys hanging from our floor lamps! We were also surprised with free champagne or free dessert at almost every TS restaurant we ate at. They decorated our table and let us have free wine tasting at California Grill. Two times we had CM's bring us to the phone to receive a special congrats phone call from Minnie Mouse-it was really cute!

Aside from the tangible stuff, the CL CMs at the Poly made us feel so special for spending our wedding night and honeymoon with them-I think their kindness was the best Disney magic we received out of everything (and the real flower lei's were pretty cool as well!! )
minniebride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:26 AM   #10
Julie521
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniebride View Post
We also got married and had our Disneymoon in December. We wore our Just Married pins everyday and we were receiving congratulations from CM's and other guests every 15 minutes it seemed like!!

We stayed Poly CL & the nice women from the CL front desk sent us real flower lei's (not the plastic flower ones) to our room. The Poly housekeeping made us adorable & unique towel animals every day of our stay (ranging from a bride and groom to kissing swans to monkeys hanging from our floor lamps! We were also surprised with free champagne or free dessert at almost every TS restaurant we ate at. They decorated our table and let us have free wine tasting at California Grill. Two times we had CM's bring us to the phone to receive a special congrats phone call from Minnie Mouse-it was really cute!

Aside from the tangible stuff, the CL CMs at the Poly made us feel so special for spending our wedding night and honeymoon with them-I think their kindness was the best Disney magic we received out of everything (and the real flower lei's were pretty cool as well!! )
Thank sounds amazing So glad you had such a great time!! It sounds so cheesy but i really wish we could of gotten the "Just Married" pins while we are there. I doubt by September they are going to have many left. Who knows, maybe they will have new ones by then.. Either way I am sure we will have an amazing time. We are staying at Coronado Springs. We couldn't quite afford the higher end places, but this is at least less kid themed and seems more "adult" oriented. We probably won't be at the resort much anyways. My fiance has never been so he wants to do EVERYTHING!

Old 02-13-2012, 09:01 PM   #11
Julie521
DIS Veteran

anyone else?? any good, recent, stories

Old 02-13-2012, 10:44 PM   #12
ashenbiez
Mouseketeer

I'm following this, too, since I'm hoping to get a September Disneymoon, too!
(congrats to you, Julie!)

Why won't the "just married" buttons be around anymore? That was one of the things I was looking forward to adding to our collection!!
We currently have ones from our 3rd anniversary, 4th anniversary and "just engaged".

~~Ash~~

*Adult Disney History*
8/2007 - Off property (never again!) WDW
4/2010 - Bahamas Cruise + WDW @ CBR
5/2011 - Engaged in WDW @ CSR
Working on 9/2012 Honeymoon @ Poly

My Home Blog
Twitter

ashenbiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:09 PM   #13
Julie521
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashenbiez View Post
I'm following this, too, since I'm hoping to get a September Disneymoon, too!
(congrats to you, Julie!)

Why won't the "just married" buttons be around anymore? That was one of the things I was looking forward to adding to our collection!!
We currently have ones from our 3rd anniversary, 4th anniversary and "just engaged".
Hope you get yours!! We are getting married in June, but waiting until Sept. to go because we are driving, hopefully less crowded, and worked out better schedule wise for us!

I have been reading a lot on here the "just married" buttons are now few and far between.. so I am guessing six months from now they will be even harder to get a hold of! My only thought it they may have just married buttons, but with a different picture on them to get over the stereotype only a man and woman being in a relationship. Hopefully some people will come back with stories over the next few months to let us know!!

Old 03-12-2012, 10:37 PM   #14
Adri
Earning My Ears

I'll also be on my WDW honeymoon in September (looks like we'll be there at the same time), but I'm quite glad that they have "Happily Ever After" buttons now. We got married last September and I'd feel awfully silly if our only choice for honeymoon-ish buttons said "Just Married," when our honeymoon will be fairly close to our first anniversary!
Old 03-13-2012, 06:59 AM   #15
Julie521
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adri View Post
I'll also be on my WDW honeymoon in September (looks like we'll be there at the same time), but I'm quite glad that they have "Happily Ever After" buttons now. We got married last September and I'd feel awfully silly if our only choice for honeymoon-ish buttons said "Just Married," when our honeymoon will be fairly close to our first anniversary!
Where are you staying? ope you have an amazing time! We are actually getting married in June, and going to Disney in Sept. so I kind of understand what you mean. Not quite a year, but won't be right after our wedding either.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: