Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 08:26 AM   #31
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

DH & I thankfully still have our parents around. I have had many dreams of my grandparents, the majority of them one of my grandmothers with whom I was very close. My mother & I have had dreams about her on the same nights even. Or sometimes we will both have something "odd " happen on the same day - like seeing a random flower bloom where it shouldn't be. My dad thinks we're nuts!

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
mom2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:35 AM   #32
chiefmickeymouse
DIS Veteran

I am fortunate enough to still have both of my parents with me, but I dream often about my maternal grandmother. It isn't in a specific house, and nothing really happens except for a feeling of her presence and knowing that she loves me. I hate to wake up from that dream.
chiefmickeymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 07:56 PM   #33
luvflorida
Free entertainment is everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckalew11 View Post
...I commented on his looks and he said, "That's just it--they let you go back to when you think you looked your best."
I love this! I had a dream about my mom not long after she died, and in my dream I was thinking that same thing. My mom died in 2008, at the age of 76, but in my dream it was the '60s and my mom was in her 30s. She was dressed in a green 60s style dress with boots (kind of like go-go boots, but taller ) and her hair was permed and teased. She was completely healthy and beautiful.

I remember in my dream that I wanted to help her walk down some stairs, but she didn't need any help. Before she died, she had had two knee replacements and there were times that she did need some help with stairs. I remember thinking to myself in my dream, "Wow, Mom must have gone back to a time when she was very happy and loved the way she looked!"

I've only had a few dreams with my mother in them, and that makes me sad. I wish she would visit me in my dreams more often. I miss her so much. Same with my dad. He passed away in 2004, and I've only dreamed of him a handful of times. My favorite dream was awhile ago, when they both were in the same dream. Whenever I do dream of either of them, they seem so real.

to everyone missing loved ones. This thread has choked me up more than once. Very emotional thread.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: