Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 12:26 PM   #1
Reneas06GTYUP
Earning My Ears

How much do you budget a day for food?

On a typical vacation I budget $100 a day for the two of us (adults) and usually have money left over but since it is Disney I bumped it to $130. We won't be sharing any meals, we won't be bringing any snacks/water bottles into the park and we won't be eating off properties.

Crossing my fingers that I have accurately budgeted as we don't do credit cards on vacations, so if I go over it means when we get home it will be peanut butter and jelly dinners for a week or two.

But, it will be worth it.
Reneas06GTYUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:33 PM   #2
longtimedisneylurker
DIS Veteran

These dining links with prices and menus might help with your budgeting:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/Disneyland/dining.htm

http://allears.net/dlr/din/menu/menus.htm
longtimedisneylurker is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 12:37 PM   #3
Escape2Disney
Friendly Neighborhood Disney Fanatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reneas06GTYUP View Post
On a typical vacation I budget $100 a day for the two of us (adults) and usually have money left over but since it is Disney I bumped it to $130. We won't be sharing any meals, we won't be bringing any snacks/water bottles into the park and we won't be eating off properties.

Crossing my fingers that I have accurately budgeted as we don't do credit cards on vacations, so if I go over it means when we get home it will be peanut butter and jelly dinners for a week or two.

But, it will be worth it.
It's hard to say since there are so many options. Do you eat at counter service locations, or table service? Are you steak eaters, or do you prefer eating appetizers as meals?

Here's how I come up with our food budget:

I go to http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/dining.htm or go to http://www.allears.net to look at the menus. Then I can budget based on what we'd typically eat when going to a restaurant.

By doing this, we always end up coming home with leftover cash.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:50 PM   #4
Reneas06GTYUP
Earning My Ears

Hmmm, more counter service than sit down. Simple vs fancy, one meat and potato eater and one that will eat whatever but prefers...lots of food. He is why we have to do BB as the gumbo he wants isn't available at cafe orleans.

We do have "reservations" at BB but that is a separate line on the budget. We are also doing a character breakfast but have prepaid that one.

Heading over to the links now.

Thanks!
Old 10-02-2012, 12:52 PM   #5
Kittyskyfish
Wee little ears...

We don't budget for meals but it seems we end up around $40-50 per person, per day if we have snacks, drinks, and counter service that day. It goes to $75-90 per person/day if we opt for table service once that day.

We're medium/light eaters and aren't in constant graze mode all day long and we do some plate sharing at counter service places like the Plaza Inn.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:57 PM   #6
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

$50 per day per person is my golden rule, and usually works out to be just under that, which makes me feel good! We typically do 2 sit downs and 1 counter service a day... but 1 of the sit down is usually less expensive of a place (think Carnation cafe for lunch)... I have to add, with 2 adults and 1 kiddo... whatever the kiddo doesn't use in the $50 per day for her budget, gets consumed by hubby and I... since her meals are pretty inexpensive.

Walt's Park:Two trips as a kid, stayed off-site. Oct '07, 4 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. May '08, 5 days "girls only trip" @ GCH dm, dd & I. May '09, 6 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. October '10, 5 day trip, dd and I @ PPH. And 6 days at PPH--December 5-10, 2012 for all 3 of us!

OMG--dare I say it? We are going to attempt to go to the World!! Split Stay! CSR May 6-10 and AKL Savannah View May 10-13, 2014 (with a dash of the Darkside thrown in for good measure the 13th & 14th.)
Mommy2PrincessAbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:30 PM   #7
Reneas06GTYUP
Earning My Ears

Thanks to everyone who gave input or shared how much they budget!

I went and looked at the menus and I feel like I am on track.

We aren't grazers, once I eat I am not even looking for food again for at least 6-8 hours. Though with all the walking it will probably be closer to 5.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: