DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 11:29 AM   #1
myjourney
DIS Veteran

Question about number in room

I am looking at a 2 bedroom AKL it says sleeps 8 or 9 people. We will have 6 adults, 3 children and 1 toddler. Does anyone know if this would be allowed? Does the toddler count in this?

Oct 2014 Fort Wilderness 14 nights
Oct 2013 Fort Wilderness 9 nights
May 2013 4 nights AKL, 5 nights at POR (love Yeeha Bob!)
May 2012 5 nights AKL, 3 nights BCV, and 4 nights SSR TH
March 2011 SSR and POR
October 2010 CSR
May 2010 Kidani Village and Saratoga Spring Resort
Oct 2009 Saratoga Springs Resort
May 2009 Saratoga Springs Resort
Nov 2008 Saratoga Springs Resort
June 2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge
Old 10-02-2012, 11:30 AM   #2
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by myjourney View Post
I am looking at a 2 bedroom AKL it says sleeps 8 or 9 people. We will have 6 adults, 3 children and 1 toddler. Does anyone know if this would be allowed? Does the toddler count in this?
If the toddler is under 3, you would be good except for a value room which would be 8 people.
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 06:12 PM   #3
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
It's going to seem pretty crowded, though. We had eleven in an OKW Grand Villa and it was a bit overwhelming at times. The two of us and 9 17/18 yr old kids.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:06 AM   #4
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
As DebbieB posted, a room in the value category would not work for your party.

The other 2 bedroom booking categories (standard and savanna) will have sleeping space for 9 people - 2 in the master (king bed), 4 people in the second bedroom (2 queen beds), 2 people in the queen sleep sofa in the living room and 1 person in the twin sleep chair in the living room. The toddler gets a portable crib, similar to a Pac 'n Play. There will be 3 bathrooms.

You should book a dedicated 2 bedroom. The lock-off two bedrooms will have a queen bed and a double sleep sofa in the second bedroom.

I believe the villas in the Kidani building are a bit larger than those in Jambo House.

You'll need to decide for yourself if there is enough space and privacy for your party. Personally, I do not feel comfortable if there are people sleeping in the living room/kitchen area.

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
Old 10-03-2012, 07:17 AM   #5
Deb & Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolMN View Post
As DebbieB posted, a room in the value category would not work for your party.

The other 2 bedroom booking categories (standard and savanna) will have sleeping space for 9 people - 2 in the master (king bed), 4 people in the second bedroom (2 queen beds), 2 people in the queen sleep sofa in the living room and 1 person in the twin sleep chair in the living room. The toddler gets a portable crib, similar to a Pac 'n Play. There will be 3 bathrooms.

You should book a dedicated 2 bedroom. The lock-off two bedrooms will have a queen bed and a double sleep sofa in the second bedroom.

I believe the villas in the Kidani building are a bit larger than those in Jambo House.

You'll need to decide for yourself if there is enough space and privacy for your party. Personally, I do not feel comfortable if there are people sleeping in the living room/kitchen area.
You'll only get two queen beds in the second bedroom and three bathrooms in Kidani Village, not Jambo House. All the two bedroom villas in JH are lockoffs - meaning a studio and one bedroom with the door open between them (no dedicated). The second bedroom will have one queen bed and one double sleeper sofa.

Old 10-03-2012, 07:34 AM   #6
dzorn
DIS Addict

Kidani would have 3 bathrooms Jambo only 2.

Denise in MI
Off Site, SSR 2014 (with the Marching Band), ASMu,AKV, BLT Aug/Sept 2012, AKV April 2012, BCV/AKV November 2011, BB April 2011, CBR,BCV,BWV Aug/Sept 2010, ASMu,VWL Nov 2009, CSR September 2009, AKV August 2009, CSR April 09 ,AKV/VWL/OKW Feb 09, TL April 08, DCL January 08, POR August 2007, POR May 2006, ASMo May 2005

Old 10-03-2012, 08:00 AM   #7
Lynne M

DISboards Moderator

The thing to remember with numbers of guests in a room is that there's what's allowed, and then there's what's comfortable.

When you see a maximum number of guests listed for a room, that means it's the maximum number of people you can pack into the room without violating the fire code, or other occupancy limit. It doesn't mean that number of guests will be comfortable.

As others have said, if your toddler is under three, you can reserve the villa. Just take a look at the sleeping arrangements , and see how it works out for your group, keeping in mind that the resort won't provide any rollaways or additional bedding if anyone doesn't want to share a bed. You will have a pack n play, with bedding for that, provided in the room.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:22 AM   #8
myjourney
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the replies. We are driving and I have both a twin and queen air bed that we always take, so beds are not a problem. As for being together these are my children and grandchildren and have vacationed many times together.

Does anyone know if this number would be allowed in a 2 bedroom at SSR or BWV? Oh and the toddler is under 2 and one of the other children is 3 1/2

Oct 2014 Fort Wilderness 14 nights
Oct 2013 Fort Wilderness 9 nights
May 2013 4 nights AKL, 5 nights at POR (love Yeeha Bob!)
May 2012 5 nights AKL, 3 nights BCV, and 4 nights SSR TH
March 2011 SSR and POR
October 2010 CSR
May 2010 Kidani Village and Saratoga Spring Resort
Oct 2009 Saratoga Springs Resort
May 2009 Saratoga Springs Resort
Nov 2008 Saratoga Springs Resort
June 2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Last edited by myjourney; 10-03-2012 at 08:32 AM.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:31 AM   #9
dzorn
DIS Addict

Quote:
Thanks for all the replies. We are driving and I have both a twin and queen air bed that we always take, so beds are not a problem. As for being together these are my children and grandchildren and have vacationed many times together.

Does anyone know if this number would be allowed in a 2 bedroom at SSR or BWV?
No it would only be allowed in the ones that have sleeping for 9 +1 under 3 that would be OKW. AKV and BLT. Don't forget you would also need bedding at pillows for your air beds.

Denise in MI
Off Site, SSR 2014 (with the Marching Band), ASMu,AKV, BLT Aug/Sept 2012, AKV April 2012, BCV/AKV November 2011, BB April 2011, CBR,BCV,BWV Aug/Sept 2010, ASMu,VWL Nov 2009, CSR September 2009, AKV August 2009, CSR April 09 ,AKV/VWL/OKW Feb 09, TL April 08, DCL January 08, POR August 2007, POR May 2006, ASMo May 2005

Old 10-03-2012, 12:07 PM   #10
Deb & Bill

Quote:

Does anyone know if this number would be allowed in a 2 bedroom at SSR or BWV? Oh and the toddler is under 2 and one of the other children is 3 1/2
SSR and BWV only sleep eight plus one under the age of three. So you have one too many.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:19 PM   #11
Chuck S
DVC Boards Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Normally I'd merge this thread into the Occupancy Thread, but the boards are a little slow for me today and the merge function doesn't work well when the boards are slow, so I'm going to close this and refer everyone to the Occupancy Thread.

Link to Occupancy Thread

Thanks,

Chuck

DVC Member at OKW since 1992
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: