Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 09:03 PM   #16
Fire14
Spartan Living in land of Buckeyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoiseyMom View Post
Thanks for the advice! I don't have to worry about the bus, since DS works on base also! He also lives in Beavercreek so he will be good with the restaurants. Thanks for the basketball offer, but the kids are not really into that sport. Living in NJ, I am surrounded by outlets..but it may keep the kids busy depending on what is going on. What is the sales tax in Ohio these days? NJ has no tax on clothing...
Our state tax is 6.5% plus some counties/cities have extra tax. I usually get 7.25%. Last I checked we have taxes on everything but food ( excluding drinks at fast food places)
Old 10-07-2012, 09:17 AM   #17
esk
DIS Veteran

We just went to the AF Museum last month. Yes, definitely use DS's ID to drive to the Hangar. It could have been all day for DS11, but at 4 hours I wanted to poke my eyes out, and I'M IN THE AIR FORCE.....

King's Island is great (or used to be, when I lived in Dayton 18 years ago). Had great roller coasters if I remember correctly.

If weather is nice, the Yellow Springs Gorge is a nice walk.
esk is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 09:23 AM   #18
powellrj
I am wide awake and on the dis boards
My db and I usually fight over the turkey bones
It was so bad, it was funny
Note to self, never make anyone suffer with thirst

There is a thread going about Jungle Jims which isn't far and I don't know what your beliefs are, but the Creation Museum is also close.

powellrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:10 PM   #19
JoiseyMom
Have you had your SPANX today???
I mean, peep poop should be shiny and colored!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by esk View Post
We just went to the AF Museum last month. Yes, definitely use DS's ID to drive to the Hangar. It could have been all day for DS11, but at 4 hours I wanted to poke my eyes out, and I'M IN THE AIR FORCE.....

King's Island is great (or used to be, when I lived in Dayton 18 years ago). Had great roller coasters if I remember correctly.

If weather is nice, the Yellow Springs Gorge is a nice walk.
LOL, yes, DS11 is not going to want to leave. We went to the tiny museum they had at Edwards four years ago, and DS loved that. THanks for all the good feedback guys .
2005 August - Surprise Trip for kids!! CSR; 2006 August - Surprise Trip for kids at CSR again!! 2007 August - 3 nite Wonder & AKL FD 3peat!!
2007 December 8 - 7nite Eastern on the Magic! 2008 August 17 DCL Magic EB Panama Canal; March 2011 WDW trip with friends. 2012 Aug 25 DCL Bahamas Magic from NYC;2012 Sept 12 DCL Canadian Magic;2013 Aug AKL Kidani;2013 Aug DCL Fantasy

I am Poohtiful and Poohlicious!!!! Have you had your Spanx today???
JoiseyMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: