Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2012, 03:44 PM   #1
wcw57
DIS Veteran

YeeHaa Bob cover charge and length of set

looked on Bob's site for schedule. he starts at 8:31 and , according to site, ends at 8:31...

in the event that he does not perform for twelve hours (or maybe 24) how long IS a set? and how much is cover charge?

THANX!!
Old 08-07-2012, 03:56 PM   #2
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcw57 View Post
looked on Bob's site for schedule. he starts at 8:31 and , according to site, ends at 8:31...

in the event that he does not perform for twelve hours (or maybe 24) how long IS a set? and how much is cover charge?
The "evening" starts at 8:30PM and ends about Midnight. (Wed. thru Sat.)
The musician's union specifies 15 minutes break for every hour of performance.

Don't know of any cover charge.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2012, 03:58 PM   #3
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcw57

THANX!!
He starts around 8 pm and finishes around 11:30 pm, but hangs around to take pics. There is no cover charge, but he does accept tips. He does acknowledge any occasion you are celebrating and there is audience participation. Bob is the best. I have his christmas show memorized.

Do it!

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:40 AM   #4
wcw57
DIS Veteran

soooooo, each set runs about 1 hour long but do they repeat themselves or is this one long continuous show (which would make it quite a long show)

do most people hang around for the whole evening or does the audience flush itself out?

THANX!!
Old 08-08-2012, 09:47 AM   #5
pixiechick
will work for disney dollars
I was just thinking about smelling the cat's behind

3 separate sets of different material. Some people will stay the entire night (like us!) Others will come and go.
If you want a seat, get there early. The place will fill up quickly at a busy time of year.

It is a really fun night.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:17 AM   #6
Missytara
I'm all ears!

I arrive the Saturday after Thanksgiving every year and catch his Christmas show which starts a few days before. So by then, he is totally warmed up.

If you want to get an idea of his never ending energy, there are videos on youtube; but I would just suggest holding out for the surprise. He is the real deal.

You have the most fun when you participate when prompted and thoroughly support those he calls up to the stage to add to his show. It is quite a work-out.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:28 AM   #7
hooch11bear
Mouseketeer

We will be leaving Sunday for 2 weeks in WDW and we are staying at POR. We absolutely love watching Yeehaw Bob. He puts on a great show. My DD has already asked to see him every night he's performing, lol!! You will have a great time. I agree with the other suggestions, arrive early for a seat. I have noticed that usually after the first 2 sets it clears out because of the late hour, but it is very busy earlier.
hooch11bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:46 PM   #8
DM4Life3
Donald Duck's Anger Management Coach (We're Working On It!)

Bob demonstrates an amazing memory. If you interact with him, chances are he will remember you during your next visit.
DM4Life3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:52 PM   #9
lovemy3girls
DIS Veteran

Bob is awesome! No cover charge! We could stay the whole night and not get bored. He sang happy birthday to my daughter and had her come sit at the piano with him. He remembers everyone that he interacts with and puts in an amazing show! Check him out on YouTube!
Old 08-08-2012, 02:06 PM   #10
Thumper4me
Planning my next trip

Bob is a MUST DO for me and my husband. The first night we arrive at WDW, we spend it at Bob's show. It is now our routine. Bob puts on a great show. He is a very talented piano player. Give him a listen....you won't be sorry.

Kelly
Thumper4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:13 PM   #11
amyy
I do pat them out on a floured surface
I always think I may find paper /stickers etc

Another fan here. Such a fun time and we stay until we get tired.
amyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:15 PM   #12
wcw57
DIS Veteran

we will have to take a taxi (for time considerations) from Kidani to Bob....

anybody know how much time to allow for taxi or should I put my trust in the Desk Clerk's advice?

i'm thinking we won't get there arrival night (wed) and, after trekking around the parks all day, wonder how much enthusiasm will remain for ol' Bob..........................
Old 08-08-2012, 03:22 PM   #13
DisneyFamily123
Use the Force, Luke!

I cannot wait to see yee has Bob. I think we will be at the resort several evenings!
Our Disney Vacations: 2008-2014, 6 trips: Halloween, Christmas, Star Wars Weekend. Favorite resorts - All Stars, Pop Century, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian. Best Tip - Don't try to do it all... Go slower, relax, take a break, have an excuse to come back. Don't miss - Dapper Dans (MK), Flights of Wonder (AK), Fantasmic (HS), Mo-Rockin' (Epcot).
DisneyFamily123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:17 AM   #14
pampam
DIS Veteran

We usually go see him after leaving one of the parks, just hop on the bus to POR. Usually we eat supper at the park and go from there. Once we ate at POR before the show, and that worked out well too. No taxi. Now, getting back to your resort, you would likly have to take a bus or boat to DTD and transfer to your resort, or get a taxi back to your resort. The boat ride is quite nice at nighttime, unless it's chilly out.
pampam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:22 AM   #15
DisneyLindsay
Mouseketeer

Looking forward to seeing Bob for our first time at the End of September. We will be celebrating our 10th anniversary and are hoping to finish off the night with his performance. Sounds like he puts on a great show!

DH ME
DS DD DD DS
DisneyLindsay is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: