Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 08:51 AM   #1
OceanAnnie
I guess I have a thing against maroon food
If they are well behaved I'm okay

Things you have to do, but wished you didn't

I have a cracked molar that needs repair. Luckily it doesn't hurt, but it feels weird. A whole side is cracked and gone. I'm getting it fixed today. I'm sure I'm getting a crown. The thought of that, gives me the shivers. I do not want to spend my morning sitting in a dentist chair getting one of those. But I must. Darn.

I do have one crown. When I got that one I spent forever in the dumb chair and when it was done, the dentist (different one) said, "Oh, I'm sorry. This one has a problem in the back. I have to redo it.". I excused myself to go to the restroom and I whispered some thoughts a few times and went back for another round of bad medicine. Hopefully this new dentist will be okay. He has been so far.

Can you tell I have a dental phobia?

AND, I'm getting in the que for an MRI. I have had one. Oh that was not fun. Not the worst thing in the world. But not wonderful either. Still, I must.

What about you, do you have something looming that you don't want to do??

"We do not see things as they are, we see them as we are." -- Anais Nin

"Some lived careful lives and some lived careless lives, and everything that happened could be explained by the differences between them." -- Anne Tyler

"When you are a hammer, everything is a nail." --- Unknown

OceanAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:57 AM   #2
kimblebee
now my thoughts will be worth 5 cents

I have MS and every Friday night I inject myself with meds. It doesn't hurt, and it seems to be keeping me well, but doing it just reminds me that I have a disease that is eating away at my brain. It's dramatic I know, but that's what it boils down to.

Pity party for one? Your table is ready LOL
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 08:58 AM   #3
momof1princess
i feel like i'm going to explode if i don't get it out right that second!

DH has an appointment with a rheumatologist on november 30th, and i'm dreading what he might tell us. DH is in a lot of pain, so i know it has to be done, and i want him to get better, if possible, i'm just terrified of what the dr. is going to say.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:00 AM   #4
OceanAnnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimblebee View Post
I have MS and every Friday night I inject myself with meds. It doesn't hurt, and it seems to be keeping me well, but doing it just reminds me that I have a disease that is eating away at my brain. It's dramatic I know, but that's what it boils down to.

Pity party for one? Your table is ready LOL
Make that two. But I feel bad being at the table. I'm glad the medicine is working for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof1princess View Post
DH has an appointment with a rheumatologist on november 30th, and i'm dreading what he might tell us. DH is in a lot of pain, so i know it has to be done, and i want him to get better, if possible, i'm just terrified of what the dr. is going to say.
I hope the doctor has the best case scenario to tell your DH. I'm sorry he is in pain.

"Some lived careful lives and some lived careless lives, and everything that happened could be explained by the differences between them." -- Anne Tyler

Old 10-03-2012, 09:04 AM   #5
ditsypixie
DIS Veteran

I have to visit the Gyno Oncologist every 4-5 months for that wonderful (NOT) test that all woman have to get. I had cervical cancer 4 years so I am still getting re-checked. Not fun but at least I am here

I have to get MRI about once a year as well and the last time, I pictured myself walking around MK and Epcot, in great detail. I tried to imagine everything I would pass and see and smell and it really helped the time go by as I lay in the tube.

Good luck at the dentist!
Old 10-03-2012, 09:13 AM   #6
OceanAnnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditsypixie View Post
I have to visit the Gyno Oncologist every 4-5 months for that wonderful (NOT) test that all woman have to get. I had cervical cancer 4 years so I am still getting re-checked. Not fun but at least I am here

I have to get MRI about once a year as well and the last time, I pictured myself walking around MK and Epcot, in great detail. I tried to imagine everything I would pass and see and smell and it really helped the time go by as I lay in the tube.

Good luck at the dentist!
I'm sure you are glad you are at the 4 year mark for being cancer free. Glad that is behind you. Hope it stays there.

I had to find a happy place real quick when I was in that MRI. They didn't tell me how long it would be or give me any updates on how long I had been in or how much longer it would be. I was holding that dumb squeeze for emergency ball and the only thing that kept me from squeezing it was I was afraid I'd have to start all over.

I felt like an old, I Love Lucy, show where she put in a sauna thing that wrapped around her neck and the workers left her there and didn't come back. I was saying, "Hello" a lot. No answer. Finally someone did answer me. I asked how long I had been in there and they said, "10 min.". I asked how much longer, and they said it was 20 min. total. I asked them to give me a count down now and then on the time. I cried in that dumb tube. Suspended looking down, naked, in a white nothingness watching tears and snot drip in their tube. Couldn't move. Then finally I pulled it together and started reliving vacations and happy times in my life. You are right about helping the time go by. That got me through. I had to dig deep and refocus. I did apologize for the mess in the tube when it was over.

Thanks for the good wishes. I'm headed for the dentist soon.

Old 10-03-2012, 09:16 AM   #7
momof1princess
i feel like i'm going to explode if i don't get it out right that second!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanAnnie View Post
I'm sure you are glad you are at the 4 year mark for being cancer free. Glad that is behind you. Hope it stays there.

I had to find a happy place real quick when I was in that MRI. They didn't tell me how long it would be or give me any updates on how long I had been in or how much longer it would be. I was holding that dumb squeeze for emergency ball and the only thing that kept me from squeezing it was I was afraid I'd have to start all over.

I felt like an old, I Love Lucy, show where she put in a sauna thing that wrapped around her neck and the workers left her there and didn't come back. I was saying, "Hello" a lot. No answer. Finally someone did answer me. I asked how long I had been in there and they said, "10 min.". I asked give me a count down now and then on the time. I cried in that dumb tube. Suspended, naked, in a white nothingness watching tears and snot drip in their tube. Couldn't move. Then finally I pulled it together and started reliving vacations and happy times in my life. You are right about helping the time go by. That got me through. I had to dig deep and refocus. I did apologize for the mess in the tube when it was over.

what an awful experience! good luck at the dentist! and thank you! :
Old 10-03-2012, 09:16 AM   #8
lovemygoofy
Man I shot myself in the foot
I got new moves and everything ready for some serious tips
No, in case you ever wondered, golf carts can't float
Loved by many!

I have a list longer than my arm of things I have to do but don't want to do.

1. I have to get an invasive ultrasound for my PCOS. It doesn't hurt but it is not comfortable especially all the water you have to drink while someone is pressing on you.

2. I have to start a new PCOS medicine and not looking forward to this as I understand the first couple months aren't that fun with when taking.

3. I have to send my husband away again AND tell his mother about it, as she is in bad health and we don't want to make it worse.

4. I also have to get a MRI on my ankle. I had reconstructive ankle surgery 6 months ago and now get a MRI done every 3 months for the next two years to make sure blood flow is continuing to the ankle after all the repairs.

5. This morning I'm going to have several tubes of blood drawn and I don't want to put it off and dread it all weekend.

6. I have this weird birthday party/open house to attend this weekend. So not looking forward to this and cannot figure out what to bring.

I have been feeling sorry for myself all morning. I need to get some cheese with this whine.

Love doesn't make the world go around, it makes the ride worthwhile...
lovemygoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:30 AM   #9
leebee
DIS Veteran

I need to make 16 skirt overlays for tutus for my daughter's ballet company. It's not hard- really just cutting out the circles- but the fabric is wide but not wide enough, so cutting them out is going to be a series of fold, refold, reposition, etc. After they are cut out, they need to be trimmed with sequins and tacked to the tutus. I can do the handwork at home while watching TV at night. It's a tedious task. Certainly nothing in comparison to the medical/dental challenges some are facing, but it's a nagging little annoyance that is on a timeline, and I just don't wanna do it!!! I don't know why I volunteer... gotta learn to say NO sometimes!!
Old 10-03-2012, 09:33 AM   #10
dislal
DIS Veteran

Through circumstances beyond my control, my whole familywill be moving from this home (that we've lived in and loved for 18 years) to another place that we are gutting and remodeling, but I've been really depressed about it!
Old 10-03-2012, 09:35 AM   #11
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate

Need to paint some walls, clean carpets, power wash exterior of house, replace toilet seats, etc. You know, all the things that add up to house upkeep? Ugh.

Best wishes to all of you with medical woes.

Last edited by HM; 10-03-2012 at 10:25 AM.
HM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:36 AM   #12
Amy
MamaGrumpy

Can I join the pity party?

Moved my dad into an assisted living facility back in June, so now DH and I are getting his house ready to sell. He lived there for 60 years, didn't do ANY maintenance the last 20-25 years. I only have one sibling, a brother who lives 300 miles away, so all of this is falling on me. (NOTE: my DH is an angel - he is doing WAY more than he should for a man he's never liked. I am really blessed to be married to him!)

EVERY weekend since June, we've been working at my dad's house (which is a 1/2 hour drive each way from our house). I can understand the normal stuff to get a house ready to sell - clean out 60 years of junk, paint, new curtains, etc. But we've been stuck with major repairs that my dad should have done. Like new windows - he had duct tape on his windows because he felt a draft and for some reason never thought that replacing 30-year-old windows was the right thing to do. Re-pointing all the brick. Replacing the kitchen floor. Scraping and repainting the cast iron railings on the porch. And now we're dealing with water-proofing the basement, which means getting a company to come in and drill all along the foundation walls (on the inside) and install a drainage system and sump pump, including removing and replacing the stairs from the main level to the basement because they go along an outside wall. When it rains, you can see small rivers of water in the garage and hear it gurgle going down the garage drain, but he never thought to get it fixed. Can't sell a house with water and mold issues in the basement! And the hot water tank sprouted a leak this past weekend, plus the drain in the powder room sink.........

Saddest part is that he had the money in the bank to pay for all these repairs that should have been done years ago. But because he didn't, we have to try to do as much of the work ourselves to preserve his money to pay for the assisted living place - he's ornery and relatively healthy enough to live for another 20 years.

In the meantime, I can barely keep up with normal weekly cleaning at OUR house, not to mention gardening or the small home improvements that need done.

June 1999 - Port Orleans (now POFQ) June 2001 - POFQ/HRH June 2003 - WL/HRH July 2004 - DL/Calif Adv June 2005 - WL/HRH Dec. 2005 - WL (DS band trip!) June 2007 - WL/HRH Nov./Dec. 2007 - Pop (band trip with both DS's!) Oct 2011 - Pop
Amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:44 AM   #13
StephMK
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry for everyone having to deal with issues.

Yesterday, I made an appt for a follow up mammo. It was an ordeal just making the appt and I almost hung up a few times. I was transferred several times then they tried to tell me I didn't need it. Finally found someone who read my file and saw the info.

My first mammo in April led to a 2nd then a biopsy (that was thankfully ok) but I'm really, really dreading this. The appt is Friday and the radiologist will be able to check it while I'm there.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:47 AM   #14
StephMK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanAnnie View Post

I felt like an old, I Love Lucy, show where she put in a sauna thing that wrapped around her neck and the workers left her there and didn't come back. I was saying, "Hello" a lot. No answer. Finally someone did answer me. I asked how long I had been in there and they said, "10 min.". I asked how much longer, and they said it was 20 min. total. I asked them to give me a count down now and then on the time. I cried in that dumb tube. Suspended looking down, naked, in a white nothingness watching tears and snot drip in their tube. Couldn't move. Then finally I pulled it together and started reliving vacations and happy times in my life. You are right about helping the time go by. That got me through. I had to dig deep and refocus. I did apologize for the mess in the tube when it was over.

I'm mildly claustrophobic & that would freak me out! You'd think they would have provisions for letting someone know or ways to keep you calm. Is there music?
Old 10-03-2012, 09:58 AM   #15
MIGrandma
A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she's in hot water~Eleanor Roosevelt
I have a toilet problem
33 people looked, and not one followed the rule!

I have to have my Coumadin level checked almost weekly (since February). I wish I didn't have to, but I do. Will probably be on Coumadin for the rest of my life, as I've had two blood clots (leg and arm). I talked to them a bit last time about not coming in weekly over the winter, and they mentioned home testing so I have started looking into that. It would be so much easier!

I need to go to the dentist but just keep putting it off. I would rather go through natural childbirth again vs. sitting in the dentist's chair.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: