Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 05:28 AM   #1
richsm5
Earning My Ears

CRT at a "bad" time or Akershus at a "good" time?

My family, with my 2.5 and 4.5 yr old daughters are going to WDW for our first trip in early December. I actually made reservations at both places since I wasn't sure which would be better, so here's the times- CRT on a Wednesday morning at 9:55 or Akershus on a Monday afternoon at 12:25

Wednesday will be our second and final day at magic kingdom but I'm considering canceling CRT because I'm afraid it's going to cut out that early morning window to get to the rides before the lines get crazy. I had originally had us scheduled to eat at Mexico on our Epcot day but thought I better have a backup plan with Akershus but I've been reading some bad reviews that the food is terrible and the princesses are rushed

We're staying off property so both meals will be out if pocket. I'm actually considering ditching all our reservations so we have more flexibility in the parks since I'm hoping to eat most meals at our condo. My girls are definitely into princesses but not die hard crazy, but I just don't want to skip out on something (ie, CRT) that may be completely amazing for them

Any advice is very much appreciated, thank you !
richsm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:23 AM   #2
Quin
DIS Veteran

Early December crowds should not be super crazy but still, if the MK opens at 9 I think a 9:55 breakfast would be a bit awkward. At your daughters' ages I do think a princess meal is indicated. Overall the Akershus reviews are still more positive than negative and especially if this is your only TS meal this trip I think it would be a very special experience for the girls - I'd cancel the CRT and keep the Akershus. Wall-to-wall princesses for a much lower price, and the timing works much better for park touring.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 12:27 PM   #3
TSM
Mouseketeer

We really enjoyed our meals and character interaction at akersus when we were there last week.I think that is a better time too.we got so mu h done thosr first few hours at magic kingdom!
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:49 PM   #4
sarmat1
Mouseketeer

Speaking solely from timing, the last place I'd want to be at 10:00 AM in the Magic Kingdom is going into a TS to start a meal. That's prime touring time.
sarmat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:08 PM   #5
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

We did both in August and the food at CRT was definitely better than Akershus. I also thought the character interaction was better as well. Keep checking for a better time, before park opening would be ideal.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
Future trips on hold due to DS8's leukemia diagnosis

Me (43) DH (40) DS (8) DD (8)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Gorechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:32 PM   #6
disneynewbee
DIS Veteran

We've done both and if I had to choose I would go with Akersus. We received a lot more attention from the princesses at this location. I see others posts saying the opposite so I guess it is when you go. We won't do CRT again.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:41 PM   #7
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

If timing really matters to you, I've noticed that Akershus takes A LONG TIME to seat ppl (for us, usually 20 to 30 w/a ADR--we've been there 3 or 4 times now). At CRT we were sat almost w/in 5 minutes of checking in. Just FYI.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: