Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 11:16 PM   #1
mousecrazy
Mouseketeer

Can I add a day to Free Dining Reservation after offer expired?

Sorry if this has been answered before; I did a search and came up empty. And my travel agent is out of town for the week. I need to figure this out so I can buy my air.

I have a free dining reservation at POR for mid-December. Can I move my arrival date up by one day and still get free dining? Or will this void my current reservation? We would still be checking in within the free dining window.

Thanks.
mousecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:53 AM   #2
myneverland
Mouseketeer

I have done it about 3 or 4 years ago, but it took a long wait on hold and some sort of supervisor approval or help to get it done. But they were very nice about it. It wasn't a bad phone call or anything. Definitely worth a phone call and a little hold time though....
myneverland is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 07:03 AM   #3
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

If moving your dates keeps you within the free dining dates and there is availability at your resort for the new dates, you should have no trouble changing. But as the pp said about their experience, you will have to talk to someone in guest services to check availability and make the change (if available) as CRO doesn't usually have access to expired promos. Good luck .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:24 AM   #4
digiMom
DIS Veteran

Just posted this on a similar thread:

In January, I was able to call and add a few nights at the end of my trip with FD after the promotion had technically ended.

I think it would depend on if your new check in date was originally included in the original promotion and had availability. The difficulty in your situation is that the FD promotion is based on check in date and availability. You won't know unless you call and check, assuming you booked through Disney directly.

If you can't, then trying to add a room only night is your next option. We also did this in January, as the FD promotion didn't start until the second night of our trip. It would be a separate reservation, but you can link them and possibly stay in the same room. (Which is how it worked out for us; you won't know for sure until the second morning.) You do have to check in for each stay, but I did so right at 7 a.m. so the process was pretty quick.

If you booked through Disney, I'd call them ASAP to see what they can do. If not, I'd call who you booked through so you can try to link the ressies if necessary. Good luck!

Me DH DD (17) DS (13)

Jan 2012 POP | Oct 2010 POP | Jan 2006 ASSp | Sept 1992 Off Site (Honeymoon) | Poly and CR in the 70s as a kid
"We keep moving forward, opening new doors... because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." ~ Walter Elias Disney
digiMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:04 AM   #5
mousecrazy
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the good information.
I heard back from my travel agent and she was able to add a night on the beginning of our stay. It's good to know there is some flexibility to change things after a special promotion, like free dining, ends.
mousecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:00 AM   #6
digiMom
DIS Veteran

Yeah! An extra day is always a good thing. Have fun!

Me DH DD (17) DS (13)

Jan 2012 POP | Oct 2010 POP | Jan 2006 ASSp | Sept 1992 Off Site (Honeymoon) | Poly and CR in the 70s as a kid
"We keep moving forward, opening new doors... because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." ~ Walter Elias Disney
digiMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:34 PM   #7
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Glad you were able to make it work!
I was going to say that I was able to add on days to my free dining literally just a week before we were due to arrive last year! I was going to do a room only and just link them and the agent said why don't you just add on to your free dining?? I was thrilled that I could do it so late!!
I was concerned though that in your case Disney wouldn't be able to help you since you made your reservation thru a travel agent and you said your agent wasn't available. Glad that they got back to you so quickly and that you were able to get what you needed! Enjoy your trip!
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: