Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 11:51 PM   #1
meamommy
Earning My Ears

Help me decide where to stay please?!

I have been looking for months now, but since our trip is hopefully less than a year away, I am starting to look at things more in depth now! We are planning to go next September/October. My husband and I, our three kids (then will be 10, 6, and 2) my parents and my sister. Originally I was looking at for just the 5 of us, either one of the new AoA suites, or staying at Port Orleans or another moderate resort. I like that the suite would have more room and two bathrooms, but for less money we could do a moderate (is there really that much difference in value vs. moderate?). Someone also mentioned that we could all 8 stay together in one of the deluxe villas, which I know are WAY higher, but splitting it would we come out better that way? Is there plenty of room in them for a week with that many people? I am so confused of what would be the best option. Thanks for any advice or suggestions!
meamommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:25 AM   #2
andrencau
Mouseketeer

All I can speak to is the villa. We are owners at BLT and have stayed several times. A 2BR villa sleeps 9. One BR has a king, one has 2 queens/doubles and there is a sleeper sofa and sleeper chair. We find it great for our family of 8 going to Disney (that includes and aunt and grandparent). I am sure it is more than a suite or two rooms at a moderate, but there are some bonuses. All have full kitchens so you could eat in for most meals and save a ton of money. Another bonus is that the villas are typically located close to the parks, so you are closer than with the moderates or values. Another bonus is if you are a night owl, you can put the kids to bed and still be able to stay up and watch tv or hang out with other adult family members since you will not all be staying in one large hotel room.
andrencau is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 09:40 AM   #3
RhettsMom
HAKUNA MATATA

I have stayed deluxe several times, and for my upcoming trip next month, I am renting points from a DVC owner and staying in a 2BR at Beach club Villa. This might end up being an even cheaper option for you than booking two or more rooms at a moderate.

I chose to rent directly through an owner that I found on the DIS. You can also rent from Davids Vacation Club Rentals (dvcrentals.com). I believe he charges $13 per point, but you you deal with him directly instead of with the actual owner.

If you do decide to book with a DVC member, you will want to make that happen soon. Owners can book at their home resort at the 11 month mark, so if you want a 2 bedroom at one of the more popular/smaller resorts (BLT, BCV, BWV etc.) you may want to consider doing it at that 11 month mark.

As far as price, a 2br villa at Beach club for 9/14-9/21 would be $3523 (at @$13 per point x 271 points). To compare, the cheapest room at POR FQ for the same dates is currently $1735. Since you would need two rooms there, you would be looking at $3470.
Almost no difference in cost, but much more room (as previously mentioned a full kitchen) plus living space. One thing to consider, if you do go with a villa, you will not qualify for free dining. You can however purchase the dining plan if you so choose.

Hope that helps without being too much info! Good luck!
Old 10-02-2012, 10:00 AM   #4
fitzperry
DIS Veteran

We also rented points for a 2 bdrm villa (OKW) once when grandparents came with us. It was ideal. We all had breakfast together in the villa most mornings. Also, my parents did not spend as much time in the parks as we did, so it was great for them to be able to hang out in a nice living room and patio rather than a hotel room. I highly recommend it, particularly if you're looking for more than just a place to lay your head at night.

fitzperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:08 AM   #5
MMS1125
"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."

When are you going? I think I'd book 2 moderate rooms that way you can take advantage of any discounts that Disney might put out. A 2BR would be nice but then you are looking at putting your kids and sister on a pull out and that's a lot of $$ to not have a bed. I think if you go during Free Dining with 5 in one room and 3 in another you'll save more $$ overall.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:15 AM   #6
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!
Should know the difference between the Tag Fairy and Tinkerbell!!! ;)

I would definitely go with a deluxe 2 BR villa! Better location, access to a full-sized kitchen and potentially less money. No question.

Have a great trip!
GF GV- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF LV- December 2011, AKL PV & GF GV- February 2007, BWI WV CL- February 2006, AKL SV- February 2005, Polynesian GV- February 2004, WL WV & Polynesian GV- November 2002, BC GV- February 2002, CR GV- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994
mariamouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:21 AM   #7
fitzperry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS1125 View Post
When are you going? I think I'd book 2 moderate rooms that way you can take advantage of any discounts that Disney might put out. A 2BR would be nice but then you are looking at putting your kids and sister on a pull out and that's a lot of $$ to not have a bed. I think if you go during Free Dining with 5 in one room and 3 in another you'll save more $$ overall.
Some of the villas have two queen beds in the second br (OKW definitely does and I think maybe BLT as well; not sure about others) so depending on the sleeping arrangements and the resort you choose, if the 2yo is still be in a crib, you might only need to put one person on a pullout.

fitzperry is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: