Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 08:26 PM   #1
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Online Check-In then paying for room in full?

Hi Dis!

This is confusing so I'll try my best to explain. My DBF and I are staying at POP for 4 nights. It's my treat (for once haha ) and I'd like to pay for the room in full.

My credit card closes on the 4th so I'd like to pay for the room after the 4th but before we arrive but do online check-in today.

Can I do online check-in then pay for the room on disney.com before we check in so we can use his card for room charges?

Would it be better to use his card for online check-in and then use mine to pay off the room in a few days before we arrive?

Sorry for the confusion..has anyone ever done this before??

Thanks!
Old 10-02-2012, 08:44 PM   #2
merina888
Mouseketeer

I think we need more info to answer your question. If you are booking a vacation package, you must be paid in full 45 days before check-in. If you have a room only reservation, I think you can pay when you arrive. Either way, you can put a different card on the room for charging privileges than the one you pay your room with.
merina888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:31 PM   #3
mb187143
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
Hi Dis!

This is confusing so I'll try my best to explain. My DBF and I are staying at POP for 4 nights. It's my treat (for once haha ) and I'd like to pay for the room in full.

My credit card closes on the 4th so I'd like to pay for the room after the 4th but before we arrive but do online check-in today.

Can I do online check-in then pay for the room on disney.com before we check in so we can use his card for room charges?

Would it be better to use his card for online check-in and then use mine to pay off the room in a few days before we arrive?

Sorry for the confusion..has anyone ever done this before??

Thanks!

Do this frequently - do online check in, add whatever card you want to the room to cover the incidental charges, or skip if you don't want to add a card for incidentals.

Next, call Disney between the 5th and whenever you check in, and tell the CM you'd like to pay the balance of your reservation. They'll confirm the balance, take your cc info, and send you a confirmation email. (you cannot pay a room-only reservation off online like you can for a package).

When you check in, you can add a card if you didn't during online check in, or not. Up to you.

Easy Peasy.

mb187143 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: