Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 12:56 PM   #1
ARC
Mouseketeer

More questions...Sorry!

The planning has began! We have not taken a cruise since 2001 so I have tons of questions & I am sure way more to come! So, THANKS SO MUCH in advance for all your help!!
1. What is the easiest way to book a cruise when having two families that for sure want same dining seating and to have close rooms?
2. Is there a huge difference between the Magic & Dream besides the dream being new and the fantasy slide?
3. Will the theater shows be different on each ship and will they change from now until next year?
4. I am lost on the formal nights? Some places I read there is none and other say for sure! What is the dress code and are there formal nights on the 4 & 5 nights?
5. What are some of the must activities usually included on the 4 or 5 night on the ship, off the ship, and in the kids clubs for 7 & 8 year old girls? I would love to know the fun activities for adults that are a must too!
6. What about the kids clubs? I read that the kids move locations after you drop them off. That worried me a little can you help me out with how that works? Also, we will have a 7 & 8 year girls on the ship and want to make sure that they can always be together! Can this be arranged on all the ships for the clubs?
This is A LOT I know!! Any help would be great!!

Next Trip!! Disneyland(April)
Then..... September 2014 Disney's Wonder

DH ME DD9 DC

ARC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:17 PM   #2
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARC View Post
The planning has began! We have not taken a cruise since 2001 so I have tons of questions & I am sure way more to come! So, THANKS SO MUCH in advance for all your help!!
1. What is the easiest way to book a cruise when having two families that for sure want same dining seating and to have close rooms? Use the same travel agent and have him/her link the reservations.

2. Is there a huge difference between the Magic & Dream besides the dream being new and the fantasy slide? The Magic and Wonder are classic ships, and the Dream and Fantasy are the newbies, high tech equipment, and much larger with lots more passengers.

3. Will the theater shows be different on each ship Some of them are different. Haven't heard of any upcoming changesand will they change from now until next year?

4. I am lost on the formal nights? Some places I read there is none and other say for sure! What is the dress code This is a very hot topic -- keep reading the boards and you'll run across the raging debate every twice in awhile. and are there formal nights on the 4 & 5 nights?Week-long cruises have a "formal" night and a semi-formal night, while the shorter cruises have an optional dress up night.

jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 02:15 PM   #3
kimb96
Mouseketeer

REgarding the kids clubs. The navigator will have the activities listed. Sometimes they take the kids up to the sports deck for an activity. So you will know where they are and how long they will be there. You cannot pick up your child during that time, you have to wait until they bring the kids back to the club. Something to make note of if you need to pick the kids up. That being said, they don't have to that activity. They can stay in the club and play. Ds did not do any activities outside the lab. The 7 and 8 year old can be together. They will be in the same club.

My ds is 8 and he LOVED the lab. His favorite activities were a cooking activity they did and pirates of the caribean tides of fortune game (I think that one was a video game) There are things going on that aren't listed in the navigator. I went to pick ds up once and ds was dancing in an octopus costume. The CMs had organized an impromtu dance part. Ds loved the lab so much that we got some nice adult time in during the vacation.

They had at least one alcoholic beverage tasting a day. I noticed champagne, wine, cognac, whisky tastings and we did the mixology class. The mixology class was a lot of fun. We did a couples massage which was way expensive for what it was. It was nice but not $200 nice and the sales pitch at the end killed it for me.
kimb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:27 PM   #4
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARC View Post
1. What is the easiest way to book a cruise when having two families that for sure want same dining seating and to have close rooms? As PP noted, if the 2 families are pretty much on board (so to speak) with doing a cruise together, you can either use a TA who will coordinate things (but you give up control of the reservation to the TA) or you can book yourselves and link the reservations. If you book early enough, you can select specific rooms.

2. Is there a huge difference between the Magic & Dream besides the dream being new and the fantasy slide? Haven't been on the Dream yet, but it's bigger, has more adult lounge areas, different decor, and the interior rooms have the virtual porthole.

3. Will the theater shows be different on each ship and will they change from now until next year? Chances are they'll be the same shows. Once the theatre is set up for the production shows, they keep them for a long time. Yes, each ship has it's own shows.

4. I am lost on the formal nights? Some places I read there is none and other say for sure! What is the dress code and are there formal nights on the 4 & 5 nights? On the 4 night cruises there is a "dress up optional" night. On the 5 night cruises there is a semi-formal night. Generally, the dress code in the MDRs is cruise casual (no shorts, tank tops, or bathing suits).

5. What are some of the must activities usually included on the 4 or 5 night on the ship, off the ship, and in the kids clubs for 7 & 8 year old girls? I would love to know the fun activities for adults that are a must too! The activities can vary from cruise to cruise. A good place to see previous cruise activities would be the "Navigators" link on the "Staterooms" tab in the red area above.

6. What about the kids clubs? I read that the kids move locations after you drop them off. That worried me a little can you help me out with how that works? Also, we will have a 7 & 8 year girls on the ship and want to make sure that they can always be together! Can this be arranged on all the ships for the clubs? Oceanears Club/Lab (ages 3-12) is a large area. Within the area there are spaces that have activities designed for younger kids (3-7ish) and older kids (8-12). That said, any child in the Club/Lab can participate in whatever activities appeal to them, regardless of age.

My answers in red.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: