Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-01-2012, 08:59 PM   #1
Suellen
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Celebration, Florida
Posts: 5,233

YES Program

Do we have to buy park tickers to sign up for an individual enrollment? We are AP holders but I'm sure there are a few of these my kids would like....but I can't justify paying additional park entry.

thanks!
__________________
Suellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:03 PM   #2
Colleen27
DIS Veteran
 
Colleen27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 16,796

Right now yes, you have to buy a ticket for each attendee and chaperone. There have been rumors of changes coming with the ticketing policy for the 2013 classes, though, so what is true right now might not be the case next year. There's a long discussion thread about the program over on the Budget Board, that will probably be the first place any new information gets posted on the DIS.
__________________
~~**Colleen & Crew**~~
POR 10/05 ~ BC 08/07 ~ WL 01/08 ~ CBR 12/09 ~ POP 03/11 TR/ DR
POP 1/12 TR ~ ASSp 5/12 ~ CSR 3/13 ~ POP 4/13 ~ ASMu 12/13


Colleen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-01-2012, 09:07 PM   #3
Suellen
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Celebration, Florida
Posts: 5,233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleen27 View Post
Right now yes, you have to buy a ticket for each attendee and chaperone. There have been rumors of changes coming with the ticketing policy for the 2013 classes, though, so what is true right now might not be the case next year. There's a long discussion thread about the program over on the Budget Board, that will probably be the first place any new information gets posted on the DIS.
Thanks! Wicked bummer. It's bad enough I had to pay adult prices for their AP's - nom way can I pay for tickets we don't need. I kinda thought this was true b/c I had to buy a one day ticket for the Girl Scout event in May - accidentally used my AP that day anyway and ended up throwing out a one day ticket un-used.

Hoping for a change in 2013!
__________________
Suellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:18 PM   #4
lovemy3girls
DIS Veteran
 
lovemy3girls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Viera, FL
Posts: 579

We are also AP holders hoping for a change in that policy. I would gladly pay a fee for my children to attend one if the YES classes but we shouldn't have to buy tickets! It stinks that Disney is kind of making it so AP holders don't get to participate in these classes.
__________________
I am a stay at home mom of 5. Check out my blog about Disney and life with a large family!
http://thefloridafamily.com
lovemy3girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:24 AM   #5
chartle
DIS Veteran
 
chartle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pgh
Posts: 14,497

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suellen View Post
Thanks! Wicked bummer. It's bad enough I had to pay adult prices for their AP's - nom way can I pay for tickets we don't need. I kinda thought this was true b/c I had to buy a one day ticket for the Girl Scout event in May - accidentally used my AP that day anyway and ended up throwing out a one day ticket un-used.

Hoping for a change in 2013!
It wouldn't have mattered whether or not you used the ticket.

Yes tickets have an expiration date that would have been about a week later so you couldn't save it for future use anyway and also you can't upgrade them at all.
__________________
'77 FW Campsite, '99 FW Cabin, Feb '06 Off site Magical Music Days Band Trip, Aug '08 Offsite, Feb '10 Off site Magical Music Days Band Trip, May '11 Offsite, Dec '13 Offsite
ME DW DS24 DS22
chartle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:39 AM   #6
Colleen27
DIS Veteran
 
Colleen27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 16,796

I'm hoping for a change too... I'm trying to put together a trip for DD11 and her BFF next summer and the YES tickets would be a big help with the budget, but they'd be an even bigger help if I didn't have to buy the 3 day minimum for myself since I'll have an AP.

ETA: Historically the dates and prices for the upcoming year are published around the time the classes for the current year end. The last fall class this year is on Halloween so it'll likely be a few more weeks before we see anything about 2013 classes and policies.
__________________
~~**Colleen & Crew**~~
POR 10/05 ~ BC 08/07 ~ WL 01/08 ~ CBR 12/09 ~ POP 03/11 TR/ DR
POP 1/12 TR ~ ASSp 5/12 ~ CSR 3/13 ~ POP 4/13 ~ ASMu 12/13


Colleen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:17 AM   #7
Suellen
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Celebration, Florida
Posts: 5,233



Which is why I threw it away.

It seemed silly to me that I couldn't just buy the breakfast ticket For the GS event in the first place - instead I had to buy a one day ticket AND the breakfast.




Quote:
Originally Posted by chartle View Post
It wouldn't have mattered whether or not you used the ticket.

Yes tickets have an expiration date that would have been about a week later so you couldn't save it for future use anyway and also you can't upgrade them at all.
__________________
Suellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:20 AM   #8
Suellen
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Celebration, Florida
Posts: 5,233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleen27 View Post
I'm hoping for a change too... I'm trying to put together a trip for DD11 and her BFF next summer and the YES tickets would be a big help with the budget, but they'd be an even bigger help if I didn't have to buy the 3 day minimum for myself since I'll have an AP.

ETA: Historically the dates and prices for the upcoming year are published around the time the classes for the current year end. The last fall class this year is on Halloween so it'll likely be a few more weeks before we see anything about 2013 classes and policies.
Not sure if it helps and I was bummed to have to buy ANY admission ticket - but I called and they allowed me to bit a one day ticket instead of the three day minimum.
__________________
Suellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:25 AM   #9
chartle
DIS Veteran
 
chartle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pgh
Posts: 14,497

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suellen View Post


Which is why I threw it away.

It seemed silly to me that I couldn't just buy the breakfast ticket For the GS event in the first place - instead I had to buy a one day ticket AND the breakfast.
I sometimes miss stuff when I'm on my phone but I somehow read that you thought you somehow could have saved it but now I see you didn't.

Its still valid info for other readers because some do not know that YES tickets have an expiration date and just assume they can save them for an AP renewal like regular MYW ticket they have to buy for free dining.
__________________
'77 FW Campsite, '99 FW Cabin, Feb '06 Off site Magical Music Days Band Trip, Aug '08 Offsite, Feb '10 Off site Magical Music Days Band Trip, May '11 Offsite, Dec '13 Offsite
ME DW DS24 DS22
chartle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.