Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 08:59 PM   #1
Suellen
DIS Veteran

YES Program

Do we have to buy park tickers to sign up for an individual enrollment? We are AP holders but I'm sure there are a few of these my kids would like....but I can't justify paying additional park entry.

thanks!
Old 10-01-2012, 09:03 PM   #2
Colleen27
DIS Veteran

Right now yes, you have to buy a ticket for each attendee and chaperone. There have been rumors of changes coming with the ticketing policy for the 2013 classes, though, so what is true right now might not be the case next year. There's a long discussion thread about the program over on the Budget Board, that will probably be the first place any new information gets posted on the DIS.

Colleen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 09:07 PM   #3
Suellen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleen27 View Post
Right now yes, you have to buy a ticket for each attendee and chaperone. There have been rumors of changes coming with the ticketing policy for the 2013 classes, though, so what is true right now might not be the case next year. There's a long discussion thread about the program over on the Budget Board, that will probably be the first place any new information gets posted on the DIS.
Thanks! Wicked bummer. It's bad enough I had to pay adult prices for their AP's - nom way can I pay for tickets we don't need. I kinda thought this was true b/c I had to buy a one day ticket for the Girl Scout event in May - accidentally used my AP that day anyway and ended up throwing out a one day ticket un-used.

Hoping for a change in 2013!
Old 10-01-2012, 10:18 PM   #4
lovemy3girls
DIS Veteran

We are also AP holders hoping for a change in that policy. I would gladly pay a fee for my children to attend one if the YES classes but we shouldn't have to buy tickets! It stinks that Disney is kind of making it so AP holders don't get to participate in these classes.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:24 AM   #5
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suellen View Post
Thanks! Wicked bummer. It's bad enough I had to pay adult prices for their AP's - nom way can I pay for tickets we don't need. I kinda thought this was true b/c I had to buy a one day ticket for the Girl Scout event in May - accidentally used my AP that day anyway and ended up throwing out a one day ticket un-used.

Hoping for a change in 2013!
It wouldn't have mattered whether or not you used the ticket.

Yes tickets have an expiration date that would have been about a week later so you couldn't save it for future use anyway and also you can't upgrade them at all.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:39 AM   #6
Colleen27
DIS Veteran

I'm hoping for a change too... I'm trying to put together a trip for DD11 and her BFF next summer and the YES tickets would be a big help with the budget, but they'd be an even bigger help if I didn't have to buy the 3 day minimum for myself since I'll have an AP.

ETA: Historically the dates and prices for the upcoming year are published around the time the classes for the current year end. The last fall class this year is on Halloween so it'll likely be a few more weeks before we see anything about 2013 classes and policies.

Colleen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:17 AM   #7
Suellen
DIS Veteran

Which is why I threw it away.

It seemed silly to me that I couldn't just buy the breakfast ticket For the GS event in the first place - instead I had to buy a one day ticket AND the breakfast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chartle View Post
It wouldn't have mattered whether or not you used the ticket.

Yes tickets have an expiration date that would have been about a week later so you couldn't save it for future use anyway and also you can't upgrade them at all.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:20 AM   #8
Suellen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleen27 View Post
I'm hoping for a change too... I'm trying to put together a trip for DD11 and her BFF next summer and the YES tickets would be a big help with the budget, but they'd be an even bigger help if I didn't have to buy the 3 day minimum for myself since I'll have an AP.

ETA: Historically the dates and prices for the upcoming year are published around the time the classes for the current year end. The last fall class this year is on Halloween so it'll likely be a few more weeks before we see anything about 2013 classes and policies.
Not sure if it helps and I was bummed to have to buy ANY admission ticket - but I called and they allowed me to bit a one day ticket instead of the three day minimum.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:25 AM   #9
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suellen View Post

Which is why I threw it away.

It seemed silly to me that I couldn't just buy the breakfast ticket For the GS event in the first place - instead I had to buy a one day ticket AND the breakfast.
I sometimes miss stuff when I'm on my phone but I somehow read that you thought you somehow could have saved it but now I see you didn't.

Its still valid info for other readers because some do not know that YES tickets have an expiration date and just assume they can save them for an AP renewal like regular MYW ticket they have to buy for free dining.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: