DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-12-2013, 07:01 PM   #1141
zgirlz
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 33

Well we are going to try again, same OKW, 220 pts. Contract, 212 pts. bankable from 2012, full 220 pts. for Oct. UY 2013 and forward. Buyer paying all costs! I think, from all the reading I have been doing by your post that keep submitting till we get lucky. That still will not keep us from going to Disney, just owning till we find the right contract.
zgirlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:39 PM   #1142
disfanforlife
DIS Veteran
 
disfanforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 1,724

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
We are trying, sent in the contract today:
BLT 100 points March UY. 100 banked from 2012 and 100 going forward. $96 per point, and buyer pays MF for 2013 and closing costs.

Bobbi
Good luck! I just started looking and that sounds just like what I am looking for. We want 100 points at either BLT or BWV.
__________________
MeDH DD(20) DD(18) DS(13)
disfanforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-12-2013, 08:09 PM   #1143
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us
 
bobbiwoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Washington Township OH and Cape May NJ
Posts: 58,395

Quote:
Originally Posted by disfanforlife View Post
Good luck! I just started looking and that sounds just like what I am looking for. We want 100 points at either BLT or BWV.
Here's hoping you find one that meets your needs!
__________________
bobbiwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:57 AM   #1144
ytsyts
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Singapore
Posts: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandisw View Post
I'm also noticing that many of the contracts that have been recently picked up had banked points. I wonder if that is part of it.
Possible...

My contract passed ROFR yesterday, BWV Feb UY 230pts, $52.17/pt, buyer pays admin, seller pays closing. No points until 2014! I guess that's not a nice price consider no points till 2014, but I can't see myself taking a vacation to WDW soon, and since I am from overseas I thought it might be a hassle to try and rent out and then collect money when I don't have a bank account in US.

Submitted on 14 Feb and found out yesterday I passed ROFR.
__________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Med cruise on Magic, Aug 2010
Alaska cruise on Wonder, May 2011
Mexican Riviera on Wonder, Nov 2012
Caribbean on Fantasy, Feb 2014
Caribbean on Fantasy, Mar 2014


ytsyts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:13 AM   #1145
puffkin
DVC Owner- SSR & AKV
 
puffkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Reading, PA
Posts: 8,882

Quote:
Originally Posted by ytsyts View Post
Possible...

My contract passed ROFR yesterday, BWV Feb UY 230pts, $52.17/pt, buyer pays admin, seller pays closing. No points until 2014! I guess that's not a nice price consider no points till 2014, but I can't see myself taking a vacation to WDW soon, and since I am from overseas I thought it might be a hassle to try and rent out and then collect money when I don't have a bank account in US.

Submitted on 14 Feb and found out yesterday I passed ROFR.
Congrats! I don't think that is a bad price at all. We are closing now on a similar contract with a FEB SSR contract with no points until 2014. Similar reasons that we didn't need points until late 2014 and didn't want the hassle of renting or paying dues this year. I think your price reflects all that, plus you don't have the added stress of waiting for your points to load to book a trip soon.

At this point in the year, I also think there is a big difference in value for a FEB UY contract with no 2013 points and a DEC UY contract with no 2013 points.
__________________
~Kelly~

Veteran of 25+ trips to the World
puffkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:55 AM   #1146
ytsyts
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Singapore
Posts: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffkin View Post
Congrats! I don't think that is a bad price at all. We are closing now on a similar contract with a FEB SSR contract with no points until 2014. Similar reasons that we didn't need points until late 2014 and didn't want the hassle of renting or paying dues this year. I think your price reflects all that, plus you don't have the added stress of waiting for your points to load to book a trip soon.

At this point in the year, I also think there is a big difference in value for a FEB UY contract with no 2013 points and a DEC UY contract with no 2013 points.
Thanks puffkin... yes no stress from waiting to get the points loaded. Didn't think of that.
__________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Med cruise on Magic, Aug 2010
Alaska cruise on Wonder, May 2011
Mexican Riviera on Wonder, Nov 2012
Caribbean on Fantasy, Feb 2014
Caribbean on Fantasy, Mar 2014


ytsyts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:19 PM   #1147
Thumper4me
Planning my next trip
 
Thumper4me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Wooster, OH
Posts: 502

I am at day 31 and never heard about ROFR on my 210 OKW April Use Year. Finally I called my sales rep and she is out but someone else is helping me. He said an e-mail usually gets sent. He checked and couldn't find anything. Apparently Disney has not gotten back to them yet on this contract.

I hope it passes or I have to start all over after waiting the full 30+ days!!
Thumper4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:30 PM   #1148
Illini Al
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illini Al View Post
Getting closer to my first contract. I'll outline my complete timeline after my membership card is in my hands, but here is my contract and ROFR info:

170 pts SSR - Feb UY
$49 per point
Resale - Fidelity
'13 Points: 0
'14 Points: 170
Seller pays '13 MF
Buyer pays Closing and Fidelity Admin Fee

Sent to ROFR: 3/4/13
Passed ROFR: 3/8/13

DVD must be in hurry to clear out these resale purchases!!
Well, you know they say that if something sounds too good to be true.....

Talked to Fidelity today, and they said that they were in error telling me my SSR contract passed ROFR on 3/8. My seller had a second contract for sale at the same time (which Puffkin happened to purchase shortly before I bought mine), and it was THAT contract that passed ROFR, not mine. Mine is still with Disney. Therefore, I probably have a couple more weeks before I hear. No harm done, but I won't be very happy if I don't pass. I'm not getting any points until Feb '14, so I'm hoping I'm OK, even with that price of $49. Sorry for the false alarm. For those considering Fidelity, don't let this error scare you off, they've been otherwise very good to work with.
Illini Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:02 PM   #1149
Thumper4me
Planning my next trip
 
Thumper4me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Wooster, OH
Posts: 502

Back to the drawing board for me. The Timeshare Store got me the message that Disney is exercising it's ROFR. So, I waited 31 days and had to push to find an answer and got nothing in the end. I am bummed. My specifics were:

210 OKW April Use Year $55 point, all 2013 and forward. No banked points.

Kelly
Thumper4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:22 PM   #1150
DisneyDiana
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyDiana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper4me View Post
Back to the drawing board for me. The Timeshare Store got me the message that Disney is exercising it's ROFR. So, I waited 31 days and had to push to find an answer and got nothing in the end. I am bummed. My specifics were:

210 OKW April Use Year $55 point, all 2013 and forward. No banked points.

Kelly
I am putting an offer in for OKW today. After reading the boards lately I am not getting my hopes up at all.
__________________
DisneyDiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:24 PM   #1151
Thumper4me
Planning my next trip
 
Thumper4me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Wooster, OH
Posts: 502

DisneyDiana,

Good luck to you!! What are your specifics - Use Year, Points?
Thumper4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:36 PM   #1152
DisneyDiana
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyDiana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper4me View Post
DisneyDiana,

Good luck to you!! What are your specifics - Use Year, Points?
Just a small one, 100 pts., UY June, $62 pp.
__________________
DisneyDiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:01 PM   #1153
dbs1228
DIS Veteran
 
dbs1228's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 2,102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper4me View Post
Back to the drawing board for me. The Timeshare Store got me the message that Disney is exercising it's ROFR. So, I waited 31 days and had to push to find an answer and got nothing in the end. I am bummed. My specifics were:

210 OKW April Use Year $55 point, all 2013 and forward. No banked points.

Kelly
That is a bummer! I am really trying to not get my hopes up I have a similar contract to yours except BWV. I think if the BWV does not pass I may step back and let the dust settle then start looking in a few months - although i am not a very patient! Good luck!
__________________
1995 - 2010 Ft Wilderness Cabins every year! OKW, BLT 2010 & 2011 AKV 2011 THV 2012




dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:31 PM   #1154
aspncb
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 7

100 pt OKW September UY $63 no 2012 pts 100 Sept
2013 and forward

passed ROFR yesterday. We paid a little more but it came through.
aspncb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:41 PM   #1155
DisneyDiana
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyDiana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 522

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspncb View Post
100 pt OKW September UY $63 no 2012 pts 100 Sept
2013 and forward

passed ROFR yesterday. We paid a little more but it came through.
Uh oh! Promised myself I would not get my hopes but that is great to hear!
__________________
DisneyDiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: