DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-20-2013, 09:31 AM   #841
MapleGirl
Perpetual Planner
 
MapleGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Boston
Posts: 1,511

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFansInLINY View Post
That's right. I remember your previous comments. Ok so both great deals. Just have to pass the ROFR first. Let me know how it turns out for you. Good luck

I don't even know yet if I have a contract to submit to ROFR as after I accepted the counter-offer yesterday, the realtor told me she would call me back but never did. I don't know if this is standard procedure but they are extremely slow. I submitted my offer on Friday and didn't get a response until yesterday. DH was already talking about adding more points on in 3 years or so. So depending how this realtor continues to delay the process, I don't know if we would use them again. Is this normal to accept an offer and not hear back from the realtor?
I don't know if it's normal. I would think not. My agent (Sharon from Fidelity) has been great. What company are you using?
__________________
~ MapleGirl



MapleGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:34 AM   #842
DisneyFansInLINY
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyFansInLINY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,021

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleGirl View Post
I don't know if it's normal. I would think not. My agent (Sharon from Fidelity) has been great. What company are you using?
I rather not say because I don't like to give bad reviews based on my personal experiences. I know several persons on here take it quite personal.
DisneyFansInLINY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-20-2013, 09:35 AM   #843
Breyean
DVC Since '93
 
Breyean's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Scottsdale AZ
Posts: 1,026

We just found out we passed ROFR on our third attempt for a VGC contract.

VCG June UY at $90/point - 125 points with 79 banked from 2012 and all points going forward. Buyer paid 2013 MF, closing and Fidelity admin fee. Submitted 1/24.

We are excited. We own there and this was basically to let us get a 1 bedroom instead of a studio more often.

Funny part is now I'm nervous about the 2013 points (and maybe some additional reallocated ones if I can get Disney to let me use these 2012 points to replace some 2013 points we have used from our exiting contracts for a Sep trip) because I sold this contract to my wife based on transferring about 200 points to defray the cost of this contract.

But we have never rented or transferred and having read about the process on these boards I would prefer a transfer but am worried because I'm new at it no one will trust me.

I guess I'm getting ahead of myself here, but I NEVER thought this would pass!
Breyean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:58 AM   #844
kenly777
Mouseketeer
 
kenly777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: West Hurley, NY
Posts: 362

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breyean
We just found out we passed ROFR on our third attempt for a VGC contract.

VCG June UY at $90/point - 125 points with 79 banked from 2012 and all points going forward. Buyer paid 2013 MF, closing and Fidelity admin fee. Submitted 1/24.

We are excited. We own there and this was basically to let us get a 1 bedroom instead of a studio more often.

Funny part is now I'm nervous about the 2013 points (and maybe some additional reallocated ones if I can get Disney to let me use these 2012 points to replace some 2013 points we have used from our exiting contracts for a Sep trip) because I sold this contract to my wife based on transferring about 200 points to defray the cost of this contract.

But we have never rented or transferred and having read about the process on these boards I would prefer a transfer but am worried because I'm new at it no one will trust me.

I guess I'm getting ahead of myself here, but I NEVER thought this would pass!
Congratulations and good luck!
__________________
me DH DS DS DS

Many years of staying off site before 1990, 1990 CBR Honeymoon, 1999 CSR, 2005 Rental House, 2008 SS, 2010 Rental House, 2012 POR, 2013 OKW/BCV, 2014 BWV
kenly777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:36 AM   #845
JMW123
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 72

Passed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMW123 View Post
Thanks for all the data on this thread, I have been peeking in for a while as we searched for our 1st DVC purchase. Wanted to add my info to pay it forward to the next person looking.

Contract just sent to Disney, let the waiting begin. Will advise when we hear.

210pt BCV (Feb) $68/pt 43 for '13, 210 every year thereafter Buyer pays closing and MF on remaining '13 pts.

Passed ROFR today. FYI, while TTS get approvals on Tuesdays, a certain Family business that does resales gets theirs on Weds each week. Now I need to see how fast we can get in the system so we can try to book a BCV 1 Bedroom for the end of F&W before the 7 month window opens.
JMW123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:44 AM   #846
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran
 
lovin'fl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 4,008

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMW123 View Post
Passed ROFR today. FYI, while TTS get approvals on Tuesdays, a certain Family business that does resales gets theirs on Weds each week. Now I need to see how fast we can get in the system so we can try to book a BCV 1 Bedroom for the end of F&W before the 7 month window opens.
Oh yeah...I used that certain family business too, so I should hear any moment now...yay! Congrats to you!!! You are in a bigger pinch than I...I hope it goes super fast for ya!!!!
__________________
DVC since 2006
Next trip(s): Jan 24-26 at HHI
Aug 1-8 at BWV & AKV
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:45 AM   #847
shwn
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breyean View Post
We just found out we passed ROFR on our third attempt for a VGC contract.

VCG June UY at $90/point - 125 points with 79 banked from 2012 and all points going forward. Buyer paid 2013 MF, closing and Fidelity admin fee. Submitted 1/24.

We are excited. We own there and this was basically to let us get a 1 bedroom instead of a studio more often.

I guess I'm getting ahead of myself here, but I NEVER thought this would pass!
Congrats!!! Third time is the charm! Hope the rest of the process goes quick for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMW123 View Post
Passed ROFR today. FYI, while TTS get approvals on Tuesdays, a certain Family business that does resales gets theirs on Weds each week. Now I need to see how fast we can get in the system so we can try to book a BCV 1 Bedroom for the end of F&W before the 7 month window opens.
Congrats also! Interesting that you say that...I am also waiting on a certain family company for one of my contracts...so maybe today is the day! I sold a contract through them and I found out that it passed last Tuesday. So maybe the days vary- not always Wednesday? Or at least last week they found out a day early.
shwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:17 AM   #848
ELMC
DIS Veteran
 
ELMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,981

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFansInLINY View Post
That's right. I remember your previous comments. Ok so both great deals. Just have to pass the ROFR first. Let me know how it turns out for you. Good luck

I don't even know yet if I have a contract to submit to ROFR as after I accepted the counter-offer yesterday, the realtor told me she would call me back but never did. I don't know if this is standard procedure but they are extremely slow. I submitted my offer on Friday and didn't get a response until yesterday. DH was already talking about adding more points on in 3 years or so. So depending how this realtor continues to delay the process, I don't know if we would use them again. Is this normal to accept an offer and not hear back from the realtor?
I wonder if there is a connection between your consistently retracting offers and the delay in communication.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFansInLINY View Post
I rather not say because I don't like to give bad reviews based on my personal experiences. I know several persons on here take it quite personal.
It wasn't the negative review of a broker that people objected to. There are several brokers and people on here have expressed positive and not so positive opinions of each, with little to no push back.
__________________
ELMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:29 AM   #849
shwn
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by shwn View Post

-VWL= 200 Points (200 2012, 200 2013, and all going forward) August Use Year. $55.25/pp. Buyer paid closing costs and 2013 dues.
Timeline:
1/14 Made 1st offer
1/15 Counter and final offer accepted
1/16 We signed documents
1/19 Seller signed documents
1/23 Learned 2013 points were not bankable as seller was behind on dues. Updated contract and re-signed.
1/24 Seller and Buyer returned documents and sent to ROFR
2/20 Passed ROFR
Just found out we passed ROFR on this contract!!! Still waiting to hear on our other contract at AKL, but that is with a different broker.

Good luck to all those still waiting to hear!

Should be any minute Lovin' FL (VWL notification was from the certain family broker ).
shwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:35 AM   #850
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran
 
lovin'fl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 4,008

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin'fl View Post
Ok...here we go again. 3rd time's a charm...I hope. Submitted for ROFR today.

100 AKV (Aug), $66, 61 2012 pts (banked to 2013), 100 2013 points and all going forward, buyer pays closing and MF (sub 1/22) member
Just got an e-mail that we passed (2/20). Yay!!!!
__________________
DVC since 2006
Next trip(s): Jan 24-26 at HHI
Aug 1-8 at BWV & AKV
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:40 AM   #851
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran
 
lovin'fl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 4,008

Quote:
Originally Posted by shwn View Post
Just found out we passed ROFR on this contract!!! Still waiting to hear on our other contract at AKL, but that is with a different broker.

Good luck to all those still waiting to hear!

Should be any minute Lovin' FL (VWL notification was from the certain family broker ).
I am curious to hear about you AKV too...as it was similar to mine but more loaded. Good luck and congrats on the VWL!
__________________
DVC since 2006
Next trip(s): Jan 24-26 at HHI
Aug 1-8 at BWV & AKV
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:42 AM   #852
ANGRebel
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANGRebel

Same here, 29 days and no word. Ours won't be ROFR'd because of price, $61/point SSR, but I'm just ready to move forward.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
We passed! Got word this morning. I wasn't worried, but since this is our first contract I'm just glad to be moving one step closer to owning. Details are 130 points at SSR. Oct U/Y. All 2012 points and forward $61/point. Should close within about two weeks. Here's hoping everything goes smoothly from here on out!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
--------------------------------------------------
October 2013 - VWL
January 2013 - Shades of Green
June 2012 - Shades of Green
December 2011 - BWV
June 2011 - AKV
March 2010 - Port Orleans - French Quarter
March 2009 - Yacht Club
ANGRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:01 PM   #853
DisneyFansInLINY
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyFansInLINY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,021

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMC View Post
I wonder if there is a connection between your consistently retracting offers and the delay in communication.


It wasn't the negative review of a broker that people objected to. There are several brokers and people on here have expressed positive and not so positive opinions of each, with little to no push back.
I did not retract this offer. I have kept this offer in since Friday and it was accepted. I had posted about another offer that I made on Friday but someone had bid higher on it the same day and that is when I made this offer. And my previous offers weren't cancelled either. In actuality, I had only cancelled 2 offers and followed through with 5 offers; the end result having been declined. And so your reasoning makes very little sense. If I had cancelled every offer I ever made then yes, I would expect a delay in communication. However that is not the case. In fact, now that an offer has been accepted, communication should be hasted as to get the ball rolling for her compensation. But that is all irrelevant, as I have been in contact with her and she explained the delay with honesty. I appreciate that and would consider doing business with her again as well as recommend her to my friends and family. I would just advise them to be patient.

But honestly, don't you have a store to run rather than constantly comment negatively on my posts? Why can't we be friends? Where is the love? Connecticut and Long Island, it's only a ferry ride away from one another. I am calling a truce. You in or out?
DisneyFansInLINY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:01 PM   #854
ELMC
DIS Veteran
 
ELMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,981

Congrats to everyone that passed today! After a small run of bad luck it's nice to hear good news from all of you.
__________________
ELMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:06 PM   #855
DisneyFansInLINY
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyFansInLINY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,021

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin'fl View Post
Just got an e-mail that we passed (2/20). Yay!!!!
Congratulations!
DisneyFansInLINY is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: