DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-07-2013, 01:50 PM   #3316
moreisgood
Falling in love
 
moreisgood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philly suburbs
Posts: 164

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Thanks for the help! I read through some of the cancelation policy... kinda makes sense.


I had not thought to pick up one day at a time. That could be the route I take. I just don't want to end up with days that I have nothing! My husband is not a fan of split stays...so not sure if piecing together would get me the same room? I was looking at a 1brm at OKW... the nights I needed were there for two nights in a one near the hospitality house, but then the other nights were only in one not near the hospitality house. Tad frustrating... wish a 1br was a 1br...





Once you start picking up days, you can pick up better days, and discard as you see the opportunity to form patterns. Sort of like playing cards. You have to have something in your hand to match and then discard the nonmatching cards. By doing this, I managed to put together a few days at AKL and 4 days at GFV!

Last edited by moreisgood; 07-07-2013 at 01:51 PM. Reason: not finished
moreisgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 04:55 PM   #3317
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,537

Quote:
Originally Posted by moreisgood View Post
Once you start picking up days, you can pick up better days, and discard as you see the opportunity to form patterns. Sort of like playing cards. You have to have something in your hand to match and then discard the nonmatching cards. By doing this, I managed to put together a few days at AKL and 4 days at GFV!
That sounds like just the kind of game I love!!
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-07-2013, 09:36 PM   #3318
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side
 
Poolrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 8,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Just an update on my never ending saga. I am getting closer... today I got a letter with my member number. It mentions that my packet will come in 10 days to 2 weeks. If however I would like to make reservations now I can call member services. I assume this is to get an activation code? At least when I go to the website, I can't establish a login with only my member number. I need an activation code. Soon... very soon I will book my first trip!!! MS should be open tomorrow.. right? They were closed by the time I got my mail today. I feel a tad like tomorrow is Christmas morning!
So glad you are finally there. Congrats and welcome home!!!!

I hope that now all is resolved ( sorry haven't read all the way through) and yes Having your member number on the card is now a formality and well you need it for your discounts but you can now access the website and book.
__________________
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:20 PM   #3319
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,537

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
So glad you are finally there. Congrats and welcome home!!!!

I hope that now all is resolved ( sorry haven't read all the way through) and yes Having your member number on the card is now a formality and well you need it for your discounts but you can now access the website and book.

thank you so much.

So my timeline in case anyone is curious...

4/17 - offer made and accepted.
4/22 - contract received
4/23 - contract signed and sent back with deposit
4/24 - sent to Disney for ROFR
5/23 - passed ROFR
6/10 - closing documents received
6/13 - closing documents and final payment overnighted to Fidelity
6/14 - closing documents arrive to Fidelity
6/20 - notified that closing was near complete and that Disney was notified of new ownership
7/1 - deed recorded
7/5 - membership number received in mail
7/6 - club id acquired and online account set up.

Now to just make that first reservation!
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:01 PM   #3320
lorie13
Mouseketeer
 
lorie13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Southern California
Posts: 208

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

After making offers on about a dozen BLT contracts and being either flatly refused or seller only dropping price by a dollar or two per point, I am happy to say we just had one accepted and sent off to ROFR. A few more points that I was looking for (was looking for 150 -200), but really happy with the price and being fully loaded. Funny how easy it is to justify a few more points. Now the wait.

BTL 210 pts Feb UY, all 2012 points going forward, $90/point, buyer pays closing costs, admin fee and 2013 MF. Submitted on July 3rd to ROFR.
lorie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:13 PM   #3321
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,537

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorie13 View Post
After making offers on about a dozen BLT contracts and being either flatly refused or seller only dropping price by a dollar or two per point, I am happy to say we just had one accepted and sent off to ROFR. A few more points that I was looking for (was looking for 150 -200), but really happy with the price and being fully loaded. Funny how easy it is to justify a few more points. Now the wait.

BTL 210 pts Feb UY, all 2012 points going forward, $90/point, buyer pays closing costs, admin fee and 2013 MF. Submitted on July 3rd to ROFR.
Congrats! And good luck with ROFR!!!
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:13 PM   #3322
JWG
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 1,454

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorie13 View Post
After making offers on about a dozen BLT contracts and being either flatly refused or seller only dropping price by a dollar or two per point, I am happy to say we just had one accepted and sent off to ROFR. A few more points that I was looking for (was looking for 150 -200), but really happy with the price and being fully loaded. Funny how easy it is to justify a few more points. Now the wait.

BTL 210 pts Feb UY, all 2012 points going forward, $90/point, buyer pays closing costs, admin fee and 2013 MF. Submitted on July 3rd to ROFR.
Congrats! We have been looing in that 25-75 point range and have one contract waiting to close (seller did come down $5/pt) and one contract here they refused to budge from the $115 asking price (and apparently got it). I get you pay more for small contracts, but $115 is just more than I will do.

Good luck!
__________________

JWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:14 PM   #3323
jendujka
Earning My Ears
 
jendujka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 68

Timeline

Hi All!

This thread has been an incredible source of information and assistance in the resale purchase process so I wanted to post our timeline for anyone else who might benefit from it. We purchased 150 SSR points ($55 - 53 Oct 2013 points with 150 coming Oct 2014) through Fidelity. I wouldn't say that the communication was proactive, but I did receive timeline responses to all of my inquiries.

Wed, May 1st - Offered and accepted (we had made previous offers on a couple of different properties on which we couldn't come to an agreement during the week)
Wed, May 8th - Received and returned contract and on to ROFR
Tues, May 28th - ROFR was waived Happy day!
Thurs, June 13th - Received closing docs
Mon, June 17th - Closing docs and our check were received by the closing company
Mon, June 24th - Notified of closing from closing company
Tues, June 25th - Notified of closing from Fidelity
Fri, July 5th - Docs are available the Orange County Comptrollers site
Mon, July 8th - Received e-mail from DVC with activation code. Called DVC for member number and was told that we will receive member docs this week.

So, if ROFR had taken the full 30 days, then we would be at closer to 3 months start to finish on the purchase. While I would have liked for things to happen faster, I am okay with the timeline due to the purchase price we were able to negotiate and Sharon's responsiveness during the negotiation period.

Good luck to everyone!!
__________________
________________
May 2014, AKV - Expedition Everest Challenge
February 2014, ASMovies - Princess Half Marathon
August 2013, POR - Royal Rooms
April 2013, AKV Jambo
February 2013, AKV Jambo
October 2012, AoA LM - Fantasyland Dress Rehearsal!
May 2012, Off-property - Disney trip with girlfriends
December 2011, POFQ - First family vacation to Disney!
jendujka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:29 PM   #3324
DougEMG
DIS Veteran
 
DougEMG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada
Posts: 1,753

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorie13 View Post
After making offers on about a dozen BLT contracts and being either flatly refused or seller only dropping price by a dollar or two per point, I am happy to say we just had one accepted and sent off to ROFR. A few more points that I was looking for (was looking for 150 -200), but really happy with the price and being fully loaded. Funny how easy it is to justify a few more points. Now the wait.

BTL 210 pts Feb UY, all 2012 points going forward, $90/point, buyer pays closing costs, admin fee and 2013 MF. Submitted on July 3rd to ROFR.
Congrats, nice contract. Good luck with ROFR.
__________________
DougEMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:35 PM   #3325
WDWLODGE
Mouseketeer
 
WDWLODGE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Springdale, PA
Posts: 471

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendujka View Post
Hi All!

This thread has been an incredible source of information and assistance in the resale purchase process so I wanted to post our timeline for anyone else who might benefit from it. We purchased 150 SSR points ($55 - 53 Oct 2013 points with 150 coming Oct 2014) through Fidelity. I wouldn't say that the communication was proactive, but I did receive timeline responses to all of my inquiries.

Wed, May 1st - Offered and accepted (we had made previous offers on a couple of different properties on which we couldn't come to an agreement during the week)
Wed, May 8th - Received and returned contract and on to ROFR
Tues, May 28th - ROFR was waived Happy day!
Thurs, June 13th - Received closing docs
Mon, June 17th - Closing docs and our check were received by the closing company
Mon, June 24th - Notified of closing from closing company
Tues, June 25th - Notified of closing from Fidelity
Fri, July 5th - Docs are available the Orange County Comptrollers site
Mon, July 8th - Received e-mail from DVC with activation code. Called DVC for member number and was told that we will receive member docs this week.

So, if ROFR had taken the full 30 days, then we would be at closer to 3 months start to finish on the purchase. While I would have liked for things to happen faster, I am okay with the timeline due to the purchase price we were able to negotiate and Sharon's responsiveness during the negotiation period.

Good luck to everyone!!
Sharon just sent our docs into Disney today. Now we wait and pray.
__________________
Bill
'80 Offsite + '99 Contemporary (Honeymoon) + '00 Carribbean Beach & Wilderness Lodge + '00 Disneyland + '01 Wilderness Lodge + '02 Coronado Springs + '03 Animal Kingdom Lodge + '04 PO Riverside & Wilderness Lodge + '05 PO French Quarter + '06 Pop Century & Disney Magic (May 6th Western) + '06 Polynesian + Nov/Dec '07 - Pop Century & Disney Magic(Dec 1st Western) + '08 Disneyland + Nov '09 PO French Quarter & Nov. 14th DCL Magic Double Dip + '10 Boardwalk + Oct '11 Wilderness Lodge + Oct '12 Caribbean Beach + Nov '13 1st DVC (Kidani Village) & Nov 16th Eastern Fantasy + Next: Nov '14 Bay Lake Tower
WDWLODGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:45 PM   #3326
jaberwock
Mouseketeer
 
jaberwock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 120

These posts just made me sad, we put in our off 4/12 and our sellers still don't have our contracts back........ I think I wanna cry but I will just laugh instead.
jaberwock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:52 PM   #3327
moreisgood
Falling in love
 
moreisgood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philly suburbs
Posts: 164

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaberwock View Post
These posts just made me sad, we put in our off 4/12 and our sellers still don't have our contracts back........ I think I wanna cry but I will just laugh instead.
You're not alone. I made an offer on 4/10, and the seller verbally accepted on 4/12, and I'm still waiting for the seller to sign. My money has been sitting at the title company for over a month...
moreisgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:32 PM   #3328
Joey7295
DIS Veteran
 
Joey7295's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 824

Submitted 7/8/13

VB 150 points April UY - $40/point. 150 banked 2012 points, 150 2013 and all 150 going forward. Seller pays 2013 MFs and closing, buyer pays admin fee.
Joey7295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:03 PM   #3329
jaberwock
Mouseketeer
 
jaberwock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by moreisgood View Post
You're not alone. I made an offer on 4/10, and the seller verbally accepted on 4/12, and I'm still waiting for the seller to sign. My money has been sitting at the title company for over a month...
Good to know we aren't the only ones then. I was getting kinda worried they were gonna back out. You would think people would want their money.
jaberwock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:41 PM   #3330
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran
 
lovin'fl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,940

List updated (I think I got everything)

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....01288&page=162
__________________
DVC since 2006
Next trip(s): Jan (?) at HHI
Aug 8-14 at BWV & AKV
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: