DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2013, 01:18 AM   #3136
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin'fl View Post
EDITED

When we closed in March on AKV points (an add on to our 75 HH Aug UY), ROFR took 29 days, then it took 7 days to get closing docs and we sent them back same day, then it took 9 days to close from the time we sent back out docs, then another 10 days until points were accessible and then a week later the letter arrived by mail (with member number, which we already knew)....26 days from passing ROFR until we had points in online member account.

This latest HH contract (also Aug UY) ROFR took only 22 days, then it took 10 days to get closing docs and we sent them back that same day, then it took 12 days to close from the day we sent back our docs, then another 13 days until points were accessible...which was just yesterday (so waiting on letter, which we don't really need)....35 days from passing ROFR until we had points in online member account.
I really appreciate you sharing this. Tomorrow is the 4 week mark since we passed ROFR. It kinda feels a tad unreal to me at this point... as if we waved good bye to money and that was the end of the transaction. (like nothing more will come of this) I know that isn't the case. I am sure that somewhere our purchase is being recorded and wheels are turning. I guess I just have to be patient. Seeing that you were all set at 26 and 35 days... makes me hope that something is actually going on with our purchase and that sooner rather than later I will have a member account and points to play with.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:15 AM   #3137
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I really appreciate you sharing this. Tomorrow is the 4 week mark since we passed ROFR. It kinda feels a tad unreal to me at this point... as if we waved good bye to money and that was the end of the transaction. (like nothing more will come of this) I know that isn't the case. I am sure that somewhere our purchase is being recorded and wheels are turning. I guess I just have to be patient. Seeing that you were all set at 26 and 35 days... makes me hope that something is actually going on with our purchase and that sooner rather than later I will have a member account and points to play with.
I know the feeling. When my last one closed, and I noticed the deed snafu, it seemed like the deal was done (money was paid and docs were signed) and it was like crickets until I saw the deed was recorded and I saw the contract load and then the points. You may have another week or so until you get your member number letter. I hope it's soon for you .
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-20-2013, 10:53 AM   #3138
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I know the feeling. When my last one closed, and I noticed the deed snafu, it seemed like the deal was done (money was paid and docs were signed) and it was like crickets until I saw the deed was recorded and I saw the contract load and then the points. You may have another week or so until you get your member number letter. I hope it's soon for you .
That is a good way to put it- crickets. I don't think we are actually through closing though... Sent in funds and signed docs last week... But that was the last I heard anything. I hope you are right and we have just a week or so... But for some reason I have this feeling it will be some time in mid July or so... If not the end. I hope I am wrong.....
Old 06-20-2013, 02:35 PM   #3139
agie65
New Disney Fan

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post

That is a good way to put it- crickets. I don't think we are actually through closing though... Sent in funds and signed docs last week... But that was the last I heard anything. I hope you are right and we have just a week or so... But for some reason I have this feeling it will be some time in mid July or so... If not the end. I hope I am wrong.....
Did not yours was a foreign seller? I am going thru in one of my contract, seller is Canadian and now they have to find a US notary to notarize the deed, until closing company receives the docs, I just have to wait.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:43 PM   #3140
amypetecar
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lville23 View Post
lville23 --- 105 BLT (Dec), $87, 66 '12 pts (banked) and all forward, buyer pays 2013 mf and closing (sub 5/23)

Just heard from broker that we passed Disney's ROFR.
That sounds like you got an amazing deal!
amypetecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:16 AM   #3141
dvc lover 1970
Earning My Ears

WOW BLT at 87.00 per point!! You got an awesome deal, Congratulations! Just curious, is there a trend as to what date the contract goes through ROFR? I was going to look back on page 162 to see if contracts were waved more on a given date and refused more on a given date.
Just curious
dvc lover 1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:25 AM   #3142
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc lover 1970 View Post
WOW BLT at 87.00 per point!! You got an awesome deal, Congratulations! Just curious, is there a trend as to what date the contract goes through ROFR? I was going to look back on page 162 to see if contracts were waved more on a given date and refused more on a given date.
Just curious
They tend to be ROFRd early in the process (so at 2 or 3 weeks) but not always. And they pass, usually, around day 26-30 but sometimes sooner (not often). Brokers tend to notify of passing on Tue (though sometimes Mon and Wed).
Old 06-21-2013, 08:30 AM   #3143
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan View Post
Awesome!! Our points loaded, too. So, I have to ask, with all these points where are you going to stay first??
When did your BCV pass? Congrats!

Last edited by lovin'fl; 06-21-2013 at 08:44 AM.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:41 AM   #3144
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
They tend to be ROFRd early in the process (so at 2 or 3 weeks) but not always. And they pass, usually, around day 26-30 but sometimes sooner (not often). Brokers tend to notify of passing on Tue (though sometimes Mon and Wed).
Is there anyway to get a hold of the OP of this thread to somehow have you now update on page 1? I know it used to be Donald1 who did it for years and then Mac took it over and is able to update page 1 just curious?

dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:44 AM   #3145
lville23
Earning My Ears

Historically, I have always heard back on the Tuesday before day 30. On the last BLT I heard back on the Monday before day 30. Thus, this time I heard back on day 25. My deal on the BLT contract was all about timing. I was talking to the broker about an OKW contract I had closing with them when the broker told me they just posted this "smaller" BLT contract listed at $90 a pt. I made an offer of $85, and received a counter offer at $87 maybe thirty mins later. It was all timing.
lville23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:24 AM   #3146
StaciMay
I love Disney!

Well, back to the drawing board for me. Disney took my BLT contract :-(

BLT 160 Aug UY 126 "13 points and all forward $80pp
I fell in love with Disney in 2006 thru the eyes of my son!!! Pop Century Oct '06~ Pop Century Oct '07~ Pop Century Christmas '08~ ASMu Oct '09~ ASMu Nov '10~Disney Dream April '11~Port Orleans FQ Oct '11~ASMo Dec '11~Disney Dream April '12~Port Orleans Riverside Oct '12~ Our twins first trip Oct '13 OKW~VWL Dec '13~ASMu Aug '14~BLT Oct '14
StaciMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:02 PM   #3147
NoleFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
When did your BCV pass? Congrats!
Thanks, we passed on May 21

Last edited by NoleFan; 06-21-2013 at 12:12 PM.
NoleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:58 PM   #3148
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaciMay View Post
Well, back to the drawing board for me. Disney took my BLT contract :-(

BLT 160 Aug UY 126 "13 points and all forward $80pp
Sorry to hear that ! What a great contract - I guess too great! Who had that one listed? I want to eventually add on to our BLT and will only consider Aug UY to keep it simple!

dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:01 PM   #3149
StaciMay
I love Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs1228 View Post

Sorry to hear that ! What a great contract - I guess too great! Who had that one listed? I want to eventually add on to our BLT and will only consider Aug UY to keep it simple!
Fidelity. Yep it was TOO good of a deal. Sharon said Disney must have really wanted it as they only took 18 days to ROFR it :-( Original asking price was like $125 per point and I offered $80 per point to get negotiations started expecting to have to go up, but the seller took my first offer.
I fell in love with Disney in 2006 thru the eyes of my son!!! Pop Century Oct '06~ Pop Century Oct '07~ Pop Century Christmas '08~ ASMu Oct '09~ ASMu Nov '10~Disney Dream April '11~Port Orleans FQ Oct '11~ASMo Dec '11~Disney Dream April '12~Port Orleans Riverside Oct '12~ Our twins first trip Oct '13 OKW~VWL Dec '13~ASMu Aug '14~BLT Oct '14
StaciMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:50 AM   #3150
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by agie65 View Post
Did not yours was a foreign seller? I am going thru in one of my contract, seller is Canadian and now they have to find a US notary to notarize the deed, until closing company receives the docs, I just have to wait.
Yup, seller was not a us citizen. Now... if that means they live else where... I don't know.

Just an update... we did hear that our purchase is almost complete. What exactly that means? Not sure??? In the email I received from fidelity, it mentioned "Disney has been notified of your new ownership. this will take 2-4 weeks for Disney to enter your info into their system. On the day the transfer is done in the system, Disney will mail you a letter that provides you with your membership number."

Looks like we are getting closer. Another 4 weeks though would put it near the end of July... like I suspected..and roughly 3 months from start to finish.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: