DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2013, 09:08 AM   #2851
Countryrunner262
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fratthouse View Post
Congrats to all of you who passed ROFR! I've been following this thread religiously as we are getting ready to purchase our first DVC through resale, and this has been SO HELPFUL!

I had a question and wondered if some of you experienced resale-buyers could help me out? We're looking to buy at AKL, and I've been following the TSS and fidelity websites for the past week or so, and it seems that the list prices are way higher than what people are paying here on the boards. I know it's a case-by-case basis, but is it normal for people to come down off their prices by $10 - $15 pp? Will the broker laugh at me if I want to submit an offer that much lower?

I also know it's a crazy market, so maybe I should wait a couple of months until things calm down? We're not in any real hurry (except just the excitement of being DVC members).
We went through TSS. It has been a quick, and easy process. We have been extremely happy with them! However, I have read that it is easier to negotiate prices through Fidelity, but the process is a lot slower.
Countryrunner262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:25 AM   #2852
JWG
DIS Veteran

When you find the contract you want (points, use year, and resort) make the offer you're comfortable with. They can say no and so can you. Maybe they won't. No reason to let it go by because that's an obvious no.

We just offerred $10 less per point on a contract and they countered to $5 less. We accepted. It's still high ($10 less is what the data here would have suggested is the going rate), but it's a 50 point contract in a harder to get use year. We still have ROFR concerns, but we're paying $250 more than we wanted to on something that only comes around once in awhile (this is the first one we've seen since 2011).

Go for it!

We've used to resellers. DVC by Resale and now in progress with The Timeshare Store. So far, no issues.

JWG is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2013, 09:30 AM   #2853
moreisgood
Falling in love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countryrunner262 View Post
We went through TSS. It has been a quick, and easy process. We have been extremely happy with them! However, I have read that it is easier to negotiate prices through Fidelity, but the process is a lot slower.
I'm in process with BOTH Fidelity and TSS, Both the Fidelity contracts have passed ROFR, and I'm waiting on the TSS contract. Nothing has settled yet.

Fidelity has a much larger selection of contracts online (and in general), but lots of them are not available. The contracts I sold stayed on the website long after I signed purchase contacts. And it's a very slow, frustrating process. But, the people are very nice, once you get to talk to them. Which pretty much involves holding for long periods of time, on the phone. They rarely return voice messages.

TSS was zippy fast, and much easier. But, they didn't have the contracts I needed. So, you look everywhere, and buy where the right contract is. There isn't all that much to choose from these days.

I'm starting to think that who pays which fees has no effect on the ROFR process. I think that if Disney needs the points, and they are the right UY, and the right combination of points, they take it.

Any thoughts?
moreisgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:41 AM   #2854
rusafee1183
DVC Owner Since 2012!

WE PASSED!
I am so excited right now I can't even stand it!

rusafee11883---25 VWL (Dec), $79, all '13 points and forward, buyer pays closing and 1/2 mf (sub 5/7)

rusafee11883---100 VWL (Dec), $79, all '13 points and forward, buyer pays closing and 1/2 mf (sub 5/7)

I am not sure the exact closing date, because it was extended into August. They are anticipating us getting the closing documents in about 6 weeks. I am fine with it, we had no immediate plans and gives us a bit more time to save for closing etc, etc.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:24 AM   #2855
Countryrunner262
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusafee1183 View Post
WE PASSED!

rusafee11883---25 VWL (Dec), $79, all '13 points and forward, buyer pays closing and 1/2 mf (sub 5/7)

rusafee11883---100 VWL (Dec), $79, all '13 points and forward, buyer pays closing and 1/2 mf (sub 5/7)

I am not sure the exact closing date, because it was extended into August. They are anticipating us getting the closing documents in about 6 weeks. I am fine with it, we had no immediate plans and gives us a bit more time to save for closing etc, etc.
Congratulations!!! Enjoy!
Countryrunner262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:29 AM   #2856
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
WE PASSED!

Congrats!
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:35 AM   #2857
lorie13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
WE PASSED!

Congratulations and Welcome Home.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:39 AM   #2858
Timeflys4us
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by balletgirl2 View Post
Found out I passed today! I used TSS! Awesome service! Ironically I'm still on the direct wait list with Disney for BCV points since February. So much for Disney taking less time than a resale. Someone else can have my spot in line.
Congratulations on getting through ROFR. Query: because you were on the waiting list with Disney do you need to tell them you are no longer interested in buying direct and to remove you from their list? Didn't they reserve your space on the waiting list with a credit card so that they would automatically bill your card if the correct points order happens to come through?

Not sure how it works.
Timeflys4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:53 AM   #2859
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran

We waited until we had closed on our sale before removing ourselves from the waitlist. We had asked our guide to inform us before anything was charged to our credit card
Minniesgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:04 PM   #2860
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Updated list on page 162.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:21 PM   #2861
balletgirl2
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeflys4us View Post
Congratulations on getting through ROFR. Query: because you were on the waiting list with Disney do you need to tell them you are no longer interested in buying direct and to remove you from their list? Didn't they reserve your space on the waiting list with a credit card so that they would automatically bill your card if the correct points order happens to come through?

Not sure how it works.
Yes you are correct. I waited to take my name off the list until this resale passed because I didn't want to lose my spot in line. I was sweating this past month because had the points come through with Disney I would of had to reject them not knowing if I had the resale contract for sure. I didn't want both contracts. With bad timing and an ROFR I could of ended up with nothing at all, so it was a bit of a gamble for me. I actually never ever intended buying a resale, but I have already waited 5 months for Disney. My guide "guaranteed" me buying direct would only take 6-8 weeks and I have run out of patience with their direct wait list.
balletgirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:15 PM   #2862
ryanl81
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanl81 View Post
SSR FEB UY. 300 points. No 2013 points 300 for 2014 $55 per point. seller pays closing and 2013 maintenance.

Wish me luck
Just found out that we passed ROFR!! :-) really pleased!! Now for closing ;-)
ryanl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:32 PM   #2863
Timeflys4us
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by balletgirl2 View Post
Yes you are correct. I waited to take my name off the list until this resale passed because I didn't want to lose my spot in line. I was sweating this past month because had the points come through with Disney I would of had to reject them not knowing if I had the resale contract for sure. I didn't want both contracts. With bad timing and an ROFR I could of ended up with nothing at all, so it was a bit of a gamble for me. I actually never ever intended buying a resale, but I have already waited 5 months for Disney. My guide "guaranteed" me buying direct would only take 6-8 weeks and I have run out of patience with their direct wait list.
I am on the waiting list for BCV (Oct. Use Year) for over 3 months - I hope it doesn't go as long as your experience of 5 months.
Timeflys4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:45 PM   #2864
gncntry
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I am on the waiting list for BCV (Oct. Use Year) for over 3 months - I hope it doesn't go as long as your experience of 5 months.
I've been on the waitlist for BCV (March UY) since March as well. I just found 2 small BCV contracts from the TSS yesterday so I'm under contract with them. If Disney doesn't take them then I'm going to remove myself from the waitlist.

POR - 2007, BCV - 2010, SSR- 2011, BWV - 2012, BCV, SSR, BWV - 2013
gncntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:15 PM   #2865
agie65
New Disney Fan

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
I guess I could suggest to everyone who is trying direct and resale to remove themselves from direct list,. Ultimately is going to help everyone since Disney will have less people in the wait list and less chances for ROFR. Otherwise you are asking Disney to exercise ROFR and resell back to you for higher price. Just my 2 cents.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: