DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2013, 02:23 PM   #2671
G'sMaman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firepath View Post
Okay, I may have answered my own question. If they ROFR a loaded contract can they move those extra points over to another contract that is missing some?
I did think it was odd that they would ROFR a partially stripped contract, but I guess VWL must be in high demand. I'm sure DVC has extra points they can move around - after all it's only one year's points they have to worry about making up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusafee1183 View Post
I'm curious, what was the full asking? I made a full price offer at $79pp. Really hoping since Disney stole this one that they let my VWL slide by next week.

Sorry they took yours, I'm assuming that it doesn't affect the seller TOO much at this point - but if the buyer had offered a bit more, you're right.... you would have walked away with a bit more and they may have gotten the contract

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I was going to list at $78 hoping to get $74, but then decided to just go ahead and list at $74. It sold a day later at $70. In any event, I'm not too upset. I bought these points less than 2 years ago for $55 and it came fully loaded with 150 banked points which I sold so it brought the net cost down to $45 a point. Even with the broker's fee, I am coming out ahead. Who makes money on a timeshare these days?!? Now, I can give my money directly to Disney with my purchase of VGF!

G'sMaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 02:36 PM   #2672
rusafee1183
DVC Owner Since 2012!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G'sMaman View Post
I did think it was odd that they would ROFR a partially stripped contract, but I guess VWL must be in high demand. I'm sure DVC has extra points they can move around - after all it's only one year's points they have to worry about making up.

I was going to list at $78 hoping to get $74, but then decided to just go ahead and list at $74. It sold a day later at $70. In any event, I'm not too upset. I bought these points less than 2 years ago for $55 and it came fully loaded with 150 banked points which I sold so it brought the net cost down to $45 a point. Even with the broker's fee, I am coming out ahead. Who makes money on a timeshare these days?!? Now, I can give my money directly to Disney with my purchase of VGF!
You're right. VWL is in HUGE demand right now. I was on the waitlist direct before I found the right resale contract, and my guide said that there were 50 people in front of me. This next week and a half can't go fast enough. I really think they'll probably take mine. It's a pretty loaded contract, with all 125 points coming in Dec going forward.

Anyway, congrats about your VGF contract! That's so exciting!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-25-2013, 02:44 PM   #2673
G'sMaman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusafee1183 View Post
You're right. VWL is in HUGE demand right now. I was on the waitlist direct before I found the right resale contract, and my guide said that there were 50 people in front of me. This next week and a half can't go fast enough. I really think they'll probably take mine. It's a pretty loaded contract, with all 125 points coming in Dec going forward.

Anyway, congrats about your VGF contract! That's so exciting!
Thanks! Wow! 50 people ahead of you on the direct list. I guess the secret is out. VWL is such a lovely resort. We just wanted to change it up a bit. We own at VGC, stay at the Sequoia Lodge at Disneyland Paris, and visit the national parks regularly so giving up VWL made sense.

Good luck on RORF, but I really think you have a decent shot at passing.

G'sMaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 02:57 PM   #2674
rusafee1183
DVC Owner Since 2012!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G'sMaman View Post

Thanks! Wow! 50 people ahead of you on the direct list. I guess the secret is out. VWL is such a lovely resort. We just wanted to change it up a bit. We own at VGC, stay at the Sequoia Lodge at Disneyland Paris, and visit the national parks regularly so giving up VWL made sense.

Good luck on RORF, but I really think you have a decent shot at passing.
LOL. Yes, I guess that does make sense - it's a little overkill at that point for you!

Thank you so much, the reassurance is really nice I want to think so because of the higher offer, but... IDK. We'll see.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:03 PM   #2675
Pirate Granny
DIS Veteran

Wow, I had a few unexpected bills come in and I was not going to fret if my VWL got taken...it was 150 dec UY, 50 points for 2012 and all 2013. We negotiated from$85 to $80... Well we made it through and are waiting for the points to show up. I knew they were taking VWL and figured to start the process as it could take a while...
Old 05-25-2013, 04:36 PM   #2676
rusafee1183
DVC Owner Since 2012!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Granny View Post
Wow, I had a few unexpected bills come in and I was not going to fret if my VWL got taken...it was 150 dec UY, 50 points for 2012 and all 2013. We negotiated from$85 to $80... Well we made it through and are waiting for the points to show up. I knew they were taking VWL and figured to start the process as it could take a while...
It's tough out there! I'm glad you got it in and approved before the madness! Your $80pp price range is a lot closer to my $79pp offer than the one that just got ROFR'd, and I am getting 0 points from 2012. Maybe they will actually let me pass by
Old 05-26-2013, 08:25 AM   #2677
Nabas
Mouseketeer

Waiting on the following:

Nabas---170 BCV (June), $75.88, '13 & all points forward, buyer pays closing,seller pays mf (sub 5/7)

Last edited by Nabas; 06-05-2013 at 09:39 AM.
Nabas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:07 PM   #2678
Denise M
Earning My Ears

Waiting on ROFR, 160 BLT, $95 pp, June UY, 125 points 2013, 160 points 2014, buyer pays closing and MF, can't close until September. Submitted 4/30.
Denise M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:12 PM   #2679
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by agie65 View Post
Congrats, Is it loaded? OKW should be around this price point, look at ROFR data, Disney waived many around this price. happy to see less ROFR activity, more contracts passing now, guess cloud of ROFR clearing up.
Thanks! It isn't what I consider loaded. all 2013 points will come in December though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidanifan08 View Post
Extended?
Nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirnmart View Post
Offer accepted on OKW 240 points, 121 banked 12 points and all 2013 points
$62pp buyer paying closing, split 2013 MFs.....submitted for ROFR 05/21.....now we cross our fingers and wait!
Good luck! This is very close to what we just passed on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandobuck View Post
I am currently in the ROFR waiting period. Does Disney usually take close to the full 30 days or is it ever fast? Excited and impatient.
We passed on day 29
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:44 AM   #2680
fancylatane
Earning My Ears

We are on day 14 of the wait ...200 pts at SSR uy Oct. No banked points but the full 200 coming in Oct. We are offering 65ppt. Does anyone think that now that the the villas at the grand floridian are on the market if it will impact the rofr rate...and if it does, will it be a positive or negative impact?
fancylatane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:58 AM   #2681
lorie13
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

I am not sure my thinking is flawed but I just offered on a TSS BLT contract.
250 pts June UY, 250 2012 points & 204 2013 points coming on 06/01/13, asking $102, they declined my offer and came back at $100/point.

I am thinking for $25,000 I would rather purchase 172 VGF points with the extra perks, extended years and the 11 month booking window for that MK resort.

Last edited by lorie13; 05-27-2013 at 12:06 PM.
lorie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:07 PM   #2682
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorie13
I am not sure my thinking is flawed but I just offered on a TSS BLT contract.
250 pts June UY, 250 2012 points & 204 2013 points coming on 06/01/13, asking $102, they declined my offer and came back at $100/point.

I am thinking for $25,000 I rather purchase 172 VGF points with the extra perks, extended years and the 11 month booking window for that MK resort.
I think it all depends on your needs. Will a 170-point contract go far enough for you? The BLT contract is fairly loaded by today's standards. With VGF, you'd get a contract with 2013 points, nothing bankable behind that.

You'd be paying a 40 percent premium and buying fewer points for the so-called perks of buying direct. Now, I'm not against buying VGF (I just bought there myself) but you have to look at both resorts' point charts and figure out what works best for you.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:45 PM   #2683
Nabas
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
I think it all depends on your needs. Will a 170-point contract go far enough for you? The BLT contract is fairly loaded by today's standards. With VGF, you'd get a contract with 2013 points, nothing bankable behind that.

You'd be paying a 40 percent premium and buying fewer points for the so-called perks of buying direct. Now, I'm not against buying VGF (I just bought there myself) but you have to look at both resorts' point charts and figure out what works best for you.
I agree but I'd also add that the market as a whole needs to be considered.

It's a seller's market right now and $100/point at BLT is a high price. Disney continues to foreclose on BLT properties and others continue to sell BLT. (Compared to the "Classic" DVC resorts, there's a decent supply of BLT on the market today.) Meanwhile, the Poly DVC is probably just a few years away. Once the Poly opens, will BLT have the same demand or will it be in third place behind the Grand Floridian and Poly, just like the Contemporary?

I fully expect VGF direct sale prices to go up, probably a lot. It's happened at every DVC so far. BLT resale prices might be at their peak right now. However, in a few years, I wouldn't be surprised if VGF is selling for $120/point resale. That means buying direct at $145/point today does not represent much of a premium over resale in (say) 5 years.
Old 05-27-2013, 02:16 PM   #2684
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabas View Post
I agree but I'd also add that the market as a whole needs to be considered.

It's a seller's market right now and $100/point at BLT is a high price. Disney continues to foreclose on BLT properties and others continue to sell BLT. (Compared to the "Classic" DVC resorts, there's a decent supply of BLT on the market today.) Meanwhile, the Poly DVC is probably just a few years away. Once the Poly opens, will BLT have the same demand or will it be in third place behind the Grand Floridian and Poly, just like the Contemporary?

I fully expect VGF direct sale prices to go up, probably a lot. It's happened at every DVC so far. BLT resale prices might be at their peak right now. However, in a few years, I wouldn't be surprised if VGF is selling for $120/point resale. That means buying direct at $145/point today does not represent much of a premium over resale in (say) 5 years.
I see what you're trying to say, but I think you're discounting the size of VGF. It's small enough that it will likely take home-resort advantage to stay there and also small enough that there will be fewer contracts sold than a resort the size of BLT. So I think it's possible VGF could track more like VGC out in California in terms of contracts holding value. Maybe not quite as we'll as VGC because there's no other DVC option out there, but close.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 03:22 PM   #2685
Nabas
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
I see what you're trying to say, but I think you're discounting the size of VGF. It's small enough that it will likely take home-resort advantage to stay there and also small enough that there will be fewer contracts sold than a resort the size of BLT. So I think it's possible VGF could track more like VGC out in California in terms of contracts holding value. Maybe not quite as we'll as VGC because there's no other DVC option out there, but close.
I think we are in agreement. VGF is about the same size at BCV. As we all have experienced, BCV is difficult to book at the 7-month window, especially during popular times of the year. The new VGF will probably be even more difficult to book, exactly because of its newness.

I don't intend to buy at VGF because I would rather spend fewer points and stay at BWV, AKV, or even BCV. However, for someone who wants to buy at VGF, now is as good of a time as any.

I expect VGF to surpass BLT in direct sale price and, because it's less than half the size of BLT, resale prices at VGF will still be high in 5-10 years; I'm predicting $120/point. Thus, IMHO, buying direct today at $145/point isn't such a bad deal but, again, only if you really want to buy at VGF anyway. Stated differently, buy direct now at $145/point rather than wait 5-10 years in the hope that VGF resale prices will come down significantly.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: