DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2013, 09:30 AM   #2536
quandrea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin'fl View Post
Did you check page 162 of this thread for the most current info? I think you should be able to get AKV for in the $60s.
Yes, I checked page 162. What is with people paying 75 for Animal Kingdom? I've been scooped 4 times this weekend.
quandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:58 AM   #2537
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by quandrea View Post
Yes, I checked page 162. What is with people paying 75 for Animal Kingdom? I've been scooped 4 times this weekend.
I don't know because AKV isn't getting ROFRd all that often. Did you try different brokers?
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-19-2013, 10:11 AM   #2538
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I see what you're saying and I think you need to have a little more patience. This is the absolute worst time to buy resale in the past 15 months, but it doesn't mean that deals can't be had. The prices are higher now, we just don't know if that's the new normal or just a temporary bump. It's not a perfect market and you should be able to find something in your price range, provided you stay on top of it. I would also check out the listings here http://fidelityresales.com/Disney-An...dge_Villas.php and put in an offer you are comfortable with. These things take time. Just remember, even at $70pp you are still saving half over buying direct. Good luck, and breathe.
Old 05-19-2013, 10:30 AM   #2539
quandrea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMC View Post
I see what you're saying and I think you need to have a little more patience. This is the absolute worst time to buy resale in the past 15 months, but it doesn't mean that deals can't be had. The prices are higher now, we just don't know if that's the new normal or just a temporary bump. It's not a perfect market and you should be able to find something in your price range, provided you stay on top of it. I would also check out the listings here http://fidelityresales.com/Disney-An...dge_Villas.php and put in an offer you are comfortable with. These things take time. Just remember, even at $70pp you are still saving half over buying direct. Good luck, and breathe.
Thanks. I don't think I want to go with Fidelity. I actually saw a contract I like, but she is so slow to return call, update the site, etc. etc. I'm not willing to deal with that kind of customer service. I will have patience, I just can't believe the frenzy that seems to be happening.
quandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:47 AM   #2540
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks. I don't think I want to go with Fidelity. I actually saw a contract I like, but she is so slow to return call, update the site, etc. etc. I'm not willing to deal with that kind of customer service. I will have patience, I just can't believe the frenzy that seems to be happening.
Fidelity doesn't update it's own site, they have an IT company do it (typically on Tuesdays and Thursdays). With Fidelity, you typically can get the lowest resale prices but the tradeoff is having to stay on top of them with emails and calls. If that's not something you're willing to do, then you should look at the other three brokers (and prepare yourself to pay more than the rock-bottom prices you've been looking for). It is a trying time to be buying your first DVC contract, keep trying and just know that you'll find something that works for you eventually!
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:52 AM   #2541
PCMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quandrea

Unfortunately if you want a deal you have to he persistent with Fidelity. I offered $67 ppt on a loaded ssr at TSS.which is extremely high if you check the rofr board and the seller flat out rejected it and wanted $72. I told the agent thank you very much and called Shawn ray at fidelity. She is busy, but she does call back. If she doesnt I just call again. She never makes me feel like I'm hounding her. I offered the same on a similar contract with seller paying closing and she told me it was a very strong offer and will call me when she hears. Of course come Monday I may call her before she calls me but hey if I get the contract and it goes through ill be happy. Once I get my first small contract I feel like ill be less anxious after the mouse taking two of my contracts and can start to bottom feed for deals.
PCMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:33 AM   #2542
agie65
New Disney Fan

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCMama View Post

Unfortunately if you want a deal you have to he persistent with Fidelity. I offered $67 ppt on a loaded ssr at TSS.which is extremely high if you check the rofr board and the seller flat out rejected it and wanted $72. I told the agent thank you very much and called Shawn ray at fidelity. She is busy, but she does call back. If she doesnt I just call again. She never makes me feel like I'm hounding her. I offered the same on a similar contract with seller paying closing and she told me it was a very strong offer and will call me when she hears. Of course come Monday I may call her before she calls me but hey if I get the contract and it goes through ill be happy. Once I get my first small contract I feel like ill be less anxious after the mouse taking two of my contracts and can start to bottom feed for deals.
Good strategy.
Old 05-19-2013, 11:49 AM   #2543
theguda
Mouseketeer

I followed the 4 big sites for a couple weeks before making an offer with TSS.
At first, it did seem like Fidelity had the best deals...but as I followed the listings I realized that the other companies also had good deals periodically....especially TSS

As a matter of fact, in the past month I didn't see any BWV contract on Fidelity that beat the deal I got with TSS.
theguda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:03 PM   #2544
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by quandrea

I understand your frustration, but I think that if getting the best price is your main objective then fidelity is the place you should be looking. As far as the customer service goes, there have been a lot of mixed reviews, but the bottom line is that they have two brokers doing the work of five. So it is a bit understandable that they are slow to respond. For that I would blame the company and not the brokers, who are good people trying to do their best.
Old 05-19-2013, 02:10 PM   #2545
agie65
New Disney Fan

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMC View Post

I understand your frustration, but I think that if getting the best price is your main objective then fidelity is the place you should be looking. As far as the customer service goes, there have been a lot of mixed reviews, but the bottom line is that they have two brokers doing the work of five. So it is a bit understandable that they are slow to respond. For that I would blame the company and not the brokers, who are good people trying to do their best.
Agreed.
Old 05-19-2013, 02:13 PM   #2546
wl1117
Mouseketeer

We just purchased a VWL resale.

Sept use year, 150 points, $60pp
Submitted to ROFR - 3-26-13, Passed on 4-15-13, Added to our membership (by Disney) 5-6-13

6th DCL cruise -Magic - May 2, 2014
wl1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 04:54 PM   #2547
lchute1158
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wl1117 View Post
We just purchased a VWL resale.

Sept use year, 150 points, $60pp
Submitted to ROFR - 3-26-13, Passed on 4-15-13, Added to our membership (by Disney) 5-6-13

Congrats!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Disney Fantasy January 25, 2014 (45th birthday cruise!), Disney Wonder May 17, 2014 (Weekend Getaway), Disney Dream Feb 24, 2013
Hong Kong Disneyland 2011, WDW x4, DLR CA x100 plus (Annual Pass Holder)(frequent visitor since 1969)
DVC Owner - AUL, VGC, HHI

lchute1158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 06:17 PM   #2548
lorie13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I just closed a contract with TSS on May 16th (offer made April 11), now waiting for my points to be added to our membership. I agree they are efficient and fast, but I do not think they want to negotiate the prices that are listed. I paid asking ($78) for the BWV contract, but because it was fully loaded with points from 2011 and forward, I felt it was worth it as I can rent those points out and it would bring the contract to what was considered "normal" BWV pricing. A fully loaded contract is worth more than a stripped contract at a lower price, especially when the dues have been paid on the points (2012 or 2011).

Now I am looking for BLT and all the contract are really high compared to what is listed here as sold. So I asked Scot if he would present offers in the mid 80's range. This was his answer "We will present any offer you are comfortable with but I just want you to be aware that Disney has been much more active on ROFr than they were earlier this year. Recently DVC buybacks at BLT have been between $90 to $96 per point although files have also waived at those prices. "
It is not going to stop me from offering when I see a contract I am interested in. I also threw offers on a couple of contracts with "one of the other" resellers last week, they were partial stripped (did not have all of 2013 points), they were very gracious and presented the offers to the buyers, who flatly declined them. Oh well! I sent an offer yesterday to Fidelity, but have not heard yet.

My philosophy right now is, I will keep throwing offers out there and something is bound to stick.

FYI: I am in Southern California Real Estate and it is just as crazy in house buying right now as it is in DVC Resale. Signs of an improving economy or another mini bubble, only time will tell.
lorie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 06:24 PM   #2549
lchute1158
Mouseketeer

Yea I agree TSS doesn't want you to negotiate. I have had them tell me when I was offering I shouldn't do it...and when the seller came back with a counter he seemed shocked. Fidelity has had no problem with any offer I have submitted. I think it is a bubble... But I hope not in the SoCal market!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Disney Fantasy January 25, 2014 (45th birthday cruise!), Disney Wonder May 17, 2014 (Weekend Getaway), Disney Dream Feb 24, 2013
Hong Kong Disneyland 2011, WDW x4, DLR CA x100 plus (Annual Pass Holder)(frequent visitor since 1969)
DVC Owner - AUL, VGC, HHI

lchute1158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 06:27 PM   #2550
NoleFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorie13 View Post
I just closed a contract with TSS on May 16th (offer made April 11), now waiting for my points to be added to our membership. I agree they are efficient and fast, but I do not think they want to negotiate the prices that are listed. I paid asking ($78) for the BWV contract, but because it was fully loaded with points from 2011 and forward, I felt it was worth it as I can rent those points out and it would bring the contract to what was considered "normal" BWV pricing. A fully loaded contract is worth more than a stripped contract at a lower price, especially when the dues have been paid on the points (2012 or 2011).

FYI: I am in Southern California Real Estate and it is just as crazy in house buying right now as it is in DVC Resale. Signs of an improving economy or another mini bubble, only time will tell.
I recall when you initially posted your offer on the BWV contract. OP replied that it was the highest offer they had seen for BWV. However, now just over 30 days since your offer, we are seeing BWV with asking prices in the $80's!! The market seems to be going up but I wonder like you do whether it is an improving economy or mini bubble? I am also very curious to see the effect VGF sales have on the resale market? People on wait list opting for VGF? More people selling old resorts to buy @ VGF ??

Congrats neighbor on your BWV contract & good luck on your BLT search!
NoleFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: