DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2013, 02:15 PM   #2491
elcid3
Earning My Ears

Does Fidelity have an email system where they notify you daily of any new listings like some other websites do? I check their site every few days but then I can't remember if it's a property I've already inquired about without searching through my sent emails

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchute1158 View Post
I have found really good deals on fidelity. Not all the sellers are motivated, one offer i made two months ago still hasn't responded to! TSS has some good deals to. TSS seems more prone to people just offering asking or more for some reason. I even has the sales agent tell me that someone might coming in and offer asking while I was negotiating so I had better offer full price. I said I only wanted it if I thought it was a good deal. Fidelity requires a lot of patience. I don't really care about rofr... Disney has really no rhyme ot reason to it, if it gets rofr no biggie, just look for another.

I have only been seriously looking since March and every few days someone has good listings pop up. There will always be some for sale.

You don't go to a car dealership and offer more for a red car, you bargain for it or wait for a better red car to come along.
elcid3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:30 PM   #2492
NoleFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid3 View Post
Does Fidelity have an email system where they notify you daily of any new listings like some other websites do? I check their site every few days but then I can't remember if it's a property I've already inquired about without searching through my sent emails
I heard they typically update their site Tuesday & Thursday.
NoleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-16-2013, 02:44 PM   #2493
agie65
New Disney Fan

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan View Post

I heard they typically update their site Tuesday & Thursday.
Brokers/office staff at Fidelity do not maintain online listing, some other IT company does the work, so not very clear listing info most of the time, you have to call and inquire each time and you forget which one you already asked in last conversation.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:47 PM   #2494
theguda
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchute1158 View Post
I have found really good deals on fidelity. Not all the sellers are motivated, one offer i made two months ago still hasn't responded to! TSS has some good deals to. TSS seems more prone to people just offering asking or more for some reason. I even has the sales agent tell me that someone might coming in and offer asking while I was negotiating so I had better offer full price. I said I only wanted it if I thought it was a good deal.
Full price doesn't mean it's not a good deal. If a seller has aggressively priced the contract, it could be a great deal at full price. I understand in most cases negotiating is the best option...but plenty of contracts out there are fantastic buys at asking price. Passing on those because of some arbitrary desire to pay below asking price can make you miss out on something good.

I'm waiting on ROFR for a BWV contract. I watched listings for weeks...tracked the ROFR board to see what others are paying...then a great contract popped up and I made an offer below asking price. Before the offer was presented to the buyer I called and changed my offer to full asking price which got me the contract. Before I received the contract I found out there were multiple full price backup offers. If I wouldn't have switched to a full price offer...I bet I would have missed out on that contract. And honestly, since then I've only seen 1 other BWV contract that was priced like the one I bought. It it good to negotiate? Absolutely. But in some cases attempting to negotiate will lose you a good contract. You just have to know when to hold 'em...and when to fold 'em.
theguda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:12 PM   #2495
NoleFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguda View Post
Full price doesn't mean it's not a good deal. If a seller has aggressively priced the contract, it could be a great deal at full price. I understand in most cases negotiating is the best option...but plenty of contracts out there are fantastic buys at asking price. Passing on those because of some arbitrary desire to pay below asking price can make you miss out on something good.

I'm waiting on ROFR for a BWV contract. I watched listings for weeks...tracked the ROFR board to see what others are paying...then a great contract popped up and I made an offer below asking price. Before the offer was presented to the buyer I called and changed my offer to full asking price which got me the contract. Before I received the contract I found out there were multiple full price backup offers. If I wouldn't have switched to a full price offer...I bet I would have missed out on that contract. And honestly, since then I've only seen 1 other BWV contract that was priced like the one I bought. It it good to negotiate? Absolutely. But in some cases attempting to negotiate will lose you a good contract. You just have to know when to hold 'em...and when to fold 'em.
Good deal can be somewhat subjective, cheapest price is absolute. If you find a contract at a price you are happy paying, be happy with that & enjoy the points!
Old 05-16-2013, 04:21 PM   #2496
Pbuttadad
Earning My Ears

Quote:

What was your BWV offer?
Pbuttadad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:32 PM   #2497
KBrown88
Mouseketeer

We passed ROFR and mailed our contracts in with our final payment. Does anyone know how long it takes Disney to finalize transferring the DVC ownership over to me and get my membership number. I would like to book a vacation ASAP. TIA
KBrown88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:11 PM   #2498
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBrown88 View Post
We passed ROFR and mailed our contracts in with our final payment. Does anyone know how long it takes Disney to finalize transferring the DVC ownership over to me and get my membership number. I would like to book a vacation ASAP. TIA
Closing should be w/in 4-10 days (can be longer) of getting closing papers, depending on how quick the sellers get their documents back to the closing company. If you are a new member, it will take about 14-17 days from closing to get your member # letter in the mail. If you are an existing member, points will show up on your online account on the member website about 7-10 days from closing. Figure about a month from passing ROFR.

Last edited by lovin'fl; 05-16-2013 at 05:16 PM.
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:26 PM   #2499
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

Well day 30 is tomorrow so I called Fidelity since I heard a similar contract from same sellers was taken a few days ago and at 1st they said they had not heard - then it was "oh yea yours was ROFR'd also" thanks for the call or email! Anyhoo... BWV Oct UY 200 - 2011 points and forward 65.00PP and there was an almost identical contract also taken according to Fidelity the same day.

Waiting until the right contract comes - really want my Aug UY so all is good. We are not going until x-mas 2014 so plenty of time!

Good luck to everyone else.

dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:42 PM   #2500
goofydad621
DIS Veteran

soory to hear about your contract. Just day 9 for me trying to be patient.

Good luck searching for your next try:
Been there done that got the t-shirt and going back
goofydad621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:45 PM   #2501
Countryrunner262
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofydad621 View Post
soory to hear about your contract. Just day 9 for me trying to be patient.

Good luck searching for your next try:
We are on day 10, so right there with you!
Countryrunner262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:51 PM   #2502
theguda
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs1228
Well day 30 is tomorrow so I called Fidelity since I heard a similar contract from same sellers was taken a few days ago and at 1st they said they had not heard - then it was "oh yea yours was ROFR'd also" thanks for the call or email! Anyhoo... BWV Oct UY 200 - 2011 points and forward 65.00PP and there was an almost identical contract also taken according to Fidelity the same day.

Waiting until the right contract comes - really want my Aug UY so all is good. We are not going until x-mas 2014 so plenty of time!

Sorry to hear that but keep trying. My 150 pt BWV is on day 17. Paid $68 with 100 2012 banked points (no 2011 points like yours). My fingers are crossed!
Old 05-16-2013, 05:55 PM   #2503
theguda
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs1228

As a point of reference...a BWV contract was approved on 5/13. It was a 300 pt contract, all points for 2011 and forward, $72 per point.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:15 PM   #2504
NoleFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
As a point of reference...a BWV contract was approved on 5/13. It was a 300 pt contract, all points for 2011 and forward, $72 per point.
It is not just price Disney considers- it's also UY, waitlist, & I am sure other stuff that only Disney knows.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:24 PM   #2505
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan View Post
It is not just price Disney considers- it's also UY, waitlist, & I am sure other stuff that only Disney knows.
Although I agree I have not seen any bwv contracts taken in the $70.00 range. The highest so far is 69.00 I believe. I knew I was taking a chance but it was not my uy I really wanted so was not willing to go higher

dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: