DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2013, 01:13 PM   #2101
arachnib
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes!

No common mistake. It is math. And what do you mean, "people like yourself"? How rude. $2800 today, with inflation considered, will not be $2800 in 2042. It will be much more than $2800. And that is a math problem I don't want to figure out right now. There was nothing wrong with my calculations and projections of the cost over the course of the 29 year deed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMC View Post
This is a common mistake made by people like yourself trying to make themselves feel better about their purchase. Your logic would apply if you could actually pay that $2,800 over the next 29 years. But since you can't, it's costing you an extra $2,800 TODAY. If you're ok with that then you should just say so. Nobody is going to judge you personally, they just might debate the merits of your decision. But I will say that I find these mathematical distortions troubling.

arachnib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:30 PM   #2102
The Crusher
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicki.momof3 View Post
I have heard a ton about OKW contracts being bought back. Has anyone had one go through this month?
150 pts/Dec UY - $60 - all 2013 pts forward - buyer paid MF - split on the closing costs - submitted 3/8 - waived ROFR 4/3
The Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2013, 01:35 PM   #2103
nicki.momof3
Addicted to Disney Vacations

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crusher View Post
150 pts/Dec UY - $60 - all 2013 pts forward - buyer paid MF - split on the closing costs - submitted 3/8 - waived ROFR 4/3
OH that's promising. We just put in a offer for a dec. UY with $60 a point. Fingers crossed.
nicki.momof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:41 PM   #2104
fmer55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin'fl View Post
trying to do an update to this thread...only on page 103...wow, this is a lot of work...not sure how mac does it all the time.
He did a great job and I am not vlounteering for the job, but it seems he deserted us about 2 months ago. I hope all is well with him. Not complaining as I truly appreciated ll the hard work.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:46 PM   #2105
fmer55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
OH that's promising. We just put in a offer for a dec. UY with $60 a point. Fingers crossed.
We Love OKW, love it, but I am not sure why people continue to try and buy there when SSR can be had for the same price and virtually no headache. You get 12 more years on your deed, you have lower MF's and you can book just about anything you want for anytime of the year at OKW at the 7 month window.

If you tell me you will only stay HH or GV than I understand completely. Also, not being judgemental, as I said we love OKW and own there, before the ROFR madness. being ROFR'd and starting over again can cost you 1-2 months in the resale game.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:47 PM   #2106
fmer55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
BTW, best of luck
Old 04-22-2013, 01:53 PM   #2107
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotch View Post
Over the years I have been so impressed about the time and effort of the folks who volunteer to keep the 1st page of the ongoing ROFR thread updated. (Thank you all!!). I've wondered if there were good alternatives -- such as a self entered database -- but I assume that folks have considered other methods and figured the cons outweighed the benefits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmer55 View Post
He did a great job and I am not vlounteering for the job, but it seems he deserted us about 2 months ago. I hope all is well with him. Not complaining as I truly appreciated ll the hard work.
I am on page 109. I cut and paste page 1 (just 2013 info) into a word doc and am adding/updating as I go through the posts. I will finish tonight and paste it in the thread. It's interesting because of all the ROFR activity...will be good to see it all together.
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:13 PM   #2108
NoleFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin'fl View Post
I am on page 109. I cut and paste page 1 (just 2013 info) into a word doc and am adding/updating as I go through the posts. I will finish tonight and paste it in the thread. It's interesting because of all the ROFR activity...will be good to see it all together.

Thanks for taking on the task! Can't wait to see it upon completion!
NoleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:48 PM   #2109
lchute1158
Mouseketeer

Just got notice that I passed rofr.

OKW 60 points @ 67 pp. Aug. UY. Buyer pays closing and mf. 52 points for 2013 all 60 there after. TSS.

Disney Fantasy January 25, 2014 (45th birthday cruise!), Disney Wonder May 17, 2014 (Weekend Getaway), Disney Dream Feb 24, 2013
Hong Kong Disneyland 2011, WDW x4, DLR CA x100 plus (Annual Pass Holder)(frequent visitor since 1969)
DVC Owner - AUL, VGC, HHI

lchute1158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:10 PM   #2110
Breyean
DVC Since '93

Quote:
Originally Posted by arachnib View Post
No common mistake. It is math. And what do you mean, "people like yourself"? How rude. $2800 today, with inflation considered, will not be $2800 in 2042. It will be much more than $2800. And that is a math problem I don't want to figure out right now. There was nothing wrong with my calculations and projections of the cost over the course of the 29 year deed.
I really like ELMC's posts, so I'm trying to understand your point here.

Are you saying a dollar in 29 years is worth more than a dollar today because of inflation? I must be misunderstanding you because just the opposite is true.

Inflation erodes the buying power of money, so what you pay Disney today is more valuable than if you could spread out the payments over the next 29 years. Not only do you get the use of the money during that time to invest it, you also benefit from the devaluing effect of inflation over the years.

A dollar paid to DVC today (or $2800 in your example) is worth way more than what that dollar would get you in 29 years, or over the next 29 years, as I think ELMC has stated.

There are lots of sites out there to show this. Here's just the first one that popped up on Google...

http://www.dollartimes.com/calculators/inflation.htm

Maybe if you could use some numbers to show what results you get, it would help your analysis.
Breyean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:28 PM   #2111
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No matter how you made your decision it was the right one for you I do not think you mentioned that the contract came with 2 years worth of points which if rented would bring your PP cost down about 24.00! Enjoy all those points I know I would and if you need help using them you know where to find me!

dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:50 PM   #2112
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissac View Post
I know you all all great buyers but I'm the Seller and recieved closing documents 4/17 and had notorized and sent back and received by closing company 4/20. Buyer has not sent hers back yet. I know it is pretty quick to be anxious but I hear everyone here say they got there papers and had then back and money transferred in a couple of days. I am hoping my buyer is the same as all you guys/gals. It is someone who lives in the states so that shouldn't slow them down.
I am in the same boat! The contract we were selling passed 3/27 took TSS until 4/10 to get us closing documents sent ours back 4/11 notarized and all closing company received them Monday 4/15 still nothing from the buyers who live in Florida!

dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:32 PM   #2113
DisneyDiana
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkolbusz1 View Post
Got an email this morning. We FINALLY got word that we passed!!!!
Sent to rofr 3/21. SSR 150 pts, $63/pp, had seller bank 136 2012 & has all going fwd. Sept uy. Cant wait for everything to be done, need to book our 1st trip quick!
Congratulations! I've been hoping you would hear today!

DisneyDiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:38 PM   #2114
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMC View Post
This is a common mistake made by people like yourself trying to make themselves feel better about their purchase. Your logic would apply if you could actually pay that $2,800 over the next 29 years. But since you can't, it's costing you an extra $2,800 TODAY. If you're ok with that then you should just say so. Nobody is going to judge you personally, they just might debate the merits of your decision. But I will say that I find these mathematical distortions troubling.
Quote:
I apologize if you took offense to my comment, as that was not my intent. By "people like yourself" I meant people who choose to amortize a lump sum initial payment over the life of the contract. Nothing else.

That being said, I still disagree with your analysis. If you were allowed to pay the $96 per year over the next 29 years it would be infinitely better than paying $2,800 right now. Not only is there a cost of use of money factor to consider, but there's also the fact that $96 in 2040 will have much less purchasing power than $96 today. So I stand by my original comment. Please feel free to disagree.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:43 PM   #2115
Fan of Figment
Couldn't imagine life without WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkolbusz1 View Post
Got an email this morning. We FINALLY got word that we passed!!!!
Sent to rofr 3/21. SSR 150 pts, $63/pp, had seller bank 136 2012 & has all going fwd. Sept uy. Cant wait for everything to be done, need to book our 1st trip quick!

Congrats! I know you were on pins & needles! Hope the rest goes quick and easy for you.

Good luck to everyone else waiting to hear!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: