DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2013, 09:00 PM   #1996
kkolbusz1
Mouseketeer

So no one got any news today if they got thru or not? How weird is that?
kkolbusz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:34 PM   #1997
SEC71
Mouseketeer

I heard yesterday that my offer was passed by Disney. I am waiting for closing paperwork.
SEC71 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2013, 02:29 AM   #1998
ytsyts
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ytsyts View Post
...And the problem has not been resolved.... very, very frustrating. The title company said they couldn't trace the wire and now I have to trace through my bank. I have asked specifically who will pay for the additional wire charges if I have to send the funds again (at that time still confident that the fund will find its way back to me), but even for this the title company dodged the answer.

I had expected the broker to at least do something but not a word from her!
Finally the wire amendment was made 2 days ago, and the title company received the fund - but $25 short! Now the title company wants me to send another $25 through. I have already paid for the amendment fees which was due to the mix up (they now claim the account number provided to me in the first time was correct...), which now the title company say it's not their fault and they are not paying.

I sent the full amount and instructed my bank to deduct my account for any associated commissions and charges, and so I expected that they receive the full amount. Later, my bank told me it's probably the receiving bank or it's appointed intermediary charging some fees but my bank and I will not know if they do that or how much, unless the receiving party informs me first. I have waited for more than 24 hours for the title company and still nothing.

Anyone from overseas has any insights to share? This saga seems to go on and on, it's overtaken the joy of owning DVC points.

It's difficult with the 12 hour time diff, but I guess I have to make a call to the title company and find someone higher up to resolve this.
Mexican Riviera on Wonder, Nov 2012
Caribbean on Fantasy, Feb 2014
Caribbean on Fantasy, Mar 2014

ytsyts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:48 AM   #1999
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Finally the wire amendment was made 2 days ago, and the title company received the fund - but $25 short! Now the title company wants me to send another $25 through. I have already paid for the amendment fees which was due to the mix up (they now claim the account number provided to me in the first time was correct...), which now the title company say it's not their fault and they are not paying.

I sent the full amount and instructed my bank to deduct my account for any associated commissions and charges, and so I expected that they receive the full amount. Later, my bank told me it's probably the receiving bank or it's appointed intermediary charging some fees but my bank and I will not know if they do that or how much, unless the receiving party informs me first. I have waited for more than 24 hours for the title company and still nothing.

Anyone from overseas has any insights to share? This saga seems to go on and on, it's overtaken the joy of owning DVC points.

It's difficult with the 12 hour time diff, but I guess I have to make a call to the title company and find someone higher up to resolve this.
when I bought my AKV points the receiving bank deducted $40 to pay for the transfer their end. The title company told me about this upfront and i had to add it on to the amount paid. So i paid the UK charges for sending and the USA charges for receiving. Expensive but no way around it when buying points.
Minniesgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:02 AM   #2000
ytsyts
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniesgal View Post
when I bought my AKV points the receiving bank deducted $40 to pay for the transfer their end. The title company told me about this upfront and i had to add it on to the amount paid. So i paid the UK charges for sending and the USA charges for receiving. Expensive but no way around it when buying points.
Thanks Minniesgal. That's good to know! The title company did not inform me beforehand.
I don't really mind the charges, it's the trouble... And to wire another US$25 will probably cost me US$50 in total for bank charges.

I still cannot believe how the title company is so inexperienced.

Thanks again.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:36 AM   #2001
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Well, bought 100 AKV points recently (to add to our 200 OKW and 75 HH)...just closed in March...and...already back at the add-on-itis. I am actually shocked the DH agreed to this one because I thought he was done adding. Just put in offer on more HH points...we don't 'NEED' them but would make our DVC portfolio just about perfect (just wish our OKW points were BWV...though MIL does LOVE staying at OKW in HH section).

Last edited by lovin'fl; 04-17-2013 at 07:49 AM.
lovin'fl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:45 AM   #2002
Apps
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Thanks Minniesgal. That's good to know! The title company did not inform me beforehand.
I don't really mind the charges, it's the trouble... And to wire another US$25 will probably cost me US$50 in total for bank charges.

Thanks again.
Such a pain! Sometimes I fight stuff like this out of principle but most of the time, I just want to get it over with.
Apps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:40 AM   #2003
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Sorry to hear this but we do work for a company in Singapore that when they wire us the money our bank does charge 25.00 fee. Do you have a credit card that you could pay the additional 25.00 on - all the closing companies take a credit card for the deposit so I would think they would be willing to just charge the 25.00 and be done with it. Good luck

dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:52 AM   #2004
ytsyts
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apps View Post
Such a pain! Sometimes I fight stuff like this out of principle but most of the time, I just want to get it over with.

Thanks for your support! Yes a big part of me wants to fight it out of principle too, but then I can't close on the contract... and I in a time zone 12 hours apart... It doesn't help too, that I go on business trips quite often.

The title company just told me that they don't tell people to include the bank charges beforehand, people will just know that.... they will just pad the wire with extra funds and then the company will credit any leftover back. Excuse me for not as experienced as others about international wire transfer. So how do people know how much extra to pay.

Sorry just letting out some steam. Finally the title company came to their senses and sent me a credit card authorization form for the US$25. Closing in sight I hope.

Old 04-17-2013, 08:55 AM   #2005
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks again.
i suspect the cheapest and quickest way would be to get them to take the $25 from your credit card.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:58 AM   #2006
Meggysmum
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Our title company told us that there would be a receiving fee of $45. However an intermediary bank charged $20 which I wasn't made aware of by my bank when I wired the money. I was not happy as the Title compnay were short by $20 and I had to then do another wire for $20 shortage+$45 for another receiving fee +$20 for the intermediary bank so I ended up very out of pocket. I have no access to a secure fax machine so couldn't send my CC details and the wouldn't take them over the phone so i was stuck with the wire from the UK.
Meggysmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:58 AM   #2007
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meggysmum View Post
Our title company told us that there would be a receiving fee of $45. However an intermediary bank charged $20 which I wasn't made aware of by my bank when I wired the money. I was not happy as the Title compnay were short by $20 and I had to then do another wire for $20 shortage+$45 for another receiving fee +$20 for the intermediary bank so I ended up very out of pocket. I have no access to a secure fax machine so couldn't send my CC details and the wouldn't take them over the phone so i was stuck with the wire from the UK.
I scanned the credit card form and sent it by email that worked for me whan i paid my deposit from the UK.

Also the first time we added on the agent quoted us the wrong amount to pay the bank fees so the agent agreed to absorb the difference. Guess we were lucky.

Also there is a lesson in this that maybe we should get in writing from the closing company exactly how much they need from us including fees before sending cash.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:48 AM   #2008
kkolbusz1
Mouseketeer

Thumbs up

Okay, lets see those passing contracts today! Anyone yet??
kkolbusz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:41 PM   #2009
melissac
DIS Veteran

Closing documents received today(we are the seller). We found out we passed ROFR on 4/15. I thought that was a quick response time by TSS and *** .

Hoping to send documents back tomorrow and that buyer will get hers back quick and we can close early on your vacation house

Offsite 1978, DL offsite 1991 NYE, WDW offsite 1995, CBC and DC 2001, POFQ 2006, Purchased DVC 2006, OKW May 2007, CBC Dec. 2007, SSR Jan. 2008,OKW Oct 2008, AS Movies Jan 2009, HRH & THV Oct 2009, BWV Sept 2010, RPR, SSR & OKW Jan 2011, OKW & DLR Dec 2012, OKW Oct 2013, POR May 2014
melissac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:34 PM   #2010
kenly777
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissac View Post
Closing documents received today(we are the seller). We found out we passed ROFR on 4/15. I thought that was a quick response time by TSS and *** .

Hoping to send documents back tomorrow and that buyer will get hers back quick and we can close early on your vacation house
Congrats! Love that speedy timeline

Many years of staying off site before 1990, 1990 CBR Honeymoon, 1999 CSR, 2005 Rental House, 2008 SS, 2010 Rental House, 2012 POR, 2013 OKW/BCV, 2014 BWV
kenly777 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: