DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2013, 05:23 PM   #1936
Rmgdisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenly777 View Post
WELCOME HOME to all three of you! I bought BWV in February and share your excitement

Here's to more resales making it through!
Good luck to all who are waiting to hear
We also just found out that we passed ROFR we are so thrilled we passed this time with SSR! Congrats to all who passed today
Rmgdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:35 PM   #1937
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disfanforlife View Post
I take back what I just said. Just received an email saying that Disney waved ROFR!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by disfanforlife View Post
I was so excited I forgot to post details.
BWV 100 points September UY $70/point
Buyers pays MF and closing costs
100 - 2013 points and all forward
Sent ROFR 3/17
Disney waived 4/15
Now - just waiting on paperwork - so I can sign and pay!
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! Welcome home neighbor! Can't wait till you get to take your first trip to Boardwalk!
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Missyrose is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2013, 05:43 PM   #1938
DisneyDiana
DIS Veteran

I just got an email from Shontell, our 75 point VWL passed today!

DisneyDiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:45 PM   #1939
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Original Post:
I don't know if this is a trend, just my luck or a result of the increased direct-buy prices....I have now had two BCV contracts I inquired about (one about a month ago and one last week at two different resellers) that sold for higher than the listed price. I saw the contract and called immediately and was told that several people expressed interest. I gave the reseller a price and in both cases, over the next few hours, they called/texted back the counter offer from the other potential buyers. In both cases, once the price got above the initial listed price, I backed out. I understand the reseller trying to get the highest price possible for the seller but something just didn't pass the smell test to me. Call me stubborn or stupid or maybe it was the principal of the matter. What do you DVCers think? Should I be suspicious or is it just a sign of the times?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan View Post
Had that experience with 1 resale company who will not get any business from me. Seems kind of unethical.
It just seemed off to me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silmarg View Post
Hey Bill! U buying AGAIN! Lol.

Sounds a bit smarmy to me. Stand your ground and be patient. Disney's pockets are only so deep. They won't keep buying back forever and u will find another contract that fits like Drew Brees in a Saints uniform. WHO DAT!
I agree Sil. There will always be another one around the corner one day. As for Drew, I'm not worried about him...it's some of those others that I hope fit in this year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkny View Post
What was the size and ask price on the bcv contracts.
One was 100pt that started out at $79 and ended up selling for $87. The other was a 200pt contract that started at $83 and ended up selling for $89. The 200pt contract was loaded with 2011 & 2012 pts. Both were Aug UY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandisw View Post
A few months ago, I would have said that it was unusual but given the stuff going on with resale, number of people who are on waiting lists for BCV via direct, I can believe that there possible was a bidding war for those contracts.

Just look at the websites--they are getting pretty bare for some of the resorts and in the last 4 years since I have been looking at those sites, I never remember so limited availability.
I agree about the limited availability, especially for BCV. I inquired about buying direct and Disney would not even venture a guess on how long it would take.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMC View Post
I agree with Sandi in so much as I wouldn't be crying foul per se, and I do think it is a sign of the times. But I will also say that it reflects poorly on the listing broker for a few reasons. First off, they should be more aware of the market and should be advising sellers to list for more reasonable prices. The second reason is that it is a bit of a deviation from their typical way of doing business. They are not like real estate agents who are obligated to get the best deal for their clients. They are required by law to present all offers, but they really have no obligation to entertain a bidding war. In the past a full priced offer meant the contract was sold. I'm not sure I'm comfortable with this new way of doing business. I'm definitely not comfortable with a broker provoking a bidding war by openly sharing all the active bids on a contract with the bidders.

That being said, given that I'm not an attorney I can't say that the brokers are in violation of any laws or rules. I'm simply saying that it is a pretty significant change that I'm not very comfortable with.
It has definately started tilting towards a sellers' market.

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
saintstickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:53 PM   #1940
kkolbusz1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDiana View Post
I just got an email from Shontell, our 75 point VWL passed today!
WHat co did u go thru & what day did day did u g o to rofr?
kkolbusz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:05 PM   #1941
DisneyDiana
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkolbusz1 View Post
WHat co did u go thru & what day did day did u g o to rofr?
I went with Shontell Crawford (dvcbyresale). She has been great! We had our offer accepted, got our contract two hours later, and sent to ROFR the next day which was 3/19. Good luck I know you will hear soon.

DisneyDiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:08 PM   #1942
Silver19
Avocado Margarita

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordwitt View Post
It was on my tiny BWV contract, so I guess that means we're going to be "neighbors," Silver!
Good stuff! Congrats on your HH contract too! We're definitely among the lucky this time around.
Silver19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:10 PM   #1943
kkolbusz1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDiana View Post
I went with Shontell Crawford (dvcbyresale). She has been great! We had our offer accepted, got our contract two hours later, and sent to ROFR the next day which was 3/19. Good luck I know you will hear soon.
THanks & congrats:-)
kkolbusz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:28 PM   #1944
disneysled
Earning My Ears

Disney once again took our contract - this was our second attempt not sure I have it in me to try again

VB 150 (Sept UY) $40 150 banked 2012, all 2013 pts forward
disneysled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:45 PM   #1945
Rmgdisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneysled View Post
Disney once again took our contract - this was our second attempt not sure I have it in me to try again

VB 150 (Sept UY) $40 150 banked 2012, all 2013 pts forward
I'm so sorry to hear that. I know how you feel, our first time Disney took the contract. We really didn't think we would try again. After a week passed I couldn't help myself and looked at the resales and put an offer in. This time we passed. If this is something you really want then I think you should try again. Best of luck to you.
Rmgdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:49 PM   #1946
keenandt
Earning My Ears

Just passed ROFR on BLT $86 a point...160 points, February month. Disney took all 30 days before passing through.
keenandt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:18 PM   #1947
AddieAidey
Earning My Ears

Passed SSR

We just passed ROFR today! SSR 160 points dec UY- Triple Loaded- All '11, '12, 13' and beyond- $66 per point- Buyer pays closing and 2013 MF

Since the 2011 points expire 11/30/13 we are toying with the idea of renting those out with daddio to supplement the cost, which would bring down the per point cost to $55.

We just went to Orlando in February but if we can swing it and the dates are open by the time we close, hubby and I may head to Aulani for a few days ALONE!! Ahhhh! Seems silly but we need an adult vacation.

Those points are going to burn a whole in my pocket!!
Aulani Nov 2013
GCV Sep 2014
Aulani Feb 2015
Disney Wonder Oct 2015
AddieAidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:36 PM   #1948
zgirlz
Earning My Ears

Congrats to all who have passed! For others who have failed, be persistent. We have failed twice at OKW, have a third try in for SSR, 225pts. $65 per, no pts. Till June 2014. Both OKW were loaded, so figured we would try this one. From what I'm seeing great deals can still be had. If we pass will be looking for a smaller contract different location, will try to get a better price! Again congrats to all hope to be one of you very soon!
zgirlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:40 PM   #1949
Fan of Figment
Couldn't imagine life without WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddieAidey
We just passed ROFR today! SSR 160 points dec UY- Triple Loaded- All '11, '12, 13' and beyond- $66 per point- Buyer pays closing and 2013 MF

Since the 2011 points expire 11/30/13 we are toying with the idea of renting those out with daddio to supplement the cost, which would bring down the per point cost to $55.

We just went to Orlando in February but if we can swing it and the dates are open by the time we close, hubby and I may head to Aulani for a few days ALONE!! Ahhhh! Seems silly but we need an adult vacation.

Those points are going to burn a whole in my pocket!!
Congrats! We just did the same exact thing. Our ssr contract came with 131 "extra" points. We booked a 3 night October stay for just DH and I, and sold 90 other points which will more than cover our trip expenses.

Oh, and as a sidenote, the rental took all of one day through David's. Highly recommend them!
Old 04-15-2013, 08:38 PM   #1950
gncntry
Mouseketeer

Disney just exercised ROFR

OKW, 60 points, March UY, only 10 points for 2013. Offer was $58/point and Disney took it.....

POR - 2007, BCV - 2010, SSR- 2011, BWV - 2012, BCV, SSR, BWV - 2013
gncntry is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: