DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-13-2013, 05:03 PM   #1876
Silver19
Avocado Margarita
 
Silver19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniesgal View Post
We have just received notification that we passes. 115 VGC points $110. Submitted to Disney on 22nd March. I knew we were paying a good price so I wasn't worried about that but I was a bit concerned as we are currently on the waitlist to buy them direct.
Congratulations!
Silver19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:11 PM   #1877
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,090

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver19 View Post
Here's my first timeline update:

Accepted contract March 8
Mailed contract paperwork to broker March 9
Sent to Disney March 14
ROFR Waiver April 9
Closing Documents received April 12
Closing Documents mailed back (with check) April 13

I think my work is done. Anyone have a guess as to when the next steps might occur? I'm a novice.
It can depend where your seller is located. We currently live in Paris and have to go to the US embassy to get Notary services for which there can be a 3 week delay. So if your sellers live outside the USA that can bring in a delay.
Minniesgal is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-13-2013, 06:50 PM   #1878
PCMama
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 153

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniesgal
We have just received notification that we passes. 115 VGC points $110. Submitted to Disney on 22nd March. I knew we were paying a good price so I wasn't worried about that but I was a bit concerned as we are currently on the waitlist to buy them direct.
Congratulations! What use year and was it loaded? After getting my first contract taken by the mouse we submitted another try last week to Disney. But I'm nervous.
PCMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:47 AM   #1879
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,090

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCMama View Post
Congratulations! What use year and was it loaded? After getting my first contract taken by the mouse we submitted another try last week to Disney. But I'm nervous.

August UY. And yes it was loaded. Some 2011 points all 2012 and forwards
Minniesgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:39 AM   #1880
PCMama
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 153

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniesgal

August UY. And yes it was loaded. Some 2011 points all 2012 and forwards
Yay!!!
PCMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:43 AM   #1881
disfanforlife
DIS Veteran
 
disfanforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 1,854

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver19 View Post
Here's my first timeline update:

Accepted contract March 8
Mailed contract paperwork to broker March 9
Sent to Disney March 14
ROFR Waiver April 9
Closing Documents received April 12
Closing Documents mailed back (with check) April 13

I think my work is done. Anyone have a guess as to when the next steps might occur? I'm a novice.
I don't, but a a resale novice too. But I hope if goes quickly for you. When are. You planning to make your first reservation for?
__________________
MeDH DD(20) DD(19) DS(14)
disfanforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:45 AM   #1882
disfanforlife
DIS Veteran
 
disfanforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 1,854

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
Our BCV contract was taken maybe 2 weeks ago...

Amanda
What is your plan now? Are you going to wait awhile to look for another contract?
__________________
MeDH DD(20) DD(19) DS(14)
disfanforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:48 AM   #1883
Silver19
Avocado Margarita
 
Silver19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 178

Quote:
Originally Posted by disfanforlife View Post
I don't, but a a resale novice too. But I hope if goes quickly for you. When are. You planning to make your first reservation for?
We already have a trip booked in October, half cash and half DVC points (we have a 50 point contract that we bought direct). I'll probably see if I can just use my new points to buy out the nights for which I've paid cash.

If that won't work, I'll book a second trip in January.
Silver19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:24 AM   #1884
disfanforlife
DIS Veteran
 
disfanforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 1,854

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver19 View Post
We already have a trip booked in October, half cash and half DVC points (we have a 50 point contract that we bought direct). I'll probably see if I can just use my new points to buy out the nights for which I've paid cash.

If that won't work, I'll book a second trip in January.
That sounds like a good plan. We have a trip booked for November with our AKV points. Would love to plan one for BWV March (if available and )if our contract goes through....
__________________
MeDH DD(20) DD(19) DS(14)
disfanforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:19 AM   #1885
DisneyDiana
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyDiana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 562

My VWL contract went to ROFR on 3/19 so I should be hearing soon. I just saw someone on another board who submitted 3/22 had their Vwl taken by Disney last week with the same UY (Aug) as mine. I did pay more per point since my contract is smaller. We shall see... Neither was loaded.
__________________


DisneyDiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:28 AM   #1886
cz4ever
Imagineer-in-training
 
cz4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 199

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
BCV 160 points August UY $68 per point; buyer pays closing and MF. No 2012 points. All 2013 points.

We submitted on 3/13 and Disney took it on 4/1.

Amanda
Ouch. Very sorry to hear it. The days of discount BWV/BCV contracts getting past the mouse seem to be dead as can be.
cz4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:43 AM   #1887
Splashboat
Always looking for cheap airfare
 
Splashboat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 619

Not having good luck with Fidelity.
Called and talked to Shawn (a couple of weeks ago) in the early morning. I told her I am aware it is a sellers market right now but I want to put in a lower offer on a contract and I want to put in a 48 hour stipulation on it because I don't want to be held up if something else comes along. She said not to worry because this seller will respond quickly. She then said, 'I will get back to you after I speak to her.' and she was going to hang up.
I asked 'How much are you telling her I am offering?' (because I hadn't said the amount yet). She laughed and said 'Yes, I need to know that.'

Needless to say, late in the evening the next night I called to check because I had not heard from her. She had me hold while she went through emails. She said 'She refused and said the offer was too low.' I asked if I could make another higher offer. She said 'Yes' and took the offer. Shawn then said she was going to try to get the woman on the phone this time.
I never heard back but noticed the listing was removed from the site last week.

Last week (it might have been Tuesday but I think it was Wed.) I called her to put an offer in on another contract (I wanted to pay asking price on this one). She was on another line and I was told she would call me back if I left a voice mail.
Still waiting.......
If I see another Fidelity contract I am interested in, is it okay to ask for the other agent (I believe her name is Sharon?) - or is it already assumed I have to deal w/Shawn because she already spoke to me a couple of times? I am not looking to cause an issue among them.


I understand it is busy for them but it still seems like she should be a bit more organized w/customer service. I don't have any confidence in her.



(I realized I probably should have started a new thread rather then post here - sorry)

Last edited by Splashboat; 04-14-2013 at 09:51 AM.
Splashboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:56 AM   #1888
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,090

I think things have gone a bit crazy and they are probably a bit swamped. I always got the impression they had less staff per listing than others. I think you need to be a bit more proactive than normal at the moment and call her back if she doesn't call you as if you don't someone else will get an offer in I between. Keep looking and good luck
Minniesgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:35 AM   #1889
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran
 
lovin'fl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 4,008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splashboat View Post
Not having good luck with Fidelity.
Called and talked to Shawn (a couple of weeks ago) in the early morning. I told her I am aware it is a sellers market right now but I want to put in a lower offer on a contract and I want to put in a 48 hour stipulation on it because I don't want to be held up if something else comes along. She said not to worry because this seller will respond quickly. She then said, 'I will get back to you after I speak to her.' and she was going to hang up.
I asked 'How much are you telling her I am offering?' (because I hadn't said the amount yet). She laughed and said 'Yes, I need to know that.'

Needless to say, late in the evening the next night I called to check because I had not heard from her. She had me hold while she went through emails. She said 'She refused and said the offer was too low.' I asked if I could make another higher offer. She said 'Yes' and took the offer. Shawn then said she was going to try to get the woman on the phone this time.
I never heard back but noticed the listing was removed from the site last week.

Last week (it might have been Tuesday but I think it was Wed.) I called her to put an offer in on another contract (I wanted to pay asking price on this one). She was on another line and I was told she would call me back if I left a voice mail.
Still waiting.......
If I see another Fidelity contract I am interested in, is it okay to ask for the other agent (I believe her name is Sharon?) - or is it already assumed I have to deal w/Shawn because she already spoke to me a couple of times? I am not looking to cause an issue among them.


I understand it is busy for them but it still seems like she should be a bit more organized w/customer service. I don't have any confidence in her.



(I realized I probably should have started a new thread rather then post here - sorry)
You can ask for Sharon. I was dealing with Rachel before she quit and had some issues and started dealing with Sharon. Though, that wasn't tremendously better and we ended up not buying through them. Not sure why folks continue to use http://www.fidelityresales.com/dvc-resales.php and pay that ridiculous $195 fee to do so.
__________________
DVC since 2006
Next trip(s): Jan 24-26 at HHI
Aug 1-8 at BWV & AKV
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:19 AM   #1890
Splashboat
Always looking for cheap airfare
 
Splashboat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 619

lovin'fl, I hear you. Lately it seems like Fidelity has the most inventory though. Went through TTS last time and had a great experience - just haven't seen many listings I am looking for with them lately. Luckily I am not in a rush so I will watch over the next several months and hope things get better for the buyers.
Splashboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: