DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2013, 02:22 PM   #1621
Hunclemarco
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmer55 View Post
So Mac, I am not sure you want to handle this on your data collection. On february 26 I passed ROFR at $75 on a BLT Feb contract. Closing funds sent to title company on 3/13. Well today I was informed that the seller does not have the funds to close(they owed some money also). And they sent an email today stating that they can no longer move forward with the sale.

So for the threads purpose it did pass, but never closed.
So sorry to hear this

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

January 1979 Offsite; January 1992 POR; March 1999Honeymoon ; May 2002 CBR; May 2008 Offsite; November 2008 CBR March 2009 DVC SSR, BCV; August 2009 DVC AKV,BCV; December 2009 DVC SSR; February 2010 DVC BCV; November 2010 DVC BWV; May 2011 POP; March 2012 DCL Dream and POP; May 2012 POP; April 2013 DVC BCV; November 2013 CSR; Yacht Club, DCL Dream and BWV May 2014, SSR and AKV-Jambo September 2014
Hunclemarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:26 PM   #1622
jenbelles
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkolbusz1 View Post
AHHHHH! Congrats. So....we surely should pass, yes? all these SSR's are passing. Come on. Give me a yes! This waiting is killing me! Watch, all you guys are passing & we won't. Love my negativity don't you?! LOL
I am definitely keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!!! The only real difference is the UY and mine had less 2012 points left.
jenbelles is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2013, 02:28 PM   #1623
jenbelles
Mouseketeer

Quote:
So Mac, I am not sure you want to handle this on your data collection. On february 26 I passed ROFR at $75 on a BLT Feb contract. Closing funds sent to title company on 3/13. Well today I was informed that the seller does not have the funds to close(they owed some money also). And they sent an email today stating that they can no longer move forward with the sale.

That is horrible! How in the world does the seller let it get that far!!!!
jenbelles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:29 PM   #1624
cm8
Half of the time we're rushing around to get things done last minute or we realize we're running behind so we need to catch up

Quote:
Originally Posted by racinghank View Post
I just received an email that Disney has waived their right of first refusal on this contract!
Congrats!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom23WildBoys View Post
we got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so happy!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats!
Quote:
Originally Posted by macd77 View Post
I just received word that we passed!!!!
Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2mm View Post
Just heard from my DD and she passed!! SSR 150pts. (Aug UY), 8 2011 pts, 90 2012 pts, 150 2013 pts. She paid $50 pp. ROFR submitted on 3/4/13, so it took 30 days.
Congrats! to your DD let the planning begin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbelles View Post
Got the email today that Disney waived ROFR!!! Now I can stop stressing about ROFR and start stressing about closing!!! LOL!!!
Congrats!
cm8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:07 PM   #1625
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

Quote:

I am so sorry to hear this...does it not make you wonder, though, how they got this far before realizing they couldn't complete the deal...

I hope something comes through for you soon...it does seem that the ROFR bug isn't quite as hungry for BLT...

Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:23 PM   #1626
toniosmom
AKV, BCV, BLT Owner!

Quote:

That's really a shame. It appears that the sellers are motivated to sell for financial reasons, so it's sad that they can't come up with the funds to close. Is this one of those situations where they can somewhat "return" the contract to Disney? I don't know if Disney does this or not.

Sorry you lost your purchase because of the sellers situation. I hope you find a new contract very soon.

1974 - Offsite 1976 - Offsite 1997 - Dixie Landings 1998 - Offsite 2008 - All Star Movies - Became new DVC member! March 2009 - SSR - First DVC Vacation!
March 2010 - AKV-Kidani Dec 2010 - BLT Christmas Trip April 2011 - BCV Nov 2011- BWV/DCL Dream March 2013 - BLT/DCL Dream April 2014 - VGF/DCL Dream Sept 2014 - VWL
toniosmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:24 PM   #1627
fmer55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandisw View Post
I am so sorry to hear this...does it not make you wonder, though, how they got this far before realizing they couldn't complete the deal...

I hope something comes through for you soon...it does seem that the ROFR bug isn't quite as hungry for BLT...
thanks. It will come.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:27 PM   #1628
fmer55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by toniosmom View Post
That's really a shame. It appears that the sellers are motivated to sell for financial reasons, so it's sad that they can't come up with the funds to close. Is this one of those situations where they can somewhat "return" the contract to Disney? I don't know if Disney does this or not.

Sorry you lost your purchase because of the sellers situation. I hope you find a new contract very soon.
this is exactly what is going to happen. They are already in default. Dis will take it back and sell foir $165.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:50 PM   #1629
DizBub
Totally Addicted

Quote:

Sorry to hear it Mike. How incredibly frustrating. Makes me wonder why in the world did they agree to sell for such a low (great deal for you) price? They must have known how much they needed in order to pay off their loan and the broker doesn't do this for free........

Better luck on the next one.
DizBub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:06 PM   #1630
JamesA1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by macd77 View Post

I just received word that we passed!!!!
Congrads.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:08 PM   #1631
JamesA1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbelles View Post

Got the email today that Disney waived ROFR!!! Now I can stop stressing about ROFR and start stressing about closing!!! LOL!!!
I know the feeling. Now checking email for closing docs.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:21 PM   #1632
sol2338
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by racinghank View Post

I just received an email that Disney has waived their right of first refusal on this contract!
That's great! Do you mind me asking which company you went with?
sol2338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:49 PM   #1633
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I am so sorry...I know it's frustrating. We made an offer in Dec and signed contract and sent deposit and it went off to ROFR and then 8 days in, we got word that the contract was cancelled. It was upsetting and then trying to find another contract that fit our needs took some time. I can't even imagine it getting all the way to us sending in closing docs and final payment....how awful. I hope you have no trouble finding a new contract. Good luck on the hunt!
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:08 PM   #1634
macd77
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesA1 View Post

Congrads.
Thanks James. Can't wait to tell my family.
macd77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:35 PM   #1635
Illini Al
Mouseketeer

I learned today from Fidelity that I passed ROFR! Here is my timeline so far:

170 SSR Points, Feb UY
0 '13 Points
170 '14 Points and beyond
$49 PP
Seller pays '13 MFs. I pay closing costs and Fidelity admin fee.

Offer made: 2/21
Offer accepted: 2/25
Signed contract: 2/28
Sent to ROFR: 3/4
Passed ROFR: 4/3

Now the wait for the closing docs begins.....
Illini Al is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: