Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 07:04 PM   #1
MissBenilda
USAF Vet/Disney Dork

My Disney proposal!

So we planned a week long Disney stay for our 1 year anniversary of being together. We stayed at CSR from September 23 - 28 and we're placed in Ranchos area. I had requested either casitas or cabanas when i initially made the reservation, but i guess they didnt have any rooms available, but the front desk lady gave us anniversary buttons and a voucher for a free champagne toast at one of the hotel bars (i dont drink so i saved it for my memory book).

He kept hounding me asking what days i wanted to do what parks so he could know for who knows why, and i told him it all depends on what parks have the extra magic hours on what days (its his first real trip to all the parks). I decided we'd do Epcot on our anniversary because we'd be done early enough to make it to our 7pm dinner reservations in Downtown Disney, and we could do Magic Kingdom the next day.

When we spent the next day at Magic Kingdom and i was so drained from the sun. I wore a cute Snow White inspired outfit i put together just for that day at that park but i felt like a sweaty horrible mess lol. I was finally ready to go at the end of the day (like 530ish lol) but my boyfriend insisted we take another photo in front of the castle.

We had a friend of ours show up at the park to hang out with us and she went to find a photopass photographer to shoot us. In the middle of our photos, my bf yelled out in front of everyone "Excuse me, i have an announcement to make!" and got on one knee. I couldnt believe it! I was so shocked and overwhelmed with emotion that i started crying LOL but of course i said yes!!! This was the proposal of my dreams. I love Disney so much and i always wanted a disney proposal! I cant believe it happened, i had no idea, and i still cant believe it. Everyone around us started clapping and cheering! We got it all on video too thanks to our friend who was with us!

So if u were at Magic Kingdom on September 26 right after the last Move it! Shake it! Celebrate it! parade then maybe u saw us LOL. Just thought i'd share my magical experience with u guys! Definitely the happiest place on earth! :D

2013 Disney Princess Half Marathon
2014 Glass Slipper Challenge
Old 10-01-2012, 07:18 PM   #2
Cinderella909
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBenilda View Post
So we planned a week long Disney stay for our 1 year anniversary of being together. We stayed at CSR from September 23 - 28 and we're placed in Ranchos area. I had requested either casitas or cabanas when i initially made the reservation, but i guess they didnt have any rooms available, but the front desk lady gave us anniversary buttons and a voucher for a free champagne toast at one of the hotel bars (i dont drink so i saved it for my memory book).

He kept hounding me asking what days i wanted to do what parks so he could know for who knows why, and i told him it all depends on what parks have the extra magic hours on what days (its his first real trip to all the parks). I decided we'd do Epcot on our anniversary because we'd be done early enough to make it to our 7pm dinner reservations in Downtown Disney, and we could do Magic Kingdom the next day.

When we spent the next day at Magic Kingdom and i was so drained from the sun. I wore a cute Snow White inspired outfit i put together just for that day at that park but i felt like a sweaty horrible mess lol. I was finally ready to go at the end of the day (like 530ish lol) but my boyfriend insisted we take another photo in front of the castle.

We had a friend of ours show up at the park to hang out with us and she went to find a photopass photographer to shoot us. In the middle of our photos, my bf yelled out in front of everyone "Excuse me, i have an announcement to make!" and got on one knee. I couldnt believe it! I was so shocked and overwhelmed with emotion that i started crying LOL but of course i said yes!!! This was the proposal of my dreams. I love Disney so much and i always wanted a disney proposal! I cant believe it happened, i had no idea, and i still cant believe it. Everyone around us started clapping and cheering! We got it all on video too thanks to our friend who was with us!

So if u were at Magic Kingdom on September 26 right after the last Move it! Shake it! Celebrate it! parade then maybe u saw us LOL. Just thought i'd share my magical experience with u guys! Definitely the happiest place on earth! :D

Best wishes! May all your dreams come true! Sounds like a wonderful proposal!

Karen
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 07:20 PM   #3
Kims09
Mouseketeer

Lucky girl with an awesome proposal! Congratulations!
Old 10-01-2012, 07:29 PM   #4
ShortStuff
Mouseketeer

woo hoo and congratulations!!! He sounds like an awesome guy and I hope you will be very happy!!!! Is there a Disneymoom in your future??

Sept. 2012 TR: It's a Jungle Out There!!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2989662
Old 10-01-2012, 08:49 PM   #5
nycdisneygal
Mouseketeer

congratulations! how romantic! love the outfit!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: