Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 12:23 AM   #16
helenlsea
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellinLouisian View Post
I am Not a Park Hopper Fan... unless your family enjoys spending time on Transportation between the parks rather than being at an attraction/Ride within a park...

I would Plan a day for each Park... whether it be MK, Epcot, DHS or AK.

If you can tell us more about your teens we disers can help you choose your parks.

I agree with MM and PP's... MK is a Staple... you will need to head to MK.

But which is your second park?

DHS: Thrill Rides and Great shows
AK: Animals and Great shows
Epcot: Great learning experiences, The Sea, large park and World showcase.

So if you clue us in to what your kids will be looking for... we can help you choose your parks although as with most of us.... it's like picking your favorite child. We don't have a favorite We love them all.....
Problem is, it would be picking a child because one loves animals, thrill rides & Harry Potter, one loves all movies, particularly the old animated movies and the 13 year old is interested in anything.
helenlsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:57 PM   #17
TinkerbellinLouisian
I think I'm going on my 21st visit in 47 years...

Parks

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenlsea View Post
Problem is, it would be picking a child because one loves animals, thrill rides & Harry Potter, one loves all movies, particularly the old animated movies and the 13 year old is interested in anything.
1) Magic Kingdom
Thrill Rides: The Mountains - Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Splash Mountain. Animated Movies: Mickey's Philharmagic in Fantasyland. Other: Buzz Lightyear, Monsters Laugh Inc, Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion. Don't miss Wishes Fireworks.

2) Animal Kingdom
Thrill Ride: Expedition Everest (I'm skipping Kali because IOA has a much better water ride). Animals: EVERYWHERE.... Kilamanjaro Safari, trails, etc. Lion King show is excellent.

3) Disneys Hollywood Studios: Thrill Rides Rockin Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror. Movies: The Great Movie Ride. If they like Beauty & Beast/ Voyage of the Mermaid / Indiana Jones / Star Wars there are shows/rides for those as well. Don't miss Toy Story Mid Mania. Definitely do Fantasmic, I recommend the dining package.

4) Universal Studios/ Islands of Adventure: You can get a 2 park one day pass and That's what we have done lately with our teenagers... skipping the "Little kid" attractions.
Universal Studios: MANY Movie oriented rides, Funny animal show. Thrill Ride :Rip ride rocket and The Mummy rides. Simpsons is my favorite but it's a simulator. Show at the end of the night highlights Universal movies - very nice.
Islands of Adventure: The MOST Thrill rides of all the parks - Dueling Dragons, The Hulk are the scariest. Harry Potter is a Super ride... Spiderman is too. Not much on Animals (except dinosaurs) here.

This has you skipping EPCOT which breaks my heart but you'll need a full four days for the above and still won't see everything.
Let me know if you need touring advice for the above...

Have a magical visit !

Mary
1970 - (I was 5...it was just a movie being shown back then...still being built)...1974 - WDW - ?...1976 - DL - On the way to moving from CA to FL...1977 - WDW Lake Buena Vista...1981 - WDW High School Dance Competition...1982 - H.S. Dance Competition.....1983 - H.S. Dance Competition...1985 - Offsite...1991 - Offsite (HJ)..1993 - AS Movies...1994 - Offsite ...1995 - AS Music .....1997 - Offsite...1998 - Offsite...2000 - Offsite...2002 - Polynesian (Got Married!)...2004 - Beach Club...2006 - Beach Club...2008 - Beach Club...2010 May 9-14 BCV Graduation Celebration with DS18...2012 Surprising Family on details May Visit to WDW

TinkerbellinLouisian is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: