Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 06:53 PM   #1
mslhb
Mouseketeer

MVMCP with younger kids?

I am on the fence about getting tickets for MVMCP. Trip will be DH, me and DD (4.5). I worry DD wont make it very long through the party. For those that have gone with pre-school age kids what has been your experience?
Old 10-01-2012, 07:11 PM   #2
Lavaluma
Earning My Ears

We went last November with our 2 sons. At the time, one was 3 and the other was 5. They had lots of fun and we felt it was definitely worth going. It was our favorite part of the trip and I'll never forget their faces. Normally, my kids go to bed at 8:00 and we were concerned they would have problems staying awake. So, we got up early that morning, but went back to the room at noon to relax/nap before the party. We went to MK around 5:00. The youngest fell asleep around 10:30 and the oldest was asleep by 11:00.
Lavaluma is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 07:50 PM   #3
jillianjigs7
DVC Member

Our DD has gone twice and last year at Christmas she was just 21 months old and lasted all the way until midnight believe it or not. We went in around 6 and stayed until 12 because she was still going strong! Usually she's in bed by 8pm so we were surprised. But the parade was great and she loved the atmosphere! Definitely a must do. We are taking her again this December and we can't wait!

jillianjigs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:58 PM   #4
CraftyMommy
Mouseketeer

My son was 23 months when he went to his first MVMCP. We had a great evening. He enjoyed it as much as we did. And when he conked out, it was ok because he was in a stroller. One of my favorite parts to MVMCP is to get a seat at the tables near the Main Street Bakery at the end of the evening. Listen to the festive music, watch the snow falling on Main Street, people watch, and enjoy the castle changing colors. Take pictures of the castle after the crowd has left and take pictures of the Main Street decorations without a ton of people in the picture. Then slowly exit the park.
CraftyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:01 AM   #5
mslhb
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the responses! This definitely helps push me towards buying the tickets.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:27 PM   #6
kohlby
DIS Veteran

I have not but really think it's going to depend on your specific kid. We've been to Disney several times that time of year and will be again next month- but it wouldn't work for my kids. My kids won't nap in a stroller. They won't nap back at the room either - not even at 2 years old. They won't sleep in. So, it's a pretty easy decision for us not to go. My 6 year old is a bear if she doesn't get enough sleep at night even so she's not ready for it. Think about your child. How does your child do staying up for other special things? Once a month, my daughter does stay up to 9:30 for something and we always pay for it the next day. But other kids may fall asleep in the stroller. Or sleep in the next day. Or take a nap back at the room.
kohlby is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: