Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 11:44 AM   #16
Magalex
DIS Veteran

Wow great to hear such wonderful things about Carsland. We are planning our first DL trip for July. Is it summer yet?
WDW 2010-POP
WDW 2012-CBR
DL/DCA 2013-Candy Cane Inn
WDW and Sea World Orlando June 2014- The "B" resort in DTD
WDW 2015-POR
Magalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:47 PM   #17
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyismyheart247 View Post
I used to be an attractions Cast Member at Disneyland, and I can tell you unless the child is obviously too small to ride, they're not measured I don't think your child will have a problem
ummmm wrong!! Your child WILL be measured and likely more than once! I saw lots of kids being measured and our kids were measured until they were 9!

OP isn't it GREAT? It's now my place to be in DCA. I think I could just go and sit on Rt 66 and life would be a dream.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 12:50 PM   #18
rockchick04
Earning My Ears

Get your child platforms.

I was there this past weekend and sadly, Radiator Springs broke down for like an hour towards the end of the night on Sunday. So I didn't get to go on it, but the land is SUPER cute. Got my cone drink.
rockchick04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:43 PM   #19
disneyismyheart247
Living the California and Disney Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71

ummmm wrong!! Your child WILL be measured and likely more than once! I saw lots of kids being measured and our kids were measured until they were 9!

OP isn't it GREAT? It's now my place to be in DCA. I think I could just go and sit on Rt 66 and life would be a dream.
Why are you yelling?

For the most part, kids are not measured at DL.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:46 PM   #20
disneyismyheart247
Living the California and Disney Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by viaggiamo

Oh wow, really??? DS is only 39"-39.5" depending on what time of day it is and what shoes he has on and we were going to completely skip this ride due to the heartbreak that would ensue if he couldn't go on it.

Do you think we should just try?
I'd still try, though everyone is saying they're measuring everyone in Cars Land. Must be different in Cars Land, as I never once measured a kid as a CM. Not to mention the tiny tots that are always on Space and Thunder. You won't know unless you try!
Old 10-02-2012, 03:51 PM   #21
Tinkerbell2012
Earning My Ears

We did a couple of things when our little guy was too short for a ride that we thought he would enjoy. First - cut out cardboard inserts (several layers of them) in his platform shoes. They were more like slip ons. The other thing was to sew in cotton balls in his baseball cap. Only once did a CM have him remove it for a measurement. Granted he couldn't walk too well but we just carried him when we had to walk fast. We did this several trips and it worked like a charm!
Tinkerbell2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:37 PM   #22
O-Jo
Mouseketeer

Can someone give details about RSR please? What do you think the reason is for the height requirement? How fast is it, are the restraints individual or by row, etc? Can I have my arm on or around DS to help secure him? (I still do that sometimes with my 8yr old, it's just the Mom in me! But the 3yr old, definitely!)
DL - Paradise Pier 8/2008
WDW - Wilderness Lodge 4/2011
WDW - Bay Lake Tower 8/2011 - DVC!
WDW - Bay Lake Tower 8/2012
DL - offsite 10/2012
WDW - Bay Lake Tower 8/2013
O-Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:42 PM   #23
Beyerfamily
Earning My Ears

We are going for the first time in December and I am excited to see what everyone has been talking about!!!!
Beyerfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:44 PM   #24
profa
Mouseketeer

We were there in June and our kids, 3 of them, were measured for all kinds of rides. It never phased us. Some they couldn't go one, some they couldn't go by themselves. But they were definitely measuring them. Sure you can try but I would definitely not get the kids hopes up on that one. Make sure he understands that he likely won't get to and if it works out that will be an added plus.
profa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:17 PM   #25
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyismyheart247 View Post
Why are you yelling?

For the most part, kids are not measured at DL.
You are wrong. Kids are absolutely measured at DL. We went in August with DBF's sister and her kids, they are all young and short, they were all measured for every ride they wanted to do (that had a height requirement). Stop giving unsafe and incorrect information. Ride heights are in place for safety reasons, people should not try to get around them by not being measured or by wearing platform shoes . I rode RSR many times the 2 times (multi day trips) I've been since it was opened, we saw children being measured at the entrance and again where FP and SR lines join the main line and again where you are sent to your aisle for boarding. You ask why I yelled? Perhaps because you are possibly endangering a child with your incorrect advise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Jo View Post
Can someone give details about RSR please? What do you think the reason is for the height requirement? How fast is it, are the restraints individual or by row, etc? Can I have my arm on or around DS to help secure him? (I still do that sometimes with my 8yr old, it's just the Mom in me! But the 3yr old, definitely!)
It goes fast, I think it was 4-45 mph. You can put your arm across the front of him but you won't need to, each seat has it's own seat belt that you put on before you head off for your drive. Seats are individual but you are seated 3 across, again with your own seat belt. Is your 3 year old tall enough?

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:33 PM   #26
lurpee
Mouseketeer

Dd4 is 39.5 and I think she will be 40 by mid-December. I hope she is at least! I can't wait to go on RSR!

lurpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:36 PM   #27
lurpee
Mouseketeer

And here is a great video of Carsland and RSR. I love this guys' videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpeDe...e_gdata_player

Kerri

lurpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:27 PM   #28
Monica D
Ready to plan my next cruise!

I seriously fell in love with Cars Land! We saw it for the first time at night and I was like a little kid oohing and ahhing over everything. The whole area, especially RSR, is just perfect and really makes you feel like you landed right in the movie. Plus I thought it was so cool to see all the little boys get SO excited over seeing Lightning and Mater; I think it's really a nice contrast to all the princess stuff (not that girls don't like Cars...I do!). It was definitely worth the wait!

Dh Me
Ds (16) Dd (14)
Monica D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:29 AM   #29
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

I believe height requirements are just not there for safety. I believe it has to do with maturity also. Just Saturday night I rode on the RSR with a little 4 year old who barely met the height requirement. For the most part it seemed fine until the end, when the car raced. She looked terrified.

Look at Indiana Jones. The ride is not really that dangerous, if you compare to Screamin or Tower of Terror. But it has the highest requirement of all the rides at 46 inches. My grandson who has wanted to go it forever, is just now tall enough. Thank goodness, cuz I believe his maturity would not have matched if the limit was any lower on the requirement.

Of course there are always some children who can do anything, and not have any problems. But on the whole when Disney puts out the limits, they are there for a good reason for the most part.

BTW- Went to Carsland for the first time last weekend. Absolutely loved it!! Radiator Racers was fabulous. Rode both times at night. So beautiful. Can't say enough good things about the whole place. So much detail.
So excited to go back and take my grandkids the next time.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:08 AM   #30
ethanwa
Premier Passport AP / D23 Charter Member / D23 Geek of the Week / 2013 and 2015 D23 Expo Sorcerers Ticket

We are NOT a Cars family... our daughter could care less and it's our sons least favorite movies (he still likes Cars, just not as much as some of the other ones like Star Wars, TRON, etc etc).

Anyway, we loved it! Just went on Radiator Springs Racers today and it was FUN! Our kids both loved the whole area. Highly recommended!

Ethan

Been to DL, WDW, Aulani, D23 Expo, and on DCL.
ethanwa is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: