Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 03:10 PM   #181
pantherlj
DIS Veteran

Interesting - Amazon just announced you can buy the last 3 episodes of the season before they air on TV in the US if you buy a TV Pass (not sure what that is)

Good news for Prime members. We've just completed a deal with PBS to make Prime Instant Video the exclusive subscription home for streaming Downton Abbey's Season 3 starting in June, and all new seasons for years to come. Prior Seasons 1 and 2, already the most popular TV seasons on Prime Instant Video, are available now for catch up viewing—and will also become exclusive to Prime Instant Video later this year.

If you can't wait until June for Season 3, you can also buy each episode at Amazon Instant Video the day after it airs. And starting now, we're also making the last three weeks of this season's episodes available to purchase before they air on TV in the US. When you buy a TV Pass to Downton Abbey's Season 3, or if you already have one, you will receive all remaining episodes instantly
pantherlj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:20 PM   #182
Pixie Dust for Me!
Anyone seen tink lately, I'm running a bit low on dust!

Yep, iTunes did this too. I downloaded the last 3 episodes on January 29 and am all the way through, including the last episode (the long one in the Highlands). Don't want to give away any spoilers!

Karen

We now get to hear "Welcome Home" since we are DVC members!!

Also see my DS at TheDuckStopsHere
Pixie Dust for Me! is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2013, 03:35 PM   #183
7165red
DIS Veteran

Do you think Mr. Bates will get out of prison, I am also bored with the prison story line. I love Maggie Smith and just got a copy of the "Prime of Miss Jean Brody" made 1969 for which she won an Oscar for
7165red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:54 PM   #184
mafibisha
DIS Veteran

I just saw several of season one last night on Netflix.

Do you think I *need* to watch seasons 2 and 3 to understand the current season?

Its not that I don't want to watch the others, I just have little TV time lately.

TIA.

we Disney:

DH Me

and our fur baby

Thank You, maggiew!
mafibisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:57 PM   #185
Christine
Would love to be able to sit on the couch for a few days, get a good book, and do NOTHING!
Considers the DIS as Bladder Training 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafibisha View Post

Do you think I *need* to watch seasons 2 and 3 to understand the current season?

Its not that I don't want to watch the others, I just have little TV time lately.

TIA.
I don't think you *need* to but I think you should. There's history that begins with the first season and you may not understand certain things of the third season without the backstory of seasons 1 and 2.

Vacation Home - Indian Creek - July 2012
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - July 2009
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - Easter 2007
Shades of Green - June 2005
Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97
CBR & Shades of Green - May 95
Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:26 PM   #186
MomofKatie
Maybe if you leave some chocolate under your pillow the Tag Fairy will visit you!
In the second grade I looked like a mini senior citizen!
"Dairy World?" "Fairy World." "OH, DARN IT!!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafibisha View Post

TIA.
We are in the midst of Season 3 now, so you'd only need to watch Season 2- IMHO, pretty important to watch as there are lots of important plot developments in Season 2 that carry over into this season. There aren't that many episodes (not like the 22 or 23 in American TV), just 8 regular episodes and the Christmas special in Season 2.
MomofKatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:43 PM   #187
MomofKatie
Maybe if you leave some chocolate under your pillow the Tag Fairy will visit you!
In the second grade I looked like a mini senior citizen!
"Dairy World?" "Fairy World." "OH, DARN IT!!!"

Loved how the women of Downton- both up and down stairs- struck a blow against the backward-thinking men tonight! You go, ladies!! And I was really glad to see Mary and the others stick up for Tom having Little Sybil christened Catholic. It is what Lady Sybil wanted, after all...

And thank goodness- the stupid Bates in prison storyline is over!!
MomofKatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:07 AM   #188
PollyannaMom
I was a click-clack champ!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofKatie View Post
Loved how the women of Downton- both up and down stairs- struck a blow against the backward-thinking men tonight! You go, ladies!! And I was really glad to see Mary and the others stick up for Tom having Little Sybil christened Catholic. It is what Lady Sybil wanted, after all...

And thank goodness- the stupid Bates in prison storyline is over!!
Agree on all counts.

Now we just need Mary to come around and see that Matthew is right about the estate.

me, DH, DS(14), and lots of pets
PollyannaMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:40 AM   #189
HonnyDipp
DIS Veteran

Last nights DA was all about girl power. LOVED IT! So glad Bates is getting out of prison. Watching him walk around in circles got old really quick.

Aug. 2003 Off Property; Nov. 14-20, 2008-Port Orleans Riverside; Sept. 2012 Free Dining @ Art of Animation
HonnyDipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:55 AM   #190
Halloweenqueen
Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...

Thank goodness that Bates is getting out! It drives me crazy that his own wife calls him by his last name!
Old 02-04-2013, 11:07 AM   #191
Skip2MyLou
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloweenqueen View Post
Thank goodness that Bates is getting out! It drives me crazy that his own wife calls him by his last name!
MTE! I wish the dis had a "like" button
Old 02-04-2013, 11:14 AM   #192
ckay87
demented and sad...but social
This morning I had "you can't overlook your underwear" stuck in my head
Scared by a clapper in her teens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloweenqueen View Post
Oh, did she finally stop calling him MR. Bates???

And HELLO.....WHERE IS OUR FACEBOOK RECAP?? I love those and can't figure out how to find the latest.
ckay87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:02 PM   #193
asta
DIS Veteran

I need some help figuring out the extra episodes (the Christmas episode). I bought season 1 and 2 on DVD and the set did not include the Christmas episode where Matthew proposed to Mary. That would have been at the end of season 2. Is there also a Christmas special episode at the end of season 3? I tried searching to buy the special season 2 episode but was afraid that I was reading about a current season special. I stopped reading because I was afraid that I might read spoilers about this season.
asta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:32 PM   #194
Aimeedyan
Why get all excited about something as silly as a fake celebrity? Or getting a tag?
Jello is not meant to be chunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by asta View Post
I need some help figuring out the extra episodes (the Christmas episode). I bought season 1 and 2 on DVD and the set did not include the Christmas episode where Matthew proposed to Mary. That would have been at the end of season 2. Is there also a Christmas special episode at the end of season 3? I tried searching to buy the special season 2 episode but was afraid that I was reading about a current season special. I stopped reading because I was afraid that I might read spoilers about this season.
Yes, there is a Christmas special after season 3 as well. I watched it online (for free) a couple of months ago when it aired in the UK. It takes place a year after the end of season 3, if that will help you decipher which episode it is.

It's labeled "Episode 9: A Journey to the Highlands" on the site I watched it on.
1982 & 1990 ~ trips as a child ~1997 ~ Caribbean Beach ~ 2002 ~ Vacation Home ~ 2003 ~ Stayed with Family ~ 2004 ~ Port Orleans Riverside ~2006 ~ Pop Century & Disney's Vero Beach ~ 2007 ~ Wilderness Lodge & Yacht Club ~ 2008 ~ Carnival Cruise & All Star Music ~ 2009 ~ All Star Sports & Downtown Hotel ~ 2009 ~ All Star Music, Comfort Inn & Boardwalk Villas
Aimeedyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:04 PM   #195
tinatark
DIS Veteran

Was Matthew offering Sybil's widower the opportunity to be part of the estate farming business? It seems like he did, and was turned down.

Mary's pretentiousness makes me crazy!
tinatark is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: