Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2012, 01:20 PM   #1
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

Not my first Rodeo,but definitely my first "Disboard"PTR

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Hey there I'm Carrie aka cheekypoppins,i'll be your crazy Canadian Disney maniac and guide through a trip with some really [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="7"[SIZE="7"]BIG [SIZE="3"]surprises and first time adventures.
The Back Storyfeel free to skip if you must)i have always been slightly okay TOTALLY obsessed with all things Disney,A total Daddy's girl(before my kids he was my number1,he was my world,my bestfriend the only person I could ever tell anything at all to and he would never judge me) I'm a little kooky and always have been,theres not much I won't do to make the people love laugh and even some I don't love lol.I used to be a bit of a hard (_!_) but since having kids I've become a total mushfest!!I grew up in a family similar to the brady bunch I have 5 brothers and 5 sisters none of which have both same parents as me ,are you confused yet? and well if you haven't guessed yet my punctuation or rather lack of sucks but i am me take it or leave it.
My First Trip to WDW:wasn't what a kids first trip should be but I was kinda okay with that since it was sort of my choice i travelled with my aunt ,her hubby,my 2 cousins and my gran.she was old and didnt take well to the Florida sun,so although my aunt n fam had an awesome agenda planned I couldnt bare to leave gran alone I mean what if she got sick? So all in all i saw 1 parade(mardi gras theme) and maight have ridden 10 rides if that!at 16 I lost her she was the greatest woman in my life ever and the one I inhertited my 2 greatest passions from ,baking and travelling.

How I fell in love with Disney Parks:my 2nd trip to the world was in 2003,and my first adult trip( i know had my own tiny princess and a hubby)When i went to epcot and into Boulangerie Patisserie I imediately began to cry,my husband had no idea what on earth was going on with me but as soon as I was in the doorway it reminded me of grans kitchen because i remembered exactly how it smelled and how it looked and everything she taught me, and every visit since I enter that doorway and remember exactly how it smelled,how it looked and everything she taught me!!!
The next day I walked under the train station and into Mainstreet USA and I felt as if she was right there with me,I can't explain it very well but i know what I felt and it was a different kind of Disney magic and immediately in that moment I was hooked.

leading up to this trip: every year I go to WDW and every year its the same thing,the time of my life,the most magical memories and every year I leave with something new and more awesome from the last one,then i come home and the disney depression kicks in ,I read countless TR's and listen to every disney song imaginable,I watch ride vids on youtube and do everything humanly possible to get me through until the next trip.Well this year has been a little different.... I booked my trip last December with free dining and had it all paid except flight by March,I never pay it off that soon so this was odd but there musta been a reason that I was able to do that,somebody somewhere knew this was the trip I would need the most!!!
Remember how i said how much of a daddy's girl i was and how he was on a pedastal in my eyes pretty much? well shortly after my trip was paid off I got word that my dad was dealing with some heavy issues and at the time we were told he didn't have much time left.Up until then the most I had left my kids for was 1 night at a time when I had gone to Montreal to watch the UFC with hubby.THings were about to change.I made countless trips to see Dad and take care of him,afterall he had done so much for me and he was my hero and the strongest man I ever knew and here he was helpless and making his way out,nothing in my life(and believe I've been through things most people never see or hear of in a lifetime)was going to be as painful as this.
At one point he was given 3 weeks to live so i went up to see him every chance I got I think i was with him more than I was with my kids which was so hard but you have to do what you have to do right?So since my dad lived a 9 hour drive away and in Quebec where everything is overpriced,I spent most of what I had put away for spending.I didn't care It was about my dad now and nothing else.One day I got a phonecall,it was Dad he was crying it hurt him so much to have to admit that he could no longer take care of his dog and he wanted ,me to come and get her( I'm a cat person not a dog person) I knew my kids and I would love her and give her the attention she needed so much though,afterall shes sort of a piece of him,so I went and got her the next weekend he finally agreed to go into the hospital(he's the reason I'm stubborn)the following Tuesday was to be the last time I'd be up at Dads,I snuck the dog into the hospital(similar to the scene in Annie) hoping it would bring up his spirits little did I know what I was going to find.there infront of me he was so weak could barely open his eyes and not breathing well at all and although I was more tired than I had ever been in my life from not sleeping the night before,again I pulled an all nighter,I stayed up all night at his bedside holding his hand,the next morning god took my hero from my hands.You always know that it's going to be hard when you lose a parent but I had no idea just how much it really would change my life.

Anyway here we are and although I need this vacation more than ever,I've lost my Disney craze or had I? just when I started to return to myself and fall back into disney craziness mode someone suggested I watch the walt Disney man behind the myth movie BAD IDEA!!! Walt passed of the same thing that Dad did and it was far too soon,so here I am slummin again,thats when I decided that If i was gonna get through it I needed to buoiild up my disney hype again and get happy,so i searched for more disney forums( I was already an active member on another)thats when I found this site and here I am.

Old 08-09-2012, 01:43 PM   #2
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

THe cast and itinerary( did I spell that right? ah who cares)

So my trip is in 47 Days from today and I need to get into the zone ,i need this trip and i need to get happy dang it!!!So let me introduce you to the my most precious and beautiful achievments ever........

Riley is 9 and Hailey is 7 and here is a little diddy by guitar Dan from one of our fave trips
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dATfc3_HyNY&feature=plcp

Okay now heres a pic of yours truely....at last years Halloween Party

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"]Oh and my mom is coming along too,it was originally supposed to be her trip with riley (since last yr she took my 2 oldest nephews) BUT,my mom can be ...well um I dunno so hubby and I thought it be best if I tag along too just incase . Okay so my mother ...heres a pic of her and my girls with one of my nephews from last SEptember....

oopsy for some reason I thought hailey was in that pic too but I guess not okay moving on....
So When do we go???? September 23rd we head to Buffalo and stay overnight ,then flight out the next morning and we're there until sept.30th,WE've told the kids we are staying at PORS but did not tell them we upgraded to a princess room ,they won't know this until they open the door.So that'll be the first Surprise,the second surprise is that this is the trip that Riley will find out,her n I are going back just the 2 of us in January and that will be her bday gift for turning 10.
Our plans are as Follows.......
SEpt.24th-Crystal Palace lunch
1900 park Fare Dinner
PIrate & pals Fireworks Cruise( our 1st time)
Sept.25th-animal kingdom
Dinner at SSR The Turf Club
Sept.26th-perfectly Princess tea(holy what happened to my wallet!!!!!)

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-09-2012, 01:48 PM   #3
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

so yep the perfectly princess tea for our first time and almost 600 smackers later YOUCH!!!!( I paid for mom as an early xmas gift)
SEpt.26th continued........Dinner at Tutto italia

SEpt.27th-Breakfast at Royal Table
The Pirates League(mermaid anyone?)
Mickey's Backyard Barbeque ,also our first time
SEpt.28th-Akershus breakfast
Le Cellier lunch(first time for me n my girls but not mom)
coral reef dinner( bring on the lobster ravioli baby)
Sept.29th-lunch at prime Time
dinner at Olivias OKW
SEpt.30th-The dreaded last day remains a blurr,we shall see where we end up.

Old 08-09-2012, 01:52 PM   #4
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

I have seen you around and want to you to the DIS boards.

Joining in to all your upcoming fun.

Love the backstory - My Dad is my Disney Introducer too. I did not really get it when I was little but I do now..
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK May '15 EEC- July'15 Big Birthday blowout ............ Can't wait to go back
Old 08-09-2012, 01:55 PM   #5
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

Thanks and by the way When anyone else joins this check out poolrats tr it's pretty cool!!!

Old 08-09-2012, 02:30 PM   #6
aLLpInK
Totally Obsessed

Im in. Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-13-2012, 10:37 AM   #7
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

OKay so I'm waiting for the time to pass basically,I wanted to start packing things that are just for the trip,but I'm waiting for dresses to be made so i'm kinda in a stuck mode right now...BOOOOOO.Anyways I thought I'd share some of my countdown pics with you that i made on the computer.......

and ofcourse we have todays........

Old 08-14-2012, 01:41 PM   #8
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

OKay so I have 41 days to go and can't figure out what to do with myself,I've planned changed planned and re planned more times than I can count,so what else do I do .......well why not pack a few items into the carryon?So since we are doing the pirate and pals fireworks cruise on the first night I decided to pack my pirate shirt and rileys pirate dress(Haileys is being made by grandma) and I had a few helpers.....

Then of course it's only fair that I at least pack something for miss H,so why not choose an outfit for day 2 and of course Stitch gave me a perfect idea....

Old 08-15-2012, 09:44 AM   #9
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

well I made another change late last night after reading a tr on here,I decided to give san Angel Inn a try.I checked on line and it was available with 4 different times for the day I wanted so I snagged it up

Old 08-17-2012, 10:54 AM   #10
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Getting stuff together is half the fun.

Looks like you will be in WDW when I am in DL.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK May '15 EEC- July'15 Big Birthday blowout ............ Can't wait to go back
Old 08-17-2012, 11:05 AM   #11
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

okay It's official i'm jealous lol I wanna make it there eventually,please take lots of pics!!!!!

Old 08-17-2012, 03:30 PM   #12
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

oh i forgot incase anyone wants to see.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dATfc3_HyNY

Old 08-18-2012, 11:50 PM   #13
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

Old 08-19-2012, 09:12 AM   #14
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Looks like fun! I'm in
Old 08-19-2012, 05:59 PM   #15
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

Thanks I can't wait to get away I've never needed it more!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: