Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2013, 04:08 PM   #271
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXscuba View Post
Well, the day, even the hour is finally here. I was a good girl and got all my work done, so I have a just a moment to say goodbye to all. As soon as I finish typing, I am throwing the food in the cooler, zipping the suitcases closed, and turning off the TV (where my kids are watching Disney channel of course).

I can't believe the trip is finally here!!!! Thank you all for reading along and helping me pass the time waiting for this day to finally arrive. I promise lots of pictures and hopefully some fun stories when we get back.

I hope all of YOUR Disney dreams come true too!

PHXscuba
Woo hoo! Time to hit the road!! I can't believe your trip is finally here - the time has flown by since you first started planning it.

Have a wonderful time!!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:46 PM   #272
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

I hope your trip is truly *+*+*Magical*+*+*!!!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2013, 12:58 AM   #273
PHXscuba
Mouseketeer since birth!
I am lucky to have kids who also love Disney and a husband who loves it (and us) enough to humor my passion!

We made it here to the beautiful Paradise Pier and I actually got connected to the hotel wifi!!

Our rooms are just what we paid for, view over the (empty) pool. I can't complain. DTD was super busy this afternoon/evening. I have my AP activated!!! Maybe I'll get a Photopass picture of that!

Kids are in bed and presumably sleeping; early to rise for early entry to California Adventure tomorrow.

Weather is supposed to be warm and beautiful all week.

Best wishes to all for a lovely week; I feel so blessed right now to have my family here and to be visiting one of my favorite places.

PHXscuba
PHXscuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:06 AM   #274
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

I hope you all have a ball! The weather should be lovely too!
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:55 AM   #275
lsulindy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We made it here to the beautiful Paradise Pier and I actually got connected to the hotel wifi!!

Our rooms are just what we paid for, view over the (empty) pool. I can't complain. DTD was super busy this afternoon/evening. I have my AP activated!!! Maybe I'll get a Photopass picture of that!

Kids are in bed and presumably sleeping; early to rise for early entry to California Adventure tomorrow.

Weather is supposed to be warm and beautiful all week.

Best wishes to all for a lovely week; I feel so blessed right now to have my family here and to be visiting one of my favorite places.

PHXscuba
Yay for great weather!! Have a blast!

A few trips as a kid, first in 1979 last in 1991.
Trips with dh and our kids:
April/May 2008 - Buena Vista Suites
March 2011 - Windsor Palms
February 2013 - Disneyland!! TR in progress!

lsulindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:01 AM   #276
denluvsdisney
Earning My Ears

PHXscuba, have a great time. It's always nice to share the parks with your family. I'll be there tomorrow from AZ. I'm taking my mom as part of her Christmas/B-day gifts.
denluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:30 PM   #277
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Have a wonderful time! It's snowing here outside my window at work. Thinking about your family at DL.
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:56 PM   #278
PHXscuba
Mouseketeer since birth!
I am lucky to have kids who also love Disney and a husband who loves it (and us) enough to humor my passion!

We have made it back to my parents' safe and sound. We have a wonderful trip and everyone even stayed healthy (my biggest fear). There are always things you miss getting to do even in a 4-day trip, but we had a grand time and I look forward to sharing it with you all when I get back!!!

I even ran into CristyHas3, one of my trip report followers, in the RSR line one morning!! How cool is that?!

Today is laundry and tomorrow is repacking and driving back. Don't wanna go

PHXScuba
Old 03-15-2013, 07:58 PM   #279
kaoden39
Hugs

Enjoy the rest of your vacation!
Old 03-16-2013, 10:30 PM   #280
PHXscuba
Mouseketeer since birth!

Thanks to all for the well wishes while we were traveling.

We are back home, safe and sad I miss CA already and Disneyland too. It was nice to spend some time with my parents for a couple days and we will be seeing them for a family event over here in a couple weeks.

I probably won't start the TR for a couple days. I have to hold it out as the incentive for me to get some work done before I let myself dive in. But never fear, I was taking notes on my phone every day so I could remember everything. I was just scrolling through the pictures I took and I have never seen so many goofy faces as this trip!

And I never ate a churro

So "watch this space" for something middle of the week.

PHXscuba

p.s. I just noticed I hit 2000 posts yesterday!!
Old 03-17-2013, 03:08 PM   #281
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Glad you are home safe and sound! I'll be monitoring my email for the notice that there is action on your thread.

TK
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:13 PM   #282
Lynne G
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks to all for the well wishes while we were traveling.

We are back home, safe and sad I miss CA already and Disneyland too. It was nice to spend some time with my parents for a couple days and we will be seeing them for a family event over here in a couple weeks.

I probably won't start the TR for a couple days. I have to hold it out as the incentive for me to get some work done before I let myself dive in. But never fear, I was taking notes on my phone every day so I could remember everything. I was just scrolling through the pictures I took and I have never seen so many goofy faces as this trip!

And I never ate a churro

So "watch this space" for something middle of the week.

PHXscuba

p.s. I just noticed I hit 2000 posts yesterday!!
Woot, glad you had a great trip. Take it easy. getting back into routine after vacation is always a chore unto itself. Love to see the pictures.
Lynne G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:11 AM   #283
kaoden39
Hugs

I'm glad you had safe travels!
Old 03-20-2013, 05:55 PM   #284
PHXscuba
Mouseketeer since birth!

The Prologue (and disclaimers)

I am almost ready to start the real trip report ... tonight if I get some time. But I thought I'd start with a short intro for those who don't want to wade through 19 pages to see how we got here!!

We traveled to Disneyland March 10-14. We stayed in the Paradise Pier Hotel and had 4-day parkhoppers. My original plan was to scheme my way into an AP -- and that dream miraculously came true!!

My family consists of me, DH, DS16, DD13, DD10, and DS 7-turning-8, who shall be referred to as DS8 for consistency's sake throughout our journey. Special guest appearance on our third park day by ....? Photos of us and the kids are all posted on the first page of the pre-trip report, but don't worry, you'll be seeing lots of them soon enough!

Things you WILL and WON'T see in this trip report:

-- You won't see a lot of artful landscape photos of park icons, etc. My family is in about 95 percent of the pictures. If that's not what you're looking for, there are some great park photos on lots of other trip reports. This one is mine, mine, mine, as the seagulls would say.

-- You won't see many photos of what we ate, except for a few cherished snacks. My family thinks I'm weird enough anyway without me taking pictures of their food, and I honestly don't think I could have held back the hungry hordes from their plates at most meals.

-- You will see lots of Goofiness. I swear every time I reviewed photos on the camera, someone was making a loopy expression, on purpose. We also did some funny poses on the ride photos.

-- You will get my opinion on what was great, what was missed, what was worth it and what wasn't. I have visited enough to have a good idea of what kind of a standard we can hold Disney to.

I am excited to start writing. You should see my Sanskrit notes -- I'm a bad typist to start with, and I so cannot type on an iPhone keyboard!

PHXscuba

p.s. I think I have a title for the TR -- watch the thread title to see what I came up with. OoooOooo) suspense!
Old 03-20-2013, 05:57 PM   #285
PHXscuba
Mouseketeer since birth!

I also failed to welcome denluvsdisney to the trip report because it was posted while I was there. Thanks for reading and I hope you had a great time too!

PHXscuba

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: