Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2013, 05:02 PM   #256
PHXscuba
Mouseketeer since birth!
I am lucky to have kids who also love Disney and a husband who loves it (and us) enough to humor my passion!

I know yesterday's post was uncharacteristically un-wordy for me, but I was in a hurry to get it posted in limited time.

Potentially good news: I got the police report from my car accident and it backs up what I knew: the other driver was at fault and ticketed. The tow lot wanted to get my car out, so I had it towed to a body shop pending the expected outcome of the other lady's insurance paying for it all.

Where will I be one week from today? I hope we'll be checking out the DLH pool during an afternoon break. I fianlly checked the weather report for next week and it is low 70s and little chance of rain the whole time. Perfect!

Four days from now I'll be west of Phoenix headed for CA!!

PHXscuba
PHXscuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:21 PM   #257
PHXscuba
Mouseketeer since birth!
I am lucky to have kids who also love Disney and a husband who loves it (and us) enough to humor my passion!

One week from today ... around 2:15 p.m. ... I am going to project that it's our Radiator Springs Racer FP return time and we are zipping around Carsland and getting our picture taken with our Photopass Plus!!

As for trip prep, I took DD13 to Walmart with me last night and bought her a couple cheap Disney shirts. She has grown out of all of the ones she wore to WDW a year and a half ago (she's a women's medium now ) I'm just glad she still wants to wear Mickey Mouse shirts!

I just canceled our backup hotel reservation at HoJos too. I don't know why I held it so long, knowing we got the great AP rate at PPH, but I guess I was just superstitious about canceling it until I had to.

I also bought food for our hotel room -- bagels and string cheese for breakfast. I still need milk, mini boxes of cereal, and fruit. I am taking my cooler on wheels to stick all the food in while we travel. I have plenty of (probably too many) snacks for the trip over and to take into the park.

I still have DS' birthday party to throw on Friday, and I MUST START PACKING!! Where's a magician or a fairy godmother when you need them?

PHXscuba
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2013, 03:37 PM   #258
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

I cannot believe how close your trip is.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:15 PM   #259
cristyhas3
Mouseketeer

Yay!! Its almost time!

We're on the road right now!! I hope our paths cross!

(Eek! that's a lot of exclamation points. Can you tell I'm excited?)
Nora, 3

Heading to the Happiest Place on Earth in March!

My Blog: www.sewmuchlikemom.com
cristyhas3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:20 PM   #260
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Woo Hoo!! Almost time for your trip!! Take advantage of the weekdays.....come Friday, the crowds really increase!!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:18 PM   #261
Jaina
Actually, my name is Sara. It's a long story...

Just read through your whole trip report. So excited for your family and to hear how it goes! We just got back a few days ago from an amazing first visit with our little ones. I've decided that one perk to living in the Phoenix area (the heat may kill me off this summer) is that wonderful, relatively short drive to DLR! We are -going- to have AP's at some point... (in like 10 years...) ;-) Hope your trip is everything you imagined and that everyone stays well!

Disneyland fanatic,(that would be me) wonderful DH, DS (6) and DD1 (5) and DD2 (2.5)!
Disney Trips:
5/86-3 years old-the first one!, 5/89, 5/91, 5/93, 6/95, 5/97, 7/98 (WDW! FBLA Nationals-WDW Dolphin), 5/99, 3/00-Senior Trip, 6/01-first time to DCA too, 7/03, 3/05(double family trip when we were engaged), 12/05 (with girlfriends), 3/06 with DH (8 wks pregnant...), 6/09 with DH, 2/13: 1st trip with our kids! (Trip report, including Pre-trip))

Last edited by Jaina; 03-06-2013 at 10:27 PM.
Jaina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:31 PM   #262
PHXscuba
Mouseketeer since birth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaina View Post
Just read through your whole trip report. So excited for your family and to hear how it goes! We just got back a few days ago from an amazing first visit with our little ones. I've decided that one perk to living in the Phoenix area (the heat may kill me off this summer) is that wonderful, relatively short drive to DLR! We are -going- to have AP's at some point... (in like 10 years...) ;-) Hope your trip is everything you imagined and that everyone stays well!
Thanks, Jaina! I can't believe my Pre-Trip Report has gotten up to 18 pages (although probably half the posts are my dithering and nonsense). Yes, living close-ish to DLR is a perk to being in the Phoenix area. With family living is So Cal, we have done the drive so many times that I have it down. Although every time I am there and don't get to go to DLR that trip, it is so hard to be that close!

PHXscuba
Old 03-07-2013, 02:39 PM   #263
PHXscuba
Mouseketeer since birth!

All right, I am online earlier than usual for a change ... One week from today, I hope I will be ... riding Star Tours for hopefully the third time or so. I think I mentioned a long time ago in this thread that it is a longtime favorite of mine since its original opening. We rode the new version at WDW about 5 times over a day and a half in Hollywood Studios. I would love to be the Rebel Spy!

This morning I bought the last of the food for the hotel, and got out most of the toiletries and OTC meds we will be taking. I am not an over-packer for clothes, but I overpack just about everything else. DD10 just informed me that she has outgrown her hoodie, so now I am trying to track down a new one (in March, in AZ ) or you'll have to ignore her wrists sticking out in any jacketed pictures we take. With 4 kids, someone is always outgrowing/losing/wrecking some of their clothes!

Despite all the crazy around here -- super busy, accident, trip prep, etc. -- I have actually been sleeping well, which is huge for me. Often my brain won't turn off at a time like this and my anxiety can keep me up or require medicating myself, which I really try not to do. So any prayers for continued restful sleep are welcomed. I turn into a zombie when I'm sleep-deprived!

PHXscuba
Old 03-07-2013, 02:57 PM   #264
Lynne G
DIS Veteran

Prayer given for restful sleep.

I can never soundly sleep, though I can sleep anywhere (even with the TV blaring or the light on).

I hear you about outgrown clothes. My DD forever wants new clothes. Try finding soccer cleats in January, when our soccer season is in the fall. DD ended up with my cleats. Ugh, I am trying to ensure she won't be wearing my shoes, though her Uggs fit me fine.

Have a great time!
Lynne G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:00 PM   #265
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

PHX -

Something just came to mind and I can't recall if you covered it. Your discount for the PPH is one that will require your new AP, correct? And you're planning to check in before you get your AP? I thought I recalled reading that.

I'm sure you know this already and it probably doesn't even make a difference, but just so there aren't any surprises, unless you have your newly activated AP in hand when you check in, they will probably apply the non-AP/non-discounted rate up front, and then when you get your AP and show it to them later they will adjust the amount back down upon check-out.

In other words - unless something has changed drastically in how the hotels handle AP people checking in without their AP - they will pull up your reservation, see what you've already paid and ask for your AP to verify that you have it to use for the discount. If you don't have the AP with you, they will apply the difference between the discount and the rack rate to your credit card, or block/hold the amount. Then you will come back with the AP later and they will cancel the hold but it may not 'take' until you check out.

That's how things have been done in the past - which is why it's always good to have the AP in hand when you check-in, if at all possible. Things may have changed, but that's how it was done before, even if the entire amount has been paid in advance.

As I said, you probably already know this or have considered it, but in case I missed something I thought I'd better pop in to expand upon it in case you weren't expecting to see any sudden PPH charges appear on your card.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:11 PM   #266
Jaina
Actually, my name is Sara. It's a long story...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXscuba
All right, I am online earlier than usual for a change ... One week from today, I hope I will be ... riding Star Tours for hopefully the third time or so. I think I mentioned a long time ago in this thread that it is a longtime favorite of mine since its original opening. We rode the new version at WDW about 5 times over a day and a half in Hollywood Studios. I would love to be the Rebel Spy!

This morning I bought the last of the food for the hotel, and got out most of the toiletries and OTC meds we will be taking. I am not an over-packer for clothes, but I overpack just about everything else. DD10 just informed me that she has outgrown her hoodie, so now I am trying to track down a new one (in March, in AZ ) or you'll have to ignore her wrists sticking out in any jacketed pictures we take. With 4 kids, someone is always outgrowing/losing/wrecking some of their clothes!

PHXscuba
Have you checked at the Disney outlet at Mills yet? They still had jackets and hoodies a few weeks ago...

Disneyland fanatic,(that would be me) wonderful DH, DS (6) and DD1 (5) and DD2 (2.5)!
Disney Trips:
5/86-3 years old-the first one!, 5/89, 5/91, 5/93, 6/95, 5/97, 7/98 (WDW! FBLA Nationals-WDW Dolphin), 5/99, 3/00-Senior Trip, 6/01-first time to DCA too, 7/03, 3/05(double family trip when we were engaged), 12/05 (with girlfriends), 3/06 with DH (8 wks pregnant...), 6/09 with DH, 2/13: 1st trip with our kids! (Trip report, including Pre-trip))
Jaina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:43 PM   #267
PHXscuba
Mouseketeer since birth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
PHX -

Something just came to mind and I can't recall if you covered it. Your discount for the PPH is one that will require your new AP, correct? And you're planning to check in before you get your AP? I thought I recalled reading that.

I'm sure you know this already and it probably doesn't even make a difference, but just so there aren't any surprises, unless you have your newly activated AP in hand when you check in, they will probably apply the non-AP/non-discounted rate up front, and then when you get your AP and show it to them later they will adjust the amount back down upon check-out.

In other words - unless something has changed drastically in how the hotels handle AP people checking in without their AP - they will pull up your reservation, see what you've already paid and ask for your AP to verify that you have it to use for the discount. If you don't have the AP with you, they will apply the difference between the discount and the rack rate to your credit card, or block/hold the amount. Then you will come back with the AP later and they will cancel the hold but it may not 'take' until you check out.

That's how things have been done in the past - which is why it's always good to have the AP in hand when you check-in, if at all possible. Things may have changed, but that's how it was done before, even if the entire amount has been paid in advance.

As I said, you probably already know this or have considered it, but in case I missed something I thought I'd better pop in to expand upon it in case you weren't expecting to see any sudden PPH charges appear on your card.

I am aware of this but really can't get my AP until after we check in. I am getting it that afternoon and will keep my eye on the bill to be sure it is applied correctly, eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaina View Post
Have you checked at the Disney outlet at Mills yet? They still had jackets and hoodies a few weeks ago...
I found a cute one at Target. I really didn't have time to go all the way to AZ Mills this week but I love the Disney Outlet there!

PHXscuba
Old 03-08-2013, 04:47 PM   #268
PHXscuba
Mouseketeer since birth!

DS7's front tooth has been hanging from a thread for the last week, and DH finally popped it out last night so it wouldn't happen on our trip. Interestingly enough (don't have time for a picture), little DD was front-toothless during our last big Disney vacation to WDW. You can see it in some of the photos.

I hope this isn't a new Disney tradition, because I am out of kids who should be losing their front teeth!

Less than 24 hours!! I have a birthday party to throw and packing. That's it!! T-minus 23 hours!

PHXscuba
Old 03-09-2013, 03:01 PM   #269
PHXscuba
Mouseketeer since birth!

Well, the day, even the hour is finally here. I was a good girl and got all my work done, so I have a just a moment to say goodbye to all. As soon as I finish typing, I am throwing the food in the cooler, zipping the suitcases closed, and turning off the TV (where my kids are watching Disney channel of course).

I can't believe the trip is finally here!!!! Thank you all for reading along and helping me pass the time waiting for this day to finally arrive. I promise lots of pictures and hopefully some fun stories when we get back.

I hope all of YOUR Disney dreams come true too!

PHXscuba
Old 03-09-2013, 03:05 PM   #270
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Have fun! I look forward to hearing all about your trip!
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: