Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2013, 07:01 PM   #196
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Things like that penny jar a re really deceptive. I used to have what I called my bird fund. It's fun to build up pennies like that. As for my guess, hmm..... I have no clue. $168?
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:01 PM   #197
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

I suggest the counting machine (if the fee is waved of course)

My guess $129!

TK
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2013, 08:06 PM   #198
sunflare
Mouseketeer

If you have access to the Navy Fed branch by Luke, they have a free counting machine in the lobby :-)
sunflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:32 PM   #200
PHXscuba
Mouseketeer since birth!
I am lucky to have kids who also love Disney and a husband who loves it (and us) enough to humor my passion!

I haven't counted yet, but I think you all have WAY overshot my penny total. Remember, it's only pennies. I think one time when it was one-third full I only had about $7.50. So I'm thinking guesses under $100 are more likely to be close. I will give any of you a second guess if you want to revise.

***Sigh*** It looks like the Fast Pass time enforcement is starting before our trip and will be in full force by then. I am going to confess that I have been a FastPass hoarder who gathered all morning and used in the afternoon or evening. I think one day I had 5 sets of FPs at once.

So it will change my touring style. Luckily with roughly two days in each park I don't need to go quite as commando on FP -- we can go slower and be more flexible. I guess it will be more like I used to tour before I knew they could be used late: enter an area and get a FP, then ride smaller rides and eat until the FP time came. Back to the drawing board.

PHXscuba
PHXscuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:39 PM   #201
PHXscuba
Mouseketeer since birth!
I am lucky to have kids who also love Disney and a husband who loves it (and us) enough to humor my passion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflare View Post
If you have access to the Navy Fed branch by Luke, they have a free counting machine in the lobby :-)
Hello, Sunflare! Glad to see another local following along!

We have a Navy Fed not far from me here in the East Valley. Do I have to be special to use their machine or can anyone?

PHXscuba
Old 02-11-2013, 12:40 PM   #202
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXscuba View Post
I haven't counted yet, but I think you all have WAY overshot my penny total. Remember, it's only pennies. I think one time when it was one-third full I only had about $7.50. So I'm thinking guesses under $100 are more likely to be close. I will give any of you a second guess if you want to revise.

***Sigh*** It looks like the Fast Pass time enforcement is starting before our trip and will be in full force by then. I am going to confess that I have been a FastPass hoarder who gathered all morning and used in the afternoon or evening. I think one day I had 5 sets of FPs at once.

So it will change my touring style. Luckily with roughly two days in each park I don't need to go quite as commando on FP -- we can go slower and be more flexible. I guess it will be more like I used to tour before I knew they could be used late: enter an area and get a FP, then ride smaller rides and eat until the FP time came. Back to the drawing board.

PHXscuba

Me too about the FP. We are going on Feb. 24 and I am very sad we are just missing it. I usually go to WDW so I was looking forward to being FP return time free once again.

I just hate doing the proper return time. Usually I'm at the opposite side of the park by then. Our last WDW trip we returned home with about half of our FP's unused.
OhioStateBuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:42 PM   #203
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXscuba View Post

PHXscuba
When we were at WDW over Christmas the FP return time was 'strictly' enforced. A fellow FP horder, we really had to change the way we toured. We got more walking in for sure. Our gathering of FP technique didn't change, when we used them sure did. It all worked out.

As an up side, we didn't have any overly long FP return lines. I've stood in the TOT FP line over 40 minutes at DL....

TK
Old 02-11-2013, 08:31 PM   #204
PHXscuba
Mouseketeer since birth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
When we were at WDW over Christmas the FP return time was 'strictly' enforced. A fellow FP horder, we really had to change the way we toured. We got more walking in for sure. Our gathering of FP technique didn't change, when we used them sure did. It all worked out.

As an up side, we didn't have any overly long FP return lines. I've stood in the TOT FP line over 40 minutes at DL....

TK
I am wondering if it will change how people pull FPs -- if they will last longer because people choose not to get one if they don't like the return time, and if the FP return lines will be more consistent and hopefully shorter. I think long-term and overall it will probably be OK, just in the short-term it is frustrating to have them finally close the loophole right before MY trip.

PHJXscuba
Old 02-11-2013, 09:52 PM   #205
sunflare
Mouseketeer

HI! I'm glad to be following along :-) I'm pretty sure you have to be DOD eligible to have an account there - https://www.navyfederal.org/about/el...-checklist.php . It used to be a lot more restrictive though... you used to only be able to get an account at Navy boot camp, Marine boot camp, and overseas (I think... ). The counter gives you a slip of paper with the total on it, and the tellers deposit that amount into your account.
sunflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:29 AM   #206
PHXscuba
Mouseketeer since birth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflare View Post
HI! I'm glad to be following along :-) I'm pretty sure you have to be DOD eligible to have an account there - https://www.navyfederal.org/about/el...-checklist.php . It used to be a lot more restrictive though... you used to only be able to get an account at Navy boot camp, Marine boot camp, and overseas (I think... ). The counter gives you a slip of paper with the total on it, and the tellers deposit that amount into your account.
Bummer ... even if I was eligible (unlikely), I don't think I'd open a whole new account to deposit pennies!

Keep the guesses coming ... I have to start counting!

PHXscuba
Old 02-13-2013, 11:20 AM   #207
cristyhas3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXscuba

Bummer ... even if I was eligible (unlikely), I don't think I'd open a whole new account to deposit pennies!

Keep the guesses coming ... I have to start counting!

PHXscuba
Most banks have the change counting machines. Who do you bank with?
Nora, 3

Heading to the Happiest Place on Earth in March!

My Blog: www.sewmuchlikemom.com
cristyhas3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:20 PM   #208
Lynne G
DIS Veteran

Hope I am not too late guessing. I'll say $89.26
Lynne G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:06 PM   #209
PHXscuba
Mouseketeer since birth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne G View Post
Hope I am not too late guessing. I'll say $89.26
Welcome Lynne G! Hope you are enjoying our pre-trip goofiness! I am having people guess until Sunday. Plus I still have to get the coins counted!

Good news on that: I checked out CoinStar (they have several near me, including at my Kroger-brand grocery store Fry's), and they will count the coins for free if you redeem them for an e-gift certificate, including Amazon. Since I am a regular Amazon shopper, it makes sense to cash out for Amazon credit through CoinStar and put the equivalent in my trip fund.

So off to the grocery tomorrow ... assuming the cold I feel coming on doesn't lay me out.

PHXscuba
Old 02-13-2013, 10:23 PM   #210
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Feel better Not just because I want to know how much was in the penny jar...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: