Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 02:24 PM   #166
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran

Hello

Just spent all day reading (er I mean working) your entire pre trip report.

I liked all the old pictures. Looks like you start your trip a few days after I return from mine, so I think I'll be reading your trip report as a buffer to my depression that my own trip is over.

Ya know, I've never really thought I was the type to have kids, but reading pre trip reports like this one makes me want to. Looks like your family is going to have a lot of fun
OhioStateBuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:42 PM   #167
tbgmom
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to say you have a beautiful family, and I'm enjoying your PTR. Also, are you sure we aren't the same person with the same dh?

Quote:
I agree that planning is half the fun (or more!) My DH worries that I spend some much time planning that there is no way the trip can live up to what I've built up. Well, so far my planning for vacations has saved us a lot of time and money, even if everything doesn't go perfectly. And I have fun for months, not just one week of travel.
This is me & my dh exactly! He always worries about how much I plan, but then is always grateful that I do, and realizes that it was worth it. I just try not to bug him too much with plans & ideas I have, unless I really need his input. Thankfully the dis boards help me get my fix!

Mom to 3 boys

Had an amazing 4 days at the DLR April 2013!

DL Oct 1982, WDW Dec 1993- Jan 94 (Christmas trip), DLR Dec 2009 (another Christmas trip), DLR April 2013
tbgmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 04:42 PM   #168
PHXscuba
Mouseketeer since birth!
I am lucky to have kids who also love Disney and a husband who loves it (and us) enough to humor my passion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioStateBuckeye View Post
Hello

Just spent all day reading (er I mean working) your entire pre trip report.

I liked all the old pictures. Looks like you start your trip a few days after I return from mine, so I think I'll be reading your trip report as a buffer to my depression that my own trip is over.

Ya know, I've never really thought I was the type to have kids, but reading pre trip reports like this one makes me want to. Looks like your family is going to have a lot of fun
Welcome OhioStateBuckeye! We lived in NE Ohio for 4 years while DH was in grad school. I am cold just thinking about it right now.

Thanks for the compliment on my kids. We enjoy them when they're not being numbskulls (with teens it's intermittent). They behave pretty well on trips so we'll keep traveling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbgmom View Post
Just wanted to say you have a beautiful family, and I'm enjoying your PTR. Also, are you sure we aren't the same person with the same dh?

This is me & my dh exactly! He always worries about how much I plan, but then is always grateful that I do, and realizes that it was worth it. I just try not to bug him too much with plans & ideas I have, unless I really need his input. Thankfully the dis boards help me get my fix!
Thanks for reading, tbgmom! I think every family has the Dis nut and the spouse who loves us. He knows it's what makes me happy so he rolls with it. I try to include things I know he'll like -- food places, rides, hotel, etc. Other than that, he's happy to take pictures and be with the family.

That's also one reason I think we'll make it back to Disney World -- things there that excite him. He'd like to dive the Epcot aquarium again, and he liked the idea of the backstage animal trek (remember the tiger picture?) in Animal Kingdom. So I am plotting just a little for that in the future.

PHXscuba
PHXscuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:08 PM   #169
PHXscuba
Mouseketeer since birth!
I am lucky to have kids who also love Disney and a husband who loves it (and us) enough to humor my passion!

So the Disney Parks blog just posted that the Princess Fantasy Faire will open Mar. 12 ... the first day we plan to be in Disneyland (after spending day 1 in DCA). Anyone have any idea how this will affect the park overall? I doubt we'd try to go -- my girls at almost-14 and almost-11 think they are too big for princesses and I certainly wouldn't wait in an opening-day-sized line for it. But I wonder if it will increase the amount of people in the park that day or just in that area?

PHXscuba
Old 01-31-2013, 11:32 PM   #170
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXscuba View Post
So the Disney Parks blog just posted that the Princess Fantasy Faire will open Mar. 12 ... the first day we plan to be in Disneyland (after spending day 1 in DCA). Anyone have any idea how this will affect the park overall? I doubt we'd try to go -- my girls at almost-14 and almost-11 think they are too big for princesses and I certainly wouldn't wait in an opening-day-sized line for it. But I wonder if it will increase the amount of people in the park that day or just in that area?

PHXscuba
I would be willing to hazard a guess that they will be at least nearly as busy as they are for a new ride. We were there the week they opened WoC and boy was it BUSY.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:07 PM   #171
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

I was thinking it might increase the crowds a little, but there's lots of people that don't bother with the Princess Fantasy Faire. If spring break crowds start that week....it will be busy......lol
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:45 PM   #172
PHXscuba
Mouseketeer since birth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I would be willing to hazard a guess that they will be at least nearly as busy as they are for a new ride. We were there the week they opened WoC and boy was it BUSY.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
I was thinking it might increase the crowds a little, but there's lots of people that don't bother with the Princess Fantasy Faire. If spring break crowds start that week....it will be busy......lol
I know it will be busy right in that PFF area. I wouldn't mind poking around (without getting in line for the princesses), but I don't think I'd be able to see much with all the people in the way. We'll see. I'm building some big breaks into the schedule and I could see sending most everyone back to the hotel and just wandering around solo or with one of the kids.

So the hours for ALL of my days were finally up as of Thursday!! One thing that surprised me is that there are NO fireworks and NO Fantasmic the Monday through Thursday we will be in the parks. And every day is 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. in both parks. If Disney is not prepared with staff for spring-break crowds it could make for some long lines. I can live without the fight for a Fantasmic spot and I'm only a little disappointed about not seeing the fireworks from inside the park (we can watch from somewhere in DTD on Sunday night).

PHXscuba
Old 02-02-2013, 11:41 PM   #173
kaoden39
Hugs

I think that if they were expecting big crowds they would have both Fantasmic and WoC on more.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:56 PM   #174
PHXscuba
Mouseketeer since birth!

Wahoo! Wahoo!! Wahoo!!!

I am getting my AP!!!!

Those of you who read from the beginning know how I was plotting to get an AP this year ... but was about to give up hope that the discounts would justify it.

So BlackJackDelta (a frequent and very helpful contributor) posted over the weekend about a new hotel discount -- 25% for AP holders -- that runs through Mar. 15 (coincidentally our checkout date).

I called this morning almost afraid to hope that it would apply on my date, to my room type, for both of our rooms ...

I GOT THE AP RATE!!!

The rate saves me $450 on the rooms -- two rooms times 4 nights adds up fast. Getting an AP is about $200 more than my 4-day parkhopper. So I am up $250 already!!

It also means 10% off on food, and the same on souvenirs. I already had the souvenir discount through my Disney VISA, but only when I spend $50 at a time. This means not having to wait and group purchases together -- yeah, like I could get my 4 kids to want stuff from the same store!

I am beyond excited!! This is a dancing-banana occasion!

PHXscuba
Old 02-04-2013, 02:13 PM   #175
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wahoo! Wahoo!! Wahoo!!!

I am getting my AP!!!!

Those of you who read from the beginning know how I was plotting to get an AP this year ... but was about to give up hope that the discounts would justify it.

So BlackJackDelta (a frequent and very helpful contributor) posted over the weekend about a new hotel discount -- 25% for AP holders -- that runs through Mar. 15 (coincidentally our checkout date).

I called this morning almost afraid to hope that it would apply on my date, to my room type, for both of our rooms ...

I GOT THE AP RATE!!!

The rate saves me $450 on the rooms -- two rooms times 4 nights adds up fast. Getting an AP is about $200 more than my 4-day parkhopper. So I am up $250 already!!

It also means 10% off on food, and the same on souvenirs. I already had the souvenir discount through my Disney VISA, but only when I spend $50 at a time. This means not having to wait and group purchases together -- yeah, like I could get my 4 kids to want stuff from the same store!

I am beyond excited!! This is a dancing-banana occasion!

PHXscuba

sweet
OhioStateBuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:38 PM   #176
cristyhas3
Mouseketeer

That is AWESOME!!!

Did you book as room only, or package?
Nora, 3

Heading to the Happiest Place on Earth in March!

My Blog: www.sewmuchlikemom.com
cristyhas3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:46 PM   #177
kaoden39
Hugs

That's great!!
Old 02-04-2013, 03:50 PM   #178
PHXscuba
Mouseketeer since birth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristyhas3 View Post
That is AWESOME!!!

Did you book as room only, or package?
Yes, it is awesome!!

I have it as room-only, but I would guess they would have moved things around in a package.

PHXscuba
Old 02-04-2013, 03:57 PM   #179
lsulindy
DIS Veteran

AP and a nice discount? sweet!

A few trips as a kid, first in 1979 last in 1991.
Trips with dh and our kids:
April/May 2008 - Buena Vista Suites
March 2011 - Windsor Palms
February 2013 - Disneyland!! TR in progress!

lsulindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:41 PM   #180
cristyhas3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Yes, it is awesome!!

I have it as room-only, but I would guess they would have moved things around in a package.

PHXscuba
You totally inspired me, so I called to check. I didn't get good news, though. I booked a package, and the discount can't be applied to packages. Ah well, at least I tried. Next time...

So, how are your park plans coming along? Have you made any dining reservations yet? Still staying at PPH? It would be fun if we pass each other in the lobby.
Nora, 3

Heading to the Happiest Place on Earth in March!

My Blog: www.sewmuchlikemom.com
cristyhas3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: