Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2012, 12:59 PM   #31
stindall
Congress Tart

Forgot about the Hopper question. Here's my 2 cents: if you have the extra money, get it. You may not use it every day and you may only use it once but for the comfort of knowing you're not tied down to one park all day, it's worth it! Animal Kingdom closes fairly early so going over to Epcot for a drink or dinner is always a fun choice. You can also hit up EMH at any park that has them and then move on to another park for a while. I know the few times we didn't get a hopper I was stressed out trying to fit everything I wanted to do in, knowing we wouldn't get to go back to that park!

Oh god there's the yeti! - The Trip Report!.

- Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop - Dec. 2009 surprise for dad @ Pop -
Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop
- Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip @ pop!- Aug. 2015 DL @ Stanford Inn & Suites -

stindall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:06 PM   #32
captaindavidhook
Stay away from there

Quote:
Originally Posted by stindall View Post
Forgot about the Hopper question. Here's my 2 cents: if you have the extra money, get it. You may not use it every day and you may only use it once but for the comfort of knowing you're not tied down to one park all day, it's worth it! Animal Kingdom closes fairly early so going over to Epcot for a drink or dinner is always a fun choice. You can also hit up EMH at any park that has them and then move on to another park for a while. I know the few times we didn't get a hopper I was stressed out trying to fit everything I wanted to do in, knowing we wouldn't get to go back to that park!

That's what I am dealing with now. Some of these parks I will be done with them early. Ak for one but I also might want the option of going back to Ak to ride EE or something else and then hit MK or Epcot, later in the day. The PH costs an extra 60 bucks; correct? I did my quote a few times and it seems with the PH it came to an extra 60 dollars. Just a guess, that's all.
captaindavidhook is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2012, 01:25 PM   #33
stindall
Congress Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaindavidhook View Post
That's what I am dealing with now. Some of these parks I will be done with them early. Ak for one but I also might want the option of going back to Ak to ride EE or something else and then hit MK or Epcot, later in the day. The PH costs an extra 60 bucks; correct? I did my quote a few times and it seems with the PH it came to an extra 60 dollars. Just a guess, that's all.

Old 10-06-2012, 01:35 PM   #34
captaindavidhook
Stay away from there

Quote:
Wow, good stuff thank you.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:44 PM   #35
stindall
Congress Tart

Quote:
Wow, good stuff thank you.
Sure thing

Old 10-06-2012, 01:48 PM   #36
captaindavidhook
Stay away from there

You stayed at the Pop I see. So what are your impression of it. Did you stay in a preferred room? Did you enjoy the food court.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:57 PM   #37
stindall
Congress Tart

Quote:
You stayed at the Pop I see. So what are your impression of it. Did you stay in a preferred room? Did you enjoy the food court.
I love Pop and I almost chose it again for the next trip but I wanted to try something new. We never choose preferred rooms because we have no real reason to. Everyone in our party was capable of walking and didn't have any medical issues. We never found it to be too noisy but we did go at times when it wasn't super busy. I don't remember the food court that much because we only ate there a few times (lunch and dinner mostly at the parks and I brought my own things for breakfast to save time and money) but from what I do remember it was nice and easy to get in and out of.

Old 10-06-2012, 02:01 PM   #38
captaindavidhook
Stay away from there

Quote:
I love Pop and I almost chose it again for the next trip but I wanted to try something new. We never choose preferred rooms because we have no real reason to. Everyone in our party was capable of walking and didn't have any medical issues. We never found it to be too noisy but we did go at times when it wasn't super busy. I don't remember the food court that much because we only ate there a few times (lunch and dinner mostly at the parks and I brought my own things for breakfast to save time and money) but from what I do remember it was nice and easy to get in and out of.
The wdw agent I chatted with, instanly put me in a preferred room. When I looked at the map today, to me it didn't look like it would be that far of a walk to the food court or bus transportation.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:11 PM   #39
stindall
Congress Tart

Quote:
The wdw agent I chatted with, instanly put me in a preferred room. When I looked at the map today, to me it didn't look like it would be that far of a walk to the food court or bus transportation.
Honestly it can be a bit of a walk if you're in the 90's or 50's but if you take into account that you'll be walking much further at the parks it's not a big deal. It's weird they just put you into one and didn't ask. I'd say if you don't mind a little further of a walk and you have no real need to be closer to the main building, pool or bus stops then save the extra $15 for more fun things!

Old 10-06-2012, 02:16 PM   #40
captaindavidhook
Stay away from there

Quote:
Honestly it can be a bit of a walk if you're in the 90's or 50's but if you take into account that you'll be walking much further at the parks it's not a big deal. It's weird they just put you into one and didn't ask. I'd say if you don't mind a little further of a walk and you have no real need to be closer to the main building, pool or bus stops then save the extra $15 for more fun things!

That's my thinking too. My trip is not booked still mulling things over. Next time I speak to them, I am going to tell them no thank you, I'll walk if I have too lol
Old 10-06-2012, 02:23 PM   #41
stindall
Congress Tart

Quote:
That's my thinking too. My trip is not booked still mulling things over. Next time I speak to them, I am going to tell them no thank you, I'll walk if I have too lol
good idea! You can put that saved money towards park hoppers

Old 10-06-2012, 02:26 PM   #42
captaindavidhook
Stay away from there

Quote:
good idea! You can put that saved money towards park hoppers
Yes great point. I am in the process of doing my game plan now. Looking over restaurants and everything else etc etc etc
Old 10-06-2012, 07:06 PM   #43
MADnNOLA
DIS Veteran

How manys days do you make your trip for?
4 - 5 days. I leave in 4 days for a 5 day trip!

Do you feel like you are odd or wierd at all by doing a solo?
Not at all. I am single and live alone. I am used to doing things on my own. I go, relax and have fun at my own pace. I can eat when I want and go to any park when I want (yes get the park hopper option!).

Do you ever get that loney feeling and feel like your missing out on something not being with friends or family? Nope. Last solo trip, two friends showed up one day (they happened to be staying in Kissimmee). It actually brought down my day, as they complained about rides, food, etc.

Will you choose more counter service meals then table service meals because your doing a solo or it really doesn't matter to you? I do both. For this coming trip I have 4 ADRs. I enjoy a nice meal, and to sit and watch others. You also get a to meet some great people and the CMs love to chat if they know you are alone.

I always had someone taking pictures of me with character photos, would you recommend Photo pass for me as good option? Last solo trip, I did not use the photo pass. Big mistake! I came home with some fun pictures I took or a CM took for me, but with PP, you get the professional ones. These can be in front of the castle or with characters. And if you chose not to purchase, you can! But at least you have the option.

When staying there solo, will you look to stay at a more reasonable priced resort at Disney or it doesn't really matter to you? I do the value resorts. I don't spend leisure time at the resort or in my room. I shower, sleep and maybe catch a quick bite on my way to the parks. It just makes sense to me to save that money and use on nice dining or a souvenir!

More on the Park Hopper - I love it! I don't find I enjoy AK as much as the other parks. I will go for EMH in the morning, ride Everest and Kali River and other rides, then leave before more crowds arrive. Last time I rode Everest 10 times in a row! I then will head to Epcot or HS and finish a full day at those parks. It is nice to know if you want to see the Illuminations or Fantasmic at the end of the day, and you are in another park, you can hop on a bus and be there to see it!
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails." - Samuel L. Clemens

MADnNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:18 PM   #44
stindall
Congress Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADnNOLA View Post
How manys days do you make your trip for?
4 - 5 days. I leave in 4 days for a 5 day trip!

Do you feel like you are odd or wierd at all by doing a solo?
Not at all. I am single and live alone. I am used to doing things on my own. I go, relax and have fun at my own pace. I can eat when I want and go to any park when I want (yes get the park hopper option!).

Do you ever get that loney feeling and feel like your missing out on something not being with friends or family? Nope. Last solo trip, two friends showed up one day (they happened to be staying in Kissimmee). It actually brought down my day, as they complained about rides, food, etc.

Will you choose more counter service meals then table service meals because your doing a solo or it really doesn't matter to you? I do both. For this coming trip I have 4 ADRs. I enjoy a nice meal, and to sit and watch others. You also get a to meet some great people and the CMs love to chat if they know you are alone.

I always had someone taking pictures of me with character photos, would you recommend Photo pass for me as good option? Last solo trip, I did not use the photo pass. Big mistake! I came home with some fun pictures I took or a CM took for me, but with PP, you get the professional ones. These can be in front of the castle or with characters. And if you chose not to purchase, you can! But at least you have the option.

When staying there solo, will you look to stay at a more reasonable priced resort at Disney or it doesn't really matter to you? I do the value resorts. I don't spend leisure time at the resort or in my room. I shower, sleep and maybe catch a quick bite on my way to the parks. It just makes sense to me to save that money and use on nice dining or a souvenir!

More on the Park Hopper - I love it! I don't find I enjoy AK as much as the other parks. I will go for EMH in the morning, ride Everest and Kali River and other rides, then leave before more crowds arrive. Last time I rode Everest 10 times in a row! I then will head to Epcot or HS and finish a full day at those parks. It is nice to know if you want to see the Illuminations or Fantasmic at the end of the day, and you are in another park, you can hop on a bus and be there to see it!
oh man I think AK is going to be a favourite alone. I love it already and am alway bummed when they close early. I can't wait to spend an entire day just wondering around enjoying the AMAZING theming!

Old 10-06-2012, 10:01 PM   #45
captaindavidhook
Stay away from there

Quote:
oh man I think AK is going to be a favourite alone. I love it already and am alway bummed when they close early. I can't wait to spend an entire day just wondering around enjoying the AMAZING theming!
I agree and think alike with you about spending the day there. The day I am planning at AK has emh from 8-5. I could see myself riding the safari a few times along with EE. That is one big park, I tend to stroll around and see what is going on.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: