Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 03:41 PM   #1
DLPDreams
I am like a child in a sweet shop, all hyper on sugar

Cafe Mickey - two nights running??

We plan to go to CM on our first night for dinner when the park closes (Thurs eve). Then on Friday it's our Wedding Anniversary and so my DM (Mum) has kindly agreed for DH and I to have a nice meal on our own somewhere, and she and DSD will take the children to dinner.

Being littlies, they like character meals. We have discounted Auberge (first trip ever ) mainly due to time constraints in the park and the fact we've done it to death (and don't think it's as good as it used to be, same Princesses, less good value etc). So, I am trying to organise character meals on an evening for them.

Saturday evening we plan to all eat at Inventions . So that leave Friday evening - would it be overkill for them to do Cafe Mickey again on Friday, having eaten there Thurs eve?

I don't think they'll be bothered by Annettes (and you can't book so I don't want Mum waiting around with them). They would like Rainforest but we've eaten there before and have eaten there a few times in London so not sure it's worth it for them.... CM seems the best option?? I'm guessing that the characters might be the same both nights though...?
Old 10-01-2012, 03:59 PM   #2
Mum to Belle
Thinks she may know someone who has a planner

My Dd would happily eat there two nights in a row!!!!
Mum to Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 04:23 PM   #3
DLPDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mum to Belle View Post
My Dd would happily eat there two nights in a row!!!!
Thank you! I just don't know if DSD will like it two nights running. DM will do anything for the children but it's their holiday too!?

I just can't think of anywhere else to eat really.... Inventions is a bit pricey to eat two nights in a row I think... And there is nowhere else with characters once the park closes.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:17 PM   #4
jillrobinson
I will be very angry if there are any attractions or places off limits
DS got a Hi 5 from Simba
My real persona is maleficent mum

Buffalo Bill show ?
March 2004 Liam's 5th Birthday at Cheyenne *** October 2004 Spooky Halloween at Santa Fe *** March 2006 My big 40 & Liams 7th Birthday at Newport Bay Club *** March 2007 Jamie's 13th Birthday & VIP Press Launch for DLP's 15th Anniversary at Sequoia Lodge *** November 2007 Christmas Season at Sequoia Lodge *** March 2009 Liam's 10th Birthday at Cheyenne *** January 2010 Practically Perfect stay at Hotel New York *** October 2010 Our not so scary stay at Cheyenne ***January 2012 Jack's 5th Birthday surprise at Santa Fe***July 2013 Disney Dreaming at Cheyenne***

jillrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:31 AM   #5
Mum to Belle
Thinks she may know someone who has a planner

Can't think of any other character options, but The Steakhouse is nice, would your DSD like that? The kids menu is good & they get a menu to colour in.

Or how about one of the hotel restaurants. I love Beaver Creek Tavern in Sequoia Lodge because you can oder your main but the starters & desserts are buffet style so you can really enjoy them!! The kids buffet will please even the fussiest eaters and they can always help themselves to the starters too. Might be nice for them to explore another hotel (can't rememeber where you're staying - sorry!) and then there's the gift shop!!
Mum to Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:57 AM   #6
Vala
DIS Veteran

One night Inventions, one night Cafe Mickey maybe?

From what I saw when walking past last trip a lot of the time they had exactly the same characters at Cafe Mickey on consecutive nights. Would that bore the girls?
Old 10-02-2012, 05:45 AM   #7
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

When my girls were the ages of yours they'd have happily eaten at Cafe Mickey every night of the week for a fortnight if it meant a cuddle with the characters!!

I think it could be overkill for adults ..... but not for children.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:08 PM   #8
daiseyirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ware Bears View Post
When my girls were the ages of yours they'd have happily eaten at Cafe Mickey every night of the week for a fortnight if it meant a cuddle with the characters!!

I think it could be overkill for adults ..... but not for children.
Not sure how old your kids are but mine are 6+7 so would agree with Elaine.
Also like the idea of eating in diff hotel restraunt.
daiseyirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:32 PM   #9
RoseBug
I'm a Geordie, we don't own coats and go out in the snow barefoot!

Could they do Buffalo Bills one night instead?
Disneyland California July 1998 *Day trip* Disneyland Paris August 2004 *Kyriad* Disneyland Paris February 2007 *Day Trip whilst visiting Paris*Disneyland Paris June 2009 *New York* Disneyland Paris February 2012 *Cheyenne* Disneyland Paris August 2012 *Newport Bay Hotel Admirals Floor* Disneyland Paris February 2014 *The Disneyland Hotel* Disneyland Paris February 2015 *The Disneyland Hotel*

RoseBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:49 PM   #10
DLPDreams

Thank you for the replies. We have a little while to decide but I think we will probably go for Cafe Mickey both nights, then Inventions on the Saturday night when we will all be there .

None of us fancy Buffalo Bills tbh - don't know what it is about it but it's just not something that appeals...
Old 10-02-2012, 04:03 PM   #11
IsobelJackmummy
Mouseketeer

We went to cm three nights in a row on our last trip! My children then 5 and 3 loved it!
We saw some different characters each night too.

1999 -WDW off site, 2003 - WDW off site, Feb 2010 - DLRP SL, Oct 2010 -DLRP SL, Feb 2012 - DLRP SL, Feb 2013 - DLRP HNY
IsobelJackmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:15 PM   #12
DLPDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsobelJackmummy View Post
We went to cm three nights in a row on our last trip! My children then 5 and 3 loved it!
We saw some different characters each night too.
Oh thanks Toria, that gives me hope. Although I do know of someone on here who went 3 times earlier this year (I think) and saw the same each time, despite being told they would be different. I don't think it would bother the girls that much if the atmosphere is good. However, quite a few people have commented recently on how quick characters are with you at CM - there is so little interaction unlike in the past - hope this improves!
Old 10-02-2012, 04:21 PM   #13
IsobelJackmummy
Mouseketeer

I think this is something the grown ups are more bothered about than the children, I know that my two are just happy to see Mickey or Minnie, and they are normally around. Anyone else is a bonus.
It's just nice to know you can get any kind of character interaction without the scrums, especially with young children.
And in there you do not need to spend a fortune, a couple of pizzas with the shareholders discount is quite reasonable, and we get to have a relatively relaxed meal because the children are happy!

1999 -WDW off site, 2003 - WDW off site, Feb 2010 - DLRP SL, Oct 2010 -DLRP SL, Feb 2012 - DLRP SL, Feb 2013 - DLRP HNY
IsobelJackmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:32 PM   #14
DLPDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsobelJackmummy View Post
I think this is something the grown ups are more bothered about than the children, I know that my two are just happy to see Mickey or Minnie, and they are normally around. Anyone else is a bonus.
It's just nice to know you can get any kind of character interaction without the scrums, especially with young children.
And in there you do not need to spend a fortune, a couple of pizzas with the shareholders discount is quite reasonable, and we get to have a relatively relaxed meal because the children are happy!
Agree to an extent but on our June trip, my 7 year old noticed not only a lack of general characters in the park but also the fact some of the characters at meals were a little quick to leave / didn't interact much despite my girls trying . This is probably down to two reasons a) she is a clever cookie that never misses anything and b) she is used to character interaction and random sightings from previous trips... She went as far as to say she thought Goofy in Inventions didn't seem like he wanted to be there (I told her it wasn't the case, but silently agreed with her)!

My 4 year old (to be fair she had just turned 4 and it was probably the first trip where she understood what was going on around her as she was a baby/toddler on previous trips), couldn't have cared less and certainly didn't notice anything .

I could book CM anyway and they could always go to Cafe Fantasia for a light tea if the first night at CM isn't that great (as we are staying in DLH). That also means they don't have to fight out of the park/stand in long queues etc. Hopefully though, CM will be great and I won't need to worry .

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: