Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 12:53 PM   #31
marcyinPA
I'll never forget the strong, pungent smell of Noxema!
I was such a fashion disaster!!

My DH texts me every day- usually something short and sweet, like "hug hug" or "kiss kiss" It's the little things that really matter most!
6/08- We're Cruisin' (NCL
Spirit) for my BIG 4-0!,
6/09- WL (celebrating my birthday with Mickey!)
,2/11- POP
marcyinPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:59 PM   #32
violetrose
DIS Veteran

The sweetest thing my DH does for me is he is so good to my parents and grandparents. My grandma is in her late 80s and still lives on her own in her own house. Every Friday night after work my DH stops at her house to see if she needs anything fixed or any shopping done. He's been at her house every Friday night since my grandpa died in 2002, unless we are on vacation or he is otherwise engaged. I love him for that and I know my mom and grandma do too.

violetrose is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 01:04 PM   #33
PrincessNancy96
My family drove me nuts, and then I got stuck in traffic
Washed my hair and wham, several ideas hit me all at once!

DISboards Moderator

My DH is a keeper.. he texts me a few times a day..and every week he sends me the lyrics to a song that reminds him of me...
He texts our DD every day since she left for college this past August.. Usually something along the lines of "I'm so proud of you!", "Keep up the good work", "so whatcha doin"..
He also makes sure each of the boys gets quality time with him on the weekends (during the week is a little hard with school, sports, etc) so that every knows how important they are in his life..
Old 10-02-2012, 01:24 PM   #34
wendy46001
Mouseketeer
Dont get me wrong, I love all things wonka

DH is a sweetie and always knows when work is getting to me. Last week after a particularly hard day he came home with flowers and beer. swoon
Old 10-02-2012, 01:29 PM   #35
HomeiswhereMickeyis
When can I go back?

Love this thread! makes me happy

My dh cleans the kitchen which is awesome because I hate doing dishes but love cooking. So after I have destroyed the kitchen making dinner he comes home from work and cleans up after me.

Of course he does lots of big things too but this is just one of the small daily things that make me feel special.

~~~~
First trip in '87 too many to count since...
Trips together: Wonder {Bahamas}-10, POP Century-April 12, Coranado Springs {Anniversary trip} - August 12

HomeiswhereMickeyis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:40 PM   #36
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

My DH will fold socks because he knows I detest it.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:40 PM   #37
jenjifer
Mouseketeer

I love this thread!

My husband is a great guy:
* He does the dishes and cleans the kitchen every night.
* He puts up with me.
* He texts me almost daily to say "Have a Magical Day". (when we were leaving The Magic Kingdom on the last day of our vacation, I was sulking and said "it's going to really stink tomorrow when no one tells me to have a Magical Day". It's been a year and a half, and he still reminds me to have a Magical Day nearly every day)
Old 10-02-2012, 01:59 PM   #38
tony111
Mouseketeer

I usually turn the lap-top round to show my wife interesting threads or comments when reading the Disboards but this one ,NO WAY. it would just give her ammunition for the next time we have a fall out. Is there some way I can delete the whole thread ?
tony111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:51 PM   #39
JVL1018
Forever Mickey's daughter
I hate stickers on fruit, it skeeves me.
If someone doesn't like it, tough noogies
"Nakey Boy to the rescue!!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetrose
The sweetest thing my DH does for me is he is so good to my parents and grandparents. My grandma is in her late 80s and still lives on her own in her own house. Every Friday night after work my DH stops at her house to see if she needs anything fixed or any shopping done. He's been at her house every Friday night since my grandpa died in 2002, unless we are on vacation or he is otherwise engaged. I love him for that and I know my mom and grandma do too.
That is so sweet! What a great guy!

JVL1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:34 PM   #40
Kennywife
Sometimes miracles take a little time

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessluvsapirate View Post
Enjoy your beautiful headband .
Awwww.....thanks. And congrats! You got a keeper there!
Kennywife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:35 PM   #41
Juliegirl1
DIS Veteran

Not married (yet) but my boyfriend lives two doors down from me. He cooks for me every night and fixes me a lunch to take to work, usually with a love note written on the napkin. On nights that I have to take my son to sporting events and he knows I will be home late, dinner will be plated and in the oven waiting on us.

He also makes meals for me to take to my ailing father and he also sends me flowers to work every once in a while "just because".

I think he's a keeper!
Juliegirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:41 PM   #42
Debbie7452
Aspires to be a Tag Fairy
Official Race Team Manager

My Husband has NEVER stranded me in the bathroom without toilet paper. He always gets a new roll out of the linen closet when the current roll gets low. We have been married 22 years!
Debbie7452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:03 PM   #43
Magpie
I guess there's not much else to do in the jar
Mean people - they don't matter

21 years...

He calls me from work at lunch most days, just to say hi. Every now and then he asks if I want to come down to meet him for lunch. When he's on his way home, he calls to let me know, so I can bring the dog out to meet him at the bus station.

Plus, the biggest little thing he's done for me recently? He admitted that the anniversary of our engagement WAS a real anniversary (that's the 21 years part... we lived together another 4 before we actually got properly married!), and it actually happened in December (we had a party), so that means we can officially celebrate our anniversary when we visit Disney this December. Even though we didn't get married until March. AND he let me put it on our resort reservation.

And I know he agreed just for me, because he's the kind of person who prefers to do Disney incognito.

I love this man!
Magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:14 PM   #44
yoopermom
Suffers from too many teenage Stephen King influences

Even though he doesn't "value" (aka obsess) over family like I do, he knows how much they mean to me, so he says, "go" everytime there is a family emergency and I just feel the need to be there. Last time my DF was in the hospital in the ICU, he KNEW how tired I'd be at the end of the day, so, even though I'd driven my own car up there, he had another family member drive him up there and drop him off so that he could drive me home in my car.

He always visits my 102yoDGM when he's in her town, and he's her absolute favorite. This last trip, she told him how she used to be quite a "looker" in her day (while gesturing to her upper body...).

And he sends my DM and I to WDW while he and his DF go out west hunting.

Terri
yoopermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:51 PM   #45
bankgirl05
DIS Veteran

There are too many things to name here, I'd be all day...

My DH is my second marriage,(and I am his 2nd too) and I have to say that I found the one person I was meant to be with, the person who was made for me.

My favorite thing that he does is quite simple in words, but so very awsome in meaning: He loves me. That's it plain and simple, he LOVES me, completely. He is never unkind or cruel, even when we disagree, he does not make me feel like I am anything less than what I am, which is a woman who is loved.

He loves my DD17 from my first marriage, and our 2 children, he never disrespects me in front of them (or anytime), and always makes an effort to make sure that I am not the only one doing the disciplining since I am currently a SAHM, that way I don't always have to feel like the bad guy.

oh, and he allowed himself to "catch" the Disney bug too. While he doesn't share my excitement for planning, ADR's and EMH's, he loves our trips, and works hard to allow us to take them as often as possible.
bankgirl05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: