Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 04:59 PM   #1
bamabrit04
Earning My Ears

Question May 2013 Disney Honeymoon!!!

So my fiance and I are planning on honeymooning for 5 days at Walt Disney World Resort, and then doing a 3 day cruise on the Disney Dream. I go to Disney World and on a cruise at least once a year, but I have never done a Disney cruise. Point being, my fiance's mom recommended we use a travel agent. On my past Disney adventures and cruises, I have always booked it myself. But this is our honeymoon, so I want it to be extra special. Does anyone have any good recommendations on who we should use for a travel agent? Is there really any huge perks? Again, I feel I am a pro at booking cruises and Disney vacations, but if there are some perks we might can get through a travel agent, I am all for it!
bamabrit04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:40 PM   #2
fredtom
Mouseketeer Freddie

Congratulations!
I would recommend going through Dreams Unlimited to book your cruise, which is also featured on this website. Good luck to you.

9/89-CBR GF 9&10/01-POR CSR 10/02-AKL 10/03-AKL Poly DCL 9&10/04-BWV SSR OKW 9&11/05-VWL BWV OKW 6/06-DLR 9/06-SSR BCV 10/07-OKW AKV 9&10/08-OKW BWV 11/09-SSR AKV 10&11/10-OKW BLT 11&12/11-OKW AKV 10&11/12-VWL BWV 12/13-OKW 9&10/14-OKW VGF[/I]
DVC
fredtom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 09:51 PM   #3
ChewieIsMyCoPilot
Earning My Ears

Congrats! I am disneymooning in May as well (4 night Dream, 4 night parks). If you use a travel agent for the cruise it will be the same price as if you booked online, the only difference is you might get an onboard credit or other perk. I booked mine with AAA and a photo package worth about $100 was included.
ChewieIsMyCoPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:17 PM   #4
tric8783
DIS Veteran

May is a great month to be married!
There are a few DISbrides here that are travel agent's! I agree I think for the cruise portion you can usually get some goodies- but other than that I don't see the 'perks' if you know what youre doing
Old 10-08-2012, 02:02 AM   #5
bamabrit04
Earning My Ears

Thanks! We've actually decided not to do the cruise. We thought it would just be too much for one week (two weeks if you include the wedding week at the beach!). We figured it would be more relaxing if we just did WDW for 7 days instead! I take cruises all the time (not Disney ones!). I do go to WDW once a year at least but I haven't spent a whole week there since I graduated from high school!! So are there any real perks to using a TA then? I read they can possibly get you discounts that are released after the fact, but can't you just call Disney yourself and have them add the promo if it fits your current reservation? I thought I read that somewhere on the boards. On my yearly trips, we always book in the discount period because we don't really care where we stay. However being our honeymoon, we want to book soon!

May is a popular time! I am doing early May, and I am hoping it won't be too crowded yet!!!
bamabrit04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:11 AM   #6
futuremrsspeyrer
Earning My Ears

We are honeymooning May 19th-May 25th at Disney! As a former WDW employee, I need something new to do! Has anyone ever done the carriage ride at Fort Wilderness? We need things not over the top expensive but romantic! Help! We are super excited to be going to the place where all dreams come true to celebrate!
futuremrsspeyrer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: