Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 01:27 PM   #1
ready2 cruise
Mouseketeer

enchanted graden

In looking at the menus, I found so many options that look good at Animators and royal, but I am not sure about EnchantedGarden, what's good there? I eat meat, fish, seafood, everything pretty much, what do you recommend I order?
ready2 cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:52 PM   #2
Zandy595
DIS Veteran
The other day I found a big honkin' frog in my toilet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2 cruise View Post
In looking at the menus, I found so many options that look good at Animators and royal, but I am not sure about EnchantedGarden, what's good there? I eat meat, fish, seafood, everything pretty much, what do you recommend I order?
My favorite foods on the ship are at EG.
1. Pan-seared Sea Bass
2. Prime Rib (this is in place of the The EG Tuna Salad, that's not on the menu anymore)
3. Caramelized Sea Scallops
4. North Atlantic Lobster Ravioli

Animal Kingdom Lodge Pop Century All Star Music All Star Movies Caribbean Beach DCL Wonder 2001 DCL Magic Eastern 2004 DCL Magic Western 2008 DCL Dream 2011, 2012, 2014

Last edited by Zandy595; 10-01-2012 at 02:23 PM.
Zandy595 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 02:07 PM   #3
kcashner
DIS Veteran

I trust you are looking at the part of the signature menu that is on line. Remember that those don't show the full menu, and that every night you can get broiled fish, chicken, or beef "plain." We had no trouble finding something yummy each night. If your cruise is longer than 3 nights, your other nights will be the theme menu regardless of where you are sitting.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:20 PM   #4
Zandy595
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
I trust you are looking at the part of the signature menu that is on line. Remember that those don't show the full menu, and that every night you can get broiled fish, chicken, or beef "plain." We had no trouble finding something yummy each night. If your cruise is longer than 3 nights, your other nights will be the theme menu regardless of where you are sitting.
I'm not sure I'm understanding this correctly. The rotational menus for each restaurant seem to have all the items (Dream).

There's a link (in my signature) to a thread where I posted scans of the actual menus for the 4-night Dream cruise.

Animal Kingdom Lodge Pop Century All Star Music All Star Movies Caribbean Beach DCL Wonder 2001 DCL Magic Eastern 2004 DCL Magic Western 2008 DCL Dream 2011, 2012, 2014
Old 10-01-2012, 02:24 PM   #5
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandy595 View Post
I'm not sure I'm understanding this correctly. The rotational menus for each restaurant seem to have all the items (Dream).

There's a link (in my signature) to a thread where I posted scans of the actual menus for the 4-night Dream cruise.
Sorry--I didn't see your link initially. The page that I am familiar with on DCL's web site does not show the full menu. You have indeed posted a scan of the menu. I made the assumption that OP was looking at the DCL site.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:26 PM   #6
ready2 cruise
Mouseketeer

Thanks! I think I will try the Sea Bass, does it come well cooked or should I ask for it "well done" if this is how I prefer it? my husband likes all his fish barely cooked, I on the other hand like them well cooked. Same with meat :-)
Old 10-01-2012, 02:41 PM   #7
lovedvc
Mouseketeer

The sea bass is awesome just the way it comes, no need for well done. Enjoy!

1978 Offsite, 1982 Poly, 1984 Offsite, 1996 Offsite, 2000 Caribbean Beach, 2002 Hilton Head, 2003 Wilderness Lodge, 2004 SSR, 2005 OKW/Wilderness Lodge, 2006 OKW, Christmas 2007 OKW, Disney Cruise 2008 and AKV, 2009 AKV and OKW, 2010 OKW, Sneaking in a 5 night stay at VWL 2/11, 2011 The Disney Dream, 2011 OKW & BLT, 2/12 BCV, 6/12 The Magic,The Disney Dream 2012 and BLT, 9/12 Magic, 8/13 BCV, 8/14 The Disney Fantasy and BCV
lovedvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:48 PM   #8
Zandy595
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
Sorry--I didn't see your link initially. The page that I am familiar with on DCL's web site does not show the full menu. You have indeed posted a scan of the menu. I made the assumption that OP was looking at the DCL site.
That's actually what I was trying to say. I guess, not so clearly. The menus I look at on DisneyCruise.com are complete menus (same as the scans).

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/sh...hanted-garden/

Old 10-01-2012, 02:50 PM   #9
Zandy595
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks! I think I will try the Sea Bass, does it come well cooked or should I ask for it "well done" if this is how I prefer it? my husband likes all his fish barely cooked, I on the other hand like them well cooked. Same with meat :-)
Don't worry, they fully cook all the seafood, except what is supposed to be raw (sushi, ahi tuna).

Old 10-01-2012, 02:52 PM   #10
ready2 cruise
Mouseketeer

ok, now I am pushing it, but how is the tuna tower app? I love raw tuna but am wondering how good(and safe) it is to order when they are making a couple hundred or thousand of these?!
Old 10-01-2012, 06:13 PM   #11
EeyoreIsMyName
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Our party enjoyed:
North Atlantic Lobster Ravioli
Cream of Asparagus Soup
Carmelizzed Sea Scallops
Country Currant Bread (our favorite bread of the entire cruise!)
Roasted Pork Tenderloin
Sweet Temptations (particularly thepassion fruit tart and sacher torte!)

Bon Appetit!
EeyoreIsMyName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:24 PM   #12
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

so i guess i'm not the only one who has already read through all the menus and picked out what i'm going to order!
Old 10-01-2012, 09:04 PM   #13
newbydisney
DIS Veteran

I know it's all very subjective..and everyone's tastes are different and every night can be different..but we would book Palo on EG night in the future, almost everyone at our table was not that happy with any of the courses except the Prime Rib. The Sea Bass was watery and rather tasteless..the scallops were small and bland, the tuna tower was tiny and again rather tasteless..and the trio of desserts was to me just plain awful. But again, everyone has their own experience and if you don't like something you can always get something different....I miss Parrot Cay...
newbydisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:33 AM   #14
Zandy595
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbydisney View Post
I know it's all very subjective..and everyone's tastes are different and every night can be different..but we would book Palo on EG night in the future, almost everyone at our table was not that happy with any of the courses except the Prime Rib. The Sea Bass was watery and rather tasteless..the scallops were small and bland, the tuna tower was tiny and again rather tasteless..and the trio of desserts was to me just plain awful. But again, everyone has their own experience and if you don't like something you can always get something different....I miss Parrot Cay...
Well, taste is definitely subjective, but I can tell you the scallops we had were about 1 3/4" in diameter, which to me is large. Maybe you were there on a bad night.

My family loves French onion soup and we get it a lot when we go out. We've also had it on DCL before and it was really good. However, on our last cruise DS ordered it at RP and said there was something wrong with it. I tried it and it tasted strange. I knew that it wasn't supposed be like that. Someone had made a mistake in the kitchen because no matter how different people's tastes are there was no way anyone would have liked this soup. It really surprised me that they had sent something so bad out of the kitchen.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: