Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 01:19 PM   #1
mmr42
Earning My Ears

HHN / City Walk Question

Hi! We are giong to HHN on Thursday, October 11 for the first time. We are planning on going to Universal during the day and get the stay and scream tickets. Question, is it better to purchase online or can we do it all once we get there? Also, which is the best holding area?

We plan on giong to City Walk on Friday evening? We have never been there either. What is the best for dancing and jsut having fun!
mmr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:58 PM   #2
CPA_ESQ.
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmr42 View Post
Hi! We are giong to HHN on Thursday, October 11 for the first time. We are planning on going to Universal during the day and get the stay and scream tickets. Question, is it better to purchase online or can we do it all once we get there? Also, which is the best holding area?

We plan on giong to City Walk on Friday evening? We have never been there either. What is the best for dancing and jsut having fun!
I'll take a stab at this. The tickets are a few dollars less if you buy them online. If you are are going to universal for a few days, and you are a AAA member, there are some perks like free sodas.

I don't know your age, but if you are looking to dance and have a good time we like red coconut - they have a DJ at night... and the Groove is more of a club with a DJ with a big dance floor tv screens etc.. between these 2 places you will have a blast.

Most people wait near finnigans bar / resturant.
CPA_ESQ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:13 PM   #3
PammyK
DIS Veteran

As far as Citywalk, I'm not a huge fan of Red Coconut - we usually walk in and walk right out.

The Groove is the club that is most like a dance club in my opinion. They have some really great people working there too. Be warned when dressing, they don't allow ball caps to be worn on Friday or Saturday nights.

If you enjoy latin music, we really enjoy Latin Quarter. They also have some great people on staff and play a variety of latin music mixed with some random current pop/dance hits. Since I can't dance anything other than a polka, I don't really dance myself but I truly enjoy watching people dance at Latin Quarter. Generally more real, partner dancing than in the other clubs. And some of those folks are really awesome dancers.

Of course, with a Citywalk Party Pass costing just a few dollars more than a single club admission, it could be well worth it to get the Party Pass so you can check out all the clubs and decide which one is your style.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: