Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 04:09 PM   #31
TheRatPack
Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed except by the tagfairy!

DESSERTS & CHAMPAGNE
Dessert Trio:
Yogurt Panna Cotta with Orange Cake, Raspberries and Pomegranate
Dark Chocolate Mousse with Chili and Salted Caramel
Nesquik Frozen Strawberry Foam

Those sound good....the Nesquik sounds interesting, it it really strawberry Nesquik? Was the Mousse good? I love salted caramel.

GREECE
Chicken Souvlaki with Tzatziki One of my favorites

HOPS & BARLEY
Pumpkin Mousse with Craisins and Orange Sauce Glad you commented on this....we must have missed this in previous years, but I love pumpkin flavored desserts. Thanks for sharing!

TheRatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:50 PM   #32
daizieduck
DIS Veteran

I love the pierogies and kielbasa in Poland but I really think they are just Mrs. T's pierogies. So I could by a whole box at the supermarket for the same price as the F&W portion.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 04:59 PM   #33
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by daizieduck View Post
I love the pierogies and kielbasa in Poland but I really think they are just Mrs. T's pierogies. So I could by a whole box at the supermarket for the same price as the F&W portion.
I tried that.. mine weren't as good
OrangeCountyCommuter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:50 PM   #34
vinotinto
Just Keep Swimming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meredisney View Post

The lobster roll was chilled. It was amazing!!! My niece went back for seconds!

The cuddler was just ok. It didn't have much taste.
Is the cuddler a claw? Is it already cracked or served off the shell? I have a hard enough time balancing easier foods to eat at F&W, I don't want to lose half of the food to the ground!

Quote:
Oh well, it's not my problem. DH's friends will have to figure it out. Just going to be a pain cuz ESPN will not seat a party until everyone in the party is present. So they are going to have to allow a lot of time to get to ESPN by 11:00 (which is when ESPN starts seating the long line of people gathered outside waiting to watch football) in case they have to park someplace else and take a bus/walk. While they are dealing with all that nonsense I will be enjoying me time in the parks/DTD!
Given that it's F&W, I would recommend that DH picks one of the myriad of sports bar in the Orlando area. Have your frinds pick him up (if he does not have a car) and that way they can enjoy as much time as they want. Otherwise, park at the Epcot parking lot. It's not *that* far from BW and you can hit some of Epcot on the way!

Aug 2014 - YC Jan 2014 - Disney Dream and WL Oct 2013 - PBH Oct 2012 - BC (DxDP) Oct 2011 - YC (DxDP) May 2011 - PBH and AKL (DxDP) Sept 2010 - Poly (DxDP) Oct 2009 - BC (DDP) May 2004 - RPR April 1995 - AsMu
vinotinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:13 PM   #35
Meredisney
DIS Veteran

Location: "second STAR to the right, and straight on 'til morning"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodious
How is the zapiekanki-etc etc? I want to try it but though I have seen pictures of it, I am not sure what it will taste it. Care to give me a taste review?
I didn't really care for it. Basically mushrooms, onions, tomato and cheese melted in bread. It was bland in my opinion.

Future: Disney Fantasy - 11/07/2015
Completed: Disney Dream - 11/14/2014; Disney Dream Charity Preview Cruise - 01/21/11; Carnival Dream - 07/31/10; Disney Wonder - 11/05/09; Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas - 03/30/09; Celebrity Solstice - 11/21/08 charter pre-inaugural 2 day cruise to nowhere; Disney Wonder - 11/01/07; Caribbean Princess - 9/24/05; Carnival Fascination - 11/08/04; Disney Magic - 03/27/04; Disney Wonder - 10/02/03; Disney Wonder - 5/16/02
Meredisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:17 PM   #36
Meredisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy's apprentice
I don't understand the aversion to parking at Epcot. I am glad they are limiting parking at the nearby resorts. BWV parking is bad enough for self-park. They have to ensure there is enough for the resort guests.
In another thread, folks were suggesting coming in through the IG because the lines at the kiosks on that end would be shorter under the premise that most people will start at the main entrance to the world showcase, so we thought we'd give it a try under their recommendation.

Completed: Disney Dream - 11/14/2014; Disney Dream Charity Preview Cruise - 01/21/11; Carnival Dream - 07/31/10; Disney Wonder - 11/05/09; Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas - 03/30/09; Celebrity Solstice - 11/21/08 charter pre-inaugural 2 day cruise to nowhere; Disney Wonder - 11/01/07; Caribbean Princess - 9/24/05; Carnival Fascination - 11/08/04; Disney Magic - 03/27/04; Disney Wonder - 10/02/03; Disney Wonder - 5/16/02
Old 10-02-2012, 08:21 PM   #37
Meredisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRatPack
DESSERTS & CHAMPAGNE
Dessert Trio:
Yogurt Panna Cotta with Orange Cake, Raspberries and Pomegranate
Dark Chocolate Mousse with Chili and Salted Caramel
Nesquik Frozen Strawberry Foam

Those sound good....the Nesquik sounds interesting, it it really strawberry Nesquik? Was the Mousse good? I love salted caramel.
Of the three, my favorite was the Lemon Custard Verrine with Blueberry Compote but I love things that are tart! The mousse was good but not anything that really stood out. The Nesquick foam really was strawberry nesquick that was in a frozen beverage machine.

Old 10-02-2012, 08:27 PM   #38
Meredisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinotinto

Is the cuddler a claw? Is it already cracked or served off the shell? I have a hard enough time balancing easier foods to eat at F&W, I don't want to lose half of the food to the ground!
It is a claw served with the shell on. The shell is partially cracked for you. I was able to do the rest of the cracking with my hands.

Old 10-02-2012, 08:50 PM   #39
PAcpl
The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. -Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupcakeLisa View Post
Silly question (I have never had lobster, its not really a big thing here) but how do you eat something like that?
You crack open the shell and dip the muscle into melted butter. I am not a fan, but I am a weirdo.
October 2009 - Beach Club Villas (MNSSHP, HHN, Food&Wine Festival)
May 2010 - Boardwalk Villas (Flower and Garden Festival)
December 2010 - Boardwalk Villas (First Disney Christmas)
December 2011 - Boardwalk Villas (Disney Christmas)
May 2012 - Boardwalk Villas (Flower and Garden Festival)
October 2012 - Boardwalk Villas (Food & Wine, HHN)
February 2014 - Bay Lake Towers/Hard Rock Hotel (First Universal Stay)
October 2014 - Disneyland Hotel Paris (First International Disney)
PAcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:43 AM   #40
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
In another thread, folks were suggesting coming in through the IG because the lines at the kiosks on that end would be shorter under the premise that most people will start at the main entrance to the world showcase, so we thought we'd give it a try under their recommendation.
This is pretty much true but Disney has caught onto this one regarding guests arriving by car, and giving out timed parking at the Epcot resorts. There are still options - valet parking is one, parking at DHS is another.

The other way to handle this is to enter from the main gate, but walk right past the kiosks closest to Future World and head for the back end of WS. Or take the boat around the lagoon.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:24 AM   #41
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

I love lobster but was totally unimpressed last year with both the "cuddler" and the lobster roll. Not sure I will even try them this year.
OrangeCountyCommuter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:52 AM   #42
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

Quote:
We enter through the IG about 10:30 and sit by R&C is the UK. I think you can go there from FW also. A few times the booths in that area opened a few minutes before 11:00, so there was no line. Then when they dropped the rope at the bridge to France we immediately went to France and then the place that sells Belgian Waffles. That's the only time we could get Belgian Waffles with virtually no wait. Like I said, I think you can get to the UK from FW before 11:00, unless they're tightening up on that this year.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:10 AM   #43
raraavis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodious View Post
How is the zapiekanki-etc etc? I want to try it but though I have seen pictures of it, I am not sure what it will taste it. Care to give me a taste review?
i had no interest in this item based soley on the description. then i saw this video from disney parks blog, and i changed my mind!
Old 10-03-2012, 10:48 AM   #44
Disneyandphilliesfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
That is not good news for DH about the three hour parking. He always has two friends who live in the area drive over on Sunday and meet him at ESPN Zone. They stay there watching football allll dayyy, from like 11 am to 6 pm, if not longer. Not sure how that is going to work if they are only going to be allowed to park for three hours.
Park downtown Disney and hop the bus over .
Disneyandphilliesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:08 AM   #45
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyandphilliesfan View Post
Park downtown Disney and hop the bus over .
Just "hopping the bus" from DTD to the Epcot resorts is not so easy, as the bus stops at 5 different resorts and the last two are Beach Club and Boardwalk - the ones within easy walking distance of IG. Throw in a stop at Typhoon Lagoon if it's open. Throw in sporadic bus service at DTD in the mornings.

I went to the Hilton to return a car and it took about an hour and a half to return to the Beach Club from DTD. And that's with walking back from the Yacht Club, I got off the bus at Yacht and walked when it stopped to load a scooter.

Best thing to do may be get off at the Swan (the first stop) and walk to Epcot from there.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: