Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 07:41 AM   #16
Tinker'n'Fun
"apple", peaches, "pumpkin pie", who's not ready holler "I"...
i'm just trying to be optimistic!
I am SO CLUELESS and I hate it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4GoofyCrew View Post
Exactly what I was thinking! The seats are tight and the aisle is narrow. The window seat with a family member next to you will definitely be your best bet.

We alway pay the extra $6 pp each way to assign seats because I want a kid with each adult.

Just something to think about: I hate it when people are too cheap to pay the extra but then expect others who have thought ahead (and paid extra) will be willing to move to accommodate. Most travelers will feel the same way and I dare bet most will be unwilling to move for you if you want a window vs. an aisle, etc. I would be proactive and spend the extra bit of money for your comfort and peace of mind. Then you will know exactly what you are getting too!
I might have been to vague originally. I didn't pay for seats since the seat doesn't matter. It can be aisle, middle, or window. It's not the actual seat I am worried about, it is the boarding.

I am booking seats so that we will have a specific place to sit and hopefully I can board with the first group. The boarding policy is what I was not aware of.

I appreciate all your answers. I just don't want you to think I was just trying to get out of paying for the seats. We got a great budget price and even if you add the seat charge and I have to have one checked, it is still cheaper than taking SW home.

The reason I was confused was that in my mind Southwest had taken them over but just kept the name, but that is not the case.
Tinker'n'Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:10 AM   #17
ccgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker'n'Fun View Post
I might have been to vague originally. I didn't pay for seats since the seat doesn't matter. It can be aisle, middle, or window. It's not the actual seat I am worried about, it is the boarding.

I am booking seats so that we will have a specific place to sit and hopefully I can board with the first group. The boarding policy is what I was not aware of.

I appreciate all your answers. I just don't want you to think I was just trying to get out of paying for the seats. We got a great budget price and even if you add the seat charge and I have to have one checked, it is still cheaper than taking SW home.

The reason I was confused was that in my mind Southwest had taken them over but just kept the name, but that is not the case.
IMHO, the boarding on Airtran is really quite orderly since everyone has an assigned seat they are going to and are not bustling around to get a "better" seat than someone else or trying to sit people together. With Airtran, you knwo your seat number and boarding group. I quite liked them.
Pre-Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2503063
Oct 2011 - F&W AKL and BCV
May 2012 - HGVC SeaWorld
ccgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: