Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 10:53 AM   #1
xipotec
Grinning Ghosts

Tours worth doing

I have been reading about some of the variois tours; swim with the fish at Epcot, segway, behind the scenes, etc.
Has anyone had a really great experience with any of these?
How much did it cost?

You thoughts
Before that too many to list
!

SOME IMAGINATION, HUH??? - Mickey Mouse
xipotec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:10 PM   #2
Dan Murphy
We are family.

I have taken 10 different tours, several multiple times over the years. Every one of them has been great, informative and worth the time and money spent. Discounts for AAA, AP, DVC are 15% and Disney Visa is 20%. Here is a good rundown on the various ones available and some reviews.

http://allears.net/btp/tours.htm

http://land.allears.net/reviewpost/showcat.php?cat=66

I suggest taking your first tour in the park that is your favorite.

Enjoy.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Dan Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 12:22 PM   #3
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

We did the Epcot Behind the Seeds tour once, and it was fun. It was among the least expensive ones, and easy to schedule. We just sceduled at teh booth near Soarin', though I imagien you could do it in advance online if you wished.

For me, the parks are enough to keep me plenty busy, so I wouldn't normally spend so much extra for most tours. With that mindset, I wouldn't do a tour unless I had lots of time at WDW, or it was a special objective. (a birthday gift ofr a WDW fanatic) Hope that makes sense...like I'd never suggest doing a tour if you've been to WDW less than five times.
mickeyluv'r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:31 PM   #4
FlyingBelle
Official Tag Fairy Underwear Designer
"MacGyver's" her bras with duct tape and toilet paper
Frutty Pebbles doesn't taste the same with ranch dressing!

DH and i did the Keys to the Kingdom tour earlier this year - it was well worth it! Our tour guide was fantastic and we learned so much (and I consider myself a Disney junkie!). Being able to see it in person while learning about it was way cool.

Lunch was included - which was just ok. I would recommend ordering a sandwich or salad - something that is ok cold, because the food was waiting for us when we arrived.
Many times as a child | Fort Wilderness Campground 1996 | Off-Property Mar 1999 | CS May 1999 | ASSp Aug 1999 | Dixie Landings Jan 2000 | Dixie Landings Feb 2001| WL Feb 2002 | Disney Wonder Cruise Jan 2003 | WL Sep 2004 | Swan Feb 2005 |WL Oct 2005 | POR - Aug 2006 | WLV - Jan/Feb 2007 | WL Family Trip - Sep 2008! Bella's first trip to Disney! | Buena Vista Suites - Dec 08 | Disneyland - Nov 2009 | Disneyland - June 2010 | POP - July 2010 Disneyland - October 2010 | ASMu & Disney Wonder December 2010 | ASMu Jan 2011| Disneyland Sept 2011 | ASMu Jan 2012 | No Kids Trip! Pirate room at CB - Mar 2012| Disneyland - April 2012| Disneyland - July 2012| Disneyland - August 2012 | ASSp - September 2012| Disney Dream 3 night cruise - Nov 2012 | Split-Stay: AKL - Feb 2014/ASMo - March 2014
FlyingBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:52 PM   #5
redheadedmermaid73
Mouseketeer

I've also done behind the seeds. It was pretty cool however if you aren't really into the land area I would skip it.
*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates, including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*

DH (25) ME (25) Our furbabies Nani Shadow Penny
redheadedmermaid73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:56 PM   #6
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

We have done several tours and like Dan we felt each and every one was well worth the cost. The ones we have enjoyed are the Behind the Seeds, The Around the World Segway tour at Epcot, The Keys to the Kingdom tour in the MK, and a special Flower and Garden Epcot tour whose name I can not remember.
Next week we are doing the Wild Africa Trek and I am really looking forward to it. My DH did it by himself last year and he is really looking forward to doing it again.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:28 PM   #7
TinkerTracy
Wow so much is going on
Official thread promoter. Where's my bullhorn at?
I am incredibly hard to embarrass

The Magic Behind the Steam Engines tour is amazing! It is in the MK, and it is not a very popular tour but it really is fantastic! Our guide was amazing and we learned so much about the trains as well as the park. It is truly amazing! Another one I recommend is the Keys to the Kingdom tour. Our guide named Michael was beyond amazing. He was so passionate and wonderful. We got to see a ton of backstage things as well as ride 4 rides with no waits. We all really learned a lot even though we consider ourselves Disney experts! Behind the Seeds is short and fun, especially if you like Living with the Land (like I do)! In January we are trying the undiscovered future world tour and we cannot wait!

TinkerTracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:36 PM   #8
Stacy's a freak
wrangles snakes

I have done two.

1. Keys to the Kingdom. Loved it! Since you get lunch, the cost isn't that bad. I have always wanted to see the utilidors and other back stage things and I found it really informative and fun!

2. Epcot Segway tour. Loved this one too but for different reasons. I didn't think the park info was as interesting as the Keys tour but it was very fun to tool around World Showcase before it opens without any other guests there. We did not get lunch when we did this in 2010 but I think it has changed since and has a lunch included.

I don't think I would do a tour unless I had several days in WDW because I would hate to take too much free time away from my trip. But with at least a 5 night/6 day trip, I would do another tour.
Stacy's a freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:45 PM   #9
xipotec
Grinning Ghosts

Shucks all the tours i was interested in will not allow my 7yod. Poo , next time i guess
Before that too many to list
!

SOME IMAGINATION, HUH??? - Mickey Mouse
xipotec is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: