Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 12:15 PM   #16
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp12831 View Post
I do think I remember a CM telling us when the kids were scanning in that the biometric scanner is not used on the kids KTTW cards - possibly she was just telling us it was inaccurate?? don't quite remember, but that could possibly be a loophole that would make it possible if your friend scanned her ticket and exited and scanned another and kept doing that.
A child's ticket does not require a finger scan, but OP is talking about teenagers so their tickets would require the scan. Also, even without the finger scan, a child's ticket must be activated at the turnstyle that day before a FP machine will recognize it as valid. I don't see how it would have worked, at least not repeatedly.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:21 PM   #17
Ckmommy72
Mouseketeer

Sounds like she either played the system somehow, or was just full of it!!

Thanks all!

DH Michael DS C (13) DD K (9)

March 2006 - Off Site
January 2012 - POR
January 2013 - ASMo
September 2013 - AKL (MNSSHP & F&W)
October 2014 - ASMu (14th anniversary trip)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 12:50 PM   #18
Josh125
Mouseketeer

I honestly didn't know they ticket had to be activated. Go figure, after 40 plus visits I learned something the hard way. My wife was taking a nap so I thought I would score some soarin' FPs. Well, of course her ticket gave me an invalid FP so I asked a CM for pass this one time....of course they obliged.

Lesson learned.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:00 PM   #19
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

What she might have been able to do was let them take an afternoon nap - IF they had activated their tickets that morning AND let her keep them. It would also be the only way to make this practical - since you have to use the FP's inside the one hour window. As the afternoon progresses, return times will be further out. So for a FP obtained at nine am, the return window is often something like 9:30am- 10:30am. For a fastpass obtained at 3pm, the return window might be 10pm - 11pm.

She MIGHT have meant that she used HER ticket to get FP's for the thrill rides, say, if she had no interest in riding those rides- and given those FP's to her daughters. (Esp if the ratio was two adults and two teens)

If this was a family with a three year old, and two parents say - and just the teens slept in - then it would be practical to do this, provided the teens were in the parks during the one hour window printed on the FP. The parents could do a ride standby, but also get FP for the sleepers.

Also, if they had a three year old- kids three to five need a park ticket, but may not be tall enough for all rides- You can still use that child's park ticket to obtain a FP for any attraction. Additionally, if you have a toddler- you may be able to get a baby swap pass. Adult one rides BTMRR, while aduilt two waits with child. They get a baby swap pass (good for up to three people)- but don't use it until the two teens arrive. Then the three people who did not ride can ride together.(You did not say they have a toddler, but that would be one *legal* way to do something similar)

Still one more possibility was that she was part of the new FP+ testing. They could have used the FP+ passes themselves, but obtained regular FP's with her ticket, and given those to her daughter.

In almost any of these scenarios, you could really only obtain maybe two rounds of FP's at most.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:32 PM   #20
Timmy Boy
Choose Thy Fate

The FastPass machines will not give a FastPass to any ticket that has not passed through the turnstiles.

I see a number of things happenings. She went in and got all the FastPasses, not realizing that all of them but 1 was saying "Not A Valid Fastpass", she realized what she was doing and asked a Cast Member and the CM just overrode it for her, or she pitched a fit and yelled until the CM just gave in to give her what she wanted, so she happily walked away.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:49 PM   #21
LaurenT
DIS Veteran

I'm going to say that you have misjudged this person...she is the type that will lie about something this petty.
However, being a compulsive liar, doesn't necessarily mean she's a bad person.

Just me and the mouse! Nov 2014 POFQ
Mommy and Me trip! April 2015 offsite
The Whole Gang Aug 2015 AKL
Old 10-01-2012, 03:27 PM   #22
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
There's a couple of ways this could have worked. The fingerprints thing seems to have a loophole that groups of tickets bought together are fairly interchangeable, so she could have attempted to activate them all herself.

Or if she didn't activate them, then when she went to get FPs and got the not valid FPs, the CM could have manually overrode the machine to get her real FPs.Not condoning any of this, just trying to figure out the explanation. No flames please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamik86 View Post
The only thing I can think of is sometimes when everything is really crazy in the morning if you have an issue with the ticket a CM just comes over and looks at the number of tickets in your hand and does an override and gets you that number. Without ever looking at what the problem is (we had this happen once where DHs ticket got bent and the machine was just not wanting to take it)
bolding is mine....
I strongly suspect that if you really and truly think she is not lying that is what she was doing. She was getting them because a CM was overriding the system and giving them to her when she really shouldn't have been able to get them and probably because it was busy and the CM was just trying to keep things moving at the FP machines.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:46 PM   #23
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckmommy72 View Post
Sounds like she either played the system somehow, or was just full of it!!

Thanks all!
No problem
Closing.

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board
20 nights Disney and Universal July 2015
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: