Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 09:56 AM   #1
FloridaMomofOne
Earning My Ears

Special "Unadvertised" Events on the Fantasy?

We are going on a cruise on the Fantasy in November (first time on the Fantasy) and I was wondering if there are any special "unadvertised" (not listed in the Navigator) events I should know about. On the Magic is seems like there is a special meet and greet with the Princesses before the 'Til We Meet Again show that happened but we never could find on the Navigator. Is there anything like this on the Fantasy?
6/17/07-6/21/07 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamian Cruise
10/17/10-10/21/10 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamian Cruise Itinerary A
10/1/11-10/8/11 Disney Magic 7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise Itinerary A
11/3/2012 - 11/10/12 Disney Fantasy 7 Night Eastern Caribbean
11/29/13 - 12/04/13 Disney Magic 5 Night Western Caribbean Cruise Itinerary B
FloridaMomofOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:14 AM   #2
jjgarv
Gotta get away to where the boat leaves from...

Unadvertised Princess meet and greet

Perhaps you are referring to the by-invitation meet and greet with most of the characters prior to "Til We Meet Again". This is what many call a Magical Moment.

We were fortunate to be invited to this a couple of cruises back- we reported to Studio Sea 15 minutes before TWMG. Is was just our family and all the main characters, including princesses, who were there waiting for our daughter.......for what could be one of the greatest moments of my life as father. They made a big fuss over her and we got amazing photos and video.

We had been selected for this by a cast member we had grown close to over the course of the cruise- who we still in fact keep in touch with.

Times like these are what set DCL apart.
Honeymoon 4/00 4 Day Magic and Wilderness Lodge; 3/02 7 Day Eastern Magic; 11/02 Beach Club Villas; 11/04 7 day Western Magic; 10/05 4 Day Wonder and 3 Day at Saratoga Springs; 9/06 7 Day Twice the Magic--2x Castaway Cay; 11/07 7 Day Eastern Magic; 9/08 7 Western Double Dip--2x Castaway Cay; 5/09 Villas at AKL; 10/09 7 Day Eastern Magic to St Croix; 4/10 7 Day Caribbean Princess for 10th Anniversary; 10/10 7 Day Western Magic; 10/11 7 Days B2B on the Dream; 10/12 7 Day Eastern Fantasy; 3/12 DVC Villas at Aulani; 10/13 7 Day Western Fantasy; 10/14 7 Day Western Fantasy to Jamaica
jjgarv is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 10:17 AM   #3
LWQuestie
I'm the Rocketeer!

I think it's important to read the entire Navigator, because I've noticed that sometimes events are only listed on their little breakout section and may not be included in the Grid.

Also, I find that things with the characters sometimes just happen. I've seen many instances where they stop on their way from Point A to Point B and take the time to interact with a few guests.

LWQuestie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:19 AM   #4
kcashner
DIS Veteran

The only special "unadvertised" events that I'm aware of are invitation only events, some for designated groups. There are concierge events, Adventures by Disney events (when there are embedded groups on board), Castaway gold and platinum events, DVC member events....all of which don't show up on the Navigators. If you are in any of these categories, you should get a schedule/invitation as appropriate.

The Magical moment princess event is an invitation only activity, as noted above.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:50 AM   #5
wendyoconnor
DIS Veteran

I know characters will make unscheduled appearances. We ran into Lilo doing the Midship detective agency, Chip and Dale were on the pool deck watching the crew remove the bees, DH ran into Princess Aurora and my favorite unexpected meeting was Belle in her blue dress!!!

We have heard the the galley tours are still offered but not advertised.

Fort Wilderness 6/1992, Disney Magic 9/4/04, Disney Magic 9/18/05, Disney Fantasy 4/21/12, Disney Fantasy 10/19/13 upcoming Disney Wonder cruise 6/8/2015
wendyoconnor is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: